Author Topic: Blue collar job  (Read 2834 times)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
Re: Blue collar job
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2021, 02:59:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Ive been doing landscaping/garden maintenence for the past 11 years.... did my trade 21 to 25 and since then have been working qualified...its nice somedays, other days its just a paycheque
[close]

Me too man. I like it but the weather can really suck in Ireland.

Money ain't amazing either. I used to do tech sales for Oracle, Salesforce and a few others for years and make way more but I was miserable.

Where are you doing it ?

Australia, i get to melt in the summer time haha but its not too bad, if it gets too hot my company is pretty good with letting us chill it out

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

RichardBarkley

• Rep: -129
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ive been doing landscaping/garden maintenence for the past 11 years.... did my trade 21 to 25 and since then have been working qualified...its nice somedays, other days its just a paycheque
[close]

Money ain't amazing either. I used to do tech sales for Oracle, Salesforce and a few others for years and make way more but I was miserable.

Where are you doing it ?
[close]

Australia, i get to melt in the summer time haha but its not too bad, if it gets too hot my company is pretty good with letting us chill it out

I know the feeling. I used to do roofing in Darwin.

I've never felt the heat... Like the heat on those roofs.. fuck me it was hot.

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 9
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »
I work in a warehouse at an electric supply company. Shipping/receiving, fork lift, all that. I really like it. It can get hectic and all but it's good pay. The owner used to skate so he built this insane skatepark upstairs. Unfortunately no one ever skates it because it's right above the sales office and they hate how loud it is. The Bowl is sick though.
Proverbs 27:17

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2021, 03:32:50 PM »
i used to work at a wood shop building sets for photoshoots and installing them for almost no money. Did that for about 4 years and then i figured out how to transition to being the person that gets the sets made for companies, which is a prop stylist, and now i have transitioned into producing photoshoots. Kind of funny how it worked out.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 39
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
I work in a warehouse at an electric supply company. Shipping/receiving, fork lift, all that. I really like it. It can get hectic and all but it's good pay. The owner used to skate so he built this insane skatepark upstairs. Unfortunately no one ever skates it because it's right above the sales office and they hate how loud it is. The Bowl is sick though.

that sounds sick, got any pics of the skatepark?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2021, 10:22:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where are you doing it ?
[close]

[close]

I know the feeling. I used to do roofing in Darwin.

I've never felt the heat... Like the heat on those roofs.. fuck me it was hot.

Australias probably the best place to live if you wanna get into this industry, being able to work year round and know that you will always have work is good. I lived in Vancouver for 4-5 years and man in the winter it was tough

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 9
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2021, 05:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that sounds sick, got any pics of the skatepark?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 05:37:37 AM by Surf The Earth »
Proverbs 27:17

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: -3
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2021, 01:27:44 AM »
Been an autoworker for the past 6 years

DaleSr

• Rep: 20
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2021, 09:22:26 PM »
I do general handyman work with my dad but specialize in hanging drywall and mudding. Lot of people hate it but i think it's pretty easy because I've been helping my old man since i was 16.
Boi... Sinner really is making the US look like some sort of bandana republic.

Gary Gloverberg

• Rep: 8
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2021, 12:39:09 PM »
I do general handyman work with my dad but specialize in hanging drywall and mudding. Lot of people hate it but i think it's pretty easy because I've been helping my old man since i was 16.

Story time! I installed central ac in the finished attic in my old house. Framing, taping and mudding 35’ of kneewall and a couple soffits was the most fun I had the whole project. Smooth inside 45s and pointed corner beads are so satisfying. I watched Ben Degros’ carpentry channel for months before noticing scuffed up skate shoes and finding his skate channel which contributed to me picking the board up again

DaleSr

• Rep: 20
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2021, 07:35:17 AM »
There's nothing like a smooth 45 degree angle
Boi... Sinner really is making the US look like some sort of bandana republic.

Telly

• Rep: -108
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2021, 05:27:22 PM »
There's nothing like a smooth 45 degree angle

A smooth 135 degree angle?