Author Topic: Post your fit  (Read 148650 times)

ricky bobby

Re: Post your fit
« Reply #420 on: April 04, 2021, 04:30:03 PM »
question for the fashionista pals: anyone own any noah stuff? i know it's expensive as fuck, but a long term goal of mine is to get some sort of luxury sweat suit. especially since the pandemic means more hanging at home or only being allowed to slouch to the grocery store or pharmacy. and i want to look as fly as possible doing this while maintaining max comfort. so i thought of buying the matching combo hoodie/sweatpant. the stuff is said to be made in canada and looks mad comfy in pics. would any of you guys owning a noah piece say the quality is adequate for the steep price? thanks in advance.
I only own a few t shirts, a cap and a beanie from Noah but can confirm they're all top tier quality and I couldn't recommend their stuff more.

Slugboi22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #421 on: April 04, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote
question for the fashionista pals: anyone own any noah stuff? i know it's expensive as fuck, but a long term goal of mine is to get some sort of luxury sweat suit. especially since the pandemic means more hanging at home or only being allowed to slouch to the grocery store or pharmacy. and i want to look as fly as possible doing this while maintaining max comfort. so i thought of buying the matching combo hoodie/sweatpant. the stuff is said to be made in canada and looks mad comfy in pics. would any of you guys owning a noah piece say the quality is adequate for the steep price? thanks in advance.
[close]
I only own a few t shirts, a cap and a beanie from Noah but can confirm they're all top tier quality and I couldn't recommend their stuff more.
i can safely say the same! own an embroidered long sleeve as well as a beanie! both are incredible quality. make sure to look at size charts. i know their shirts tend to fit a little smaller than expected.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #422 on: April 04, 2021, 06:34:44 PM »
For long sleeve and short sleeve tees, the quality is solid, but nothing mind blowing. I wouldn't pay full price.
Don't have any Noah sweats, but I think they use the same made in Canada blanks as Supreme. For those, full retail for heavyweight sweats is somewhat justified. I wouldn't pay full price for the lightweight sweats or anything french terry.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #423 on: April 04, 2021, 07:24:44 PM »

I’ve got a heavyweight cotton Noah tee and a normal tee and a beanie, quality is insane on each I’d highly recommend  their clothes. If you aren’t stoked on the price you can wait until their next season then they mark down the “off season” items down by 50% or more, I got a tee and beanie for $55 Canadian in January when the sale was still going on. Also if you don’t mind buying clothes second hand you can get some nice deals on Noah stuff on Depop or Grailed.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #424 on: April 05, 2021, 06:26:43 AM »
thanks to all yallz feedback on noah! much appreciated. probably gonna wait til the next drop, but i think i'm gonna get a basic hoodie or something.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #425 on: April 05, 2021, 07:43:04 AM »
thanks to all yallz feedback on noah! much appreciated. probably gonna wait til the next drop, but i think i'm gonna get a basic hoodie or something.

You are in Europe right?

Sometimes Slamjam has good end of season sales and they carry Noah... keep your eyes peeled for that! Also noticed that Civilist started carrying Noah too.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #426 on: April 06, 2021, 07:27:43 PM »

Uncle Acid tshirt
Uniqlo black jeans
Janoski mids

the janoski mids  are mad underrated
friend came by wearing them recently and I was tripping on them. Navy leather
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #427 on: April 07, 2021, 02:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are in Europe right?

Sometimes Slamjam has good end of season sales and they carry Noah... keep your eyes peeled for that! Also noticed that Civilist started carrying Noah too.

thx for the reply man! very good to know.

sammyz you just know how to dress well.

i'll try and bust up some hype shit i have for another fit maybe next time i go skating haha. i got some rare shit from my shop days. this thread is a good excuse to dress up and/or weird.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #428 on: April 07, 2021, 05:43:19 AM »

I would rather die than wear their stuff. Theyre like the polar opposite of supreme but just as corny. Their whole "we pollute the earth but we donate like 60 dollars every month to [insert x charity]" shit sickens me. I also find their claims that theyre a skate brand dubious, at best, they barely post anything remotely realyed to skateboarding. Their clothes look nice, but no skateboarder ive ever met actually wears anything noah. Even palace is cheaper lol.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #429 on: April 07, 2021, 05:48:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
For long sleeve and short sleeve tees, the quality is solid, but nothing mind blowing. I wouldn't pay full price.
Don't have any Noah sweats, but I think they use the same made in Canada blanks as Supreme. For those, full retail for heavyweight sweats is somewhat justified. I wouldn't pay full price for the lightweight sweats or anything french terry.

I don't know if Supreme still uses them, but this is correct... All of the knits come from CYC which is the umbrella company that owns Reigning Champ and Wings+Horns (now out of business I believer) and produced for many of the NYC Menswear/Streetwear boom brands of the early 00s such as Nom De Guerre, Rogan, and others.

https://cycdesigncorp.com/

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #430 on: April 07, 2021, 08:29:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't know if Supreme still uses them, but this is correct... All of the knits come from CYC which is the umbrella company that owns Reigning Champ and Wings+Horns (now out of business I believer) and produced for many of the NYC Menswear/Streetwear boom brands of the early 00s such as Nom De Guerre, Rogan, and others.

Palace is also their client I believe.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #431 on: April 07, 2021, 09:26:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would rather die than wear their stuff. Theyre like the polar opposite of supreme but just as corny. Their whole "we pollute the earth but we donate like 60 dollars every month to [insert x charity]" shit sickens me. I also find their claims that theyre a skate brand dubious, at best, they barely post anything remotely realyed to skateboarding. Their clothes look nice, but no skateboarder ive ever met actually wears anything noah. Even palace is cheaper lol.

When did they claim they are a skate brand? They are a streetwear brand that is down with skateboarding, takes inspo from it but doesn't limit themselves to just our subculture, kinda like Stussy, also has a skate team, so there's that...
You also don't see any skater wearing it because its expensive and skaters are cheap cunts, would rather pay 40 bucks for a gildan shirt with a shitty print that will shrink 3 sizes when washed then 60 for a ethically made one that is cut & sewn and will last a lifetime. Most people I know that wear Noah are people that liked Supreme in the past but got too old for the over-the-top shit they put out and just want some nice piece of clothing with good quality and clean minimal branding. They also pay my man Bobby DeKeyzer so I'm down with them.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

6000 sux

• Rep: 16
« Reply #432 on: April 07, 2021, 09:54:11 AM »
i don't know if this is true but i read somewhere supreme and noah use roopa knitting mills out of canada now, you can get blanks on their site https://www.houseofblanks.com/collections/all still pretty expensive though, you'd be better off waiting for a sale or just buying secondhand off depop or grailed or whatever.

Expand Quote
[close]

i don't disagree on the point that noah can be corny, but i appreciate their transparency in the supply chain and breaking down the costs of their clothing and trying to source stuff at least somewhat ethically. when did they claim to be a skate brand? also they literally just posted photos of nick michel skating their new vans collab

6000 sux

• Rep: 16
« Reply #433 on: April 07, 2021, 09:58:02 AM »
honestly noah's skate credentials are more valid than supreme, the owner had tricks in jolie rouge, james jebbia never even skated

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #434 on: April 07, 2021, 01:05:46 PM »
honestly noah's skate credentials are more valid than supreme, the owner had tricks in jolie rouge, james jebbia never even skated

I just really dislike boutique skate brands tbh. Would rather blow my cash on something not sold at DSM

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #435 on: April 07, 2021, 03:30:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I sell Reigning Champ at my work and can confirm it's some of the best fleece I've seen, never had any faults or returns, and frequently have customers saying they've had a hood or crew for 5-10 years and it's their favourite, still going strong. The grey heather just gets better with age.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #436 on: April 08, 2021, 12:12:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When did they claim they are a skate brand? They are a streetwear brand that is down with skateboarding, takes inspo from it but doesn't limit themselves to just our subculture, kinda like Stussy, also has a skate team, so there's that...
You also don't see any skater wearing it because its expensive and skaters are cheap cunts, would rather pay 40 bucks for a gildan shirt with a shitty print that will shrink 3 sizes when washed then 60 for a ethically made one that is cut & sewn and will last a lifetime. Most people I know that wear Noah are people that liked Supreme in the past but got too old for the over-the-top shit they put out and just want some nice piece of clothing with good quality and clean minimal branding. They also pay my man Bobby DeKeyzer so I'm down with them.

Hey man I get your point and I also try to buy things that last. I had a fast fashion episode that lasted a month. Got over clothes turning into cardboard after one wash and said fuck that.
But rather than paying an indecent amount for a tshirt, I prefer going to a thrift store and slowly building my closet with stuff that lasts for cheap and spending my money on stuff like new wheels, shoes, boards, you name it. However skaters are indeed cheap cunts but none of the people I skate with spend money on clothes, maybe it depends on where you live? Oh and Bobby rules!

socksthewizard

• Rep: 13
« Reply #437 on: April 08, 2021, 07:09:26 AM »

I own quite a bit of noah stuff at the moment, as sort of like you, I've been trying to up my style/quality over time in my closet. I can say that noah's quality is pretty darn good, I own two hoodies from them and they're both great. The lightweight zip up that they recently dropped has been in my rotation HEAVILY. It's a streetwear sportswear brand that I can get down with, and they actually have a proper skate team, they don't come off as corny as some might say, at least imo.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #438 on: April 08, 2021, 08:29:33 PM »
Fuccboi posts a fit.

Thrasher S&D cap
Anon-Assure model 3600C personal identity concealment “CENSORED” optic bar (2.25” width, opaque black)
Barbarian Rugby Shirt
Levi’s nouveau cargos w/ wacky pocket placement
SB Team Classics from Ebay (NIB for $24.70)
I’ve already posted my pictures of my face on these boards, but I couldn’t resist trying out this new censored bar I picked up at the identity protection shop.
Also, I don’t actually have one of those smart watches that triggers my phone, but I wanted to have a go at looking like I did, so I’m touching my watch for funsies.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #439 on: April 09, 2021, 03:51:27 PM »
I think I already said it once in this thread, but I'll say it again: Lou, your fit pics at Rockridge make me miss that spot so much. I was literally just daydreaming about those curbs.....

Here's my fit contribution. I got these Ceeblues jeans on Monday, did a cold soak and hang dried them, and I've been wearing them everyday since. They're not as crazy baggy as they are on Gilbert Crockett, but they're still definitely looser than they look in this picture. I think that I'm going to get them hemmed at some point in the near future.

Thrifted vintage sweater
Ceeblues Leigh denim chino
Vans Crockett Highs

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #440 on: April 10, 2021, 09:32:40 AM »
Fuccboi posts a fit.

Thrasher S&D cap
Anon-Assure model 3600C personal identity concealment “CENSORED” optic bar (2.25” width, opaque black)
Barbarian Rugby Shirt
Levi’s nouveau cargos w/ wacky pocket placement
SB Team Classics from Ebay (NIB for $24.70)
I’ve already posted my pictures of my face on these boards, but I couldn’t resist trying out this new censored bar I picked up at the identity protection shop.
Also, I don’t actually have one of those smart watches that triggers my phone, but I wanted to have a go at looking like I did, so I’m touching my watch for funsies.

oh my god those pants are amazing

I think I already said it once in this thread, but I'll say it again: Lou, your fit pics at Rockridge make me miss that spot so much. I was literally just daydreaming about those curbs.....

Here's my fit contribution. I got these Ceeblues jeans on Monday, did a cold soak and hang dried them, and I've been wearing them everyday since. They're not as crazy baggy as they are on Gilbert Crockett, but they're still definitely looser than they look in this picture. I think that I'm going to get them hemmed at some point in the near future.

Thrifted vintage sweater
Ceeblues Leigh denim chino
Vans Crockett Highs

youre a giant dude jesus  :D
Cant go wrong with croketts

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #441 on: April 12, 2021, 04:45:53 PM »

Milsurp Italian work jacket with Spitfire patch and a couple pins

Hockey Baghead tee

GAP Athletic Fit black jeans

Vans Skate Classics Sk8 Hi (toebox isn't really good if you kneeslide a lot on transition like I do. Vans shouldn't have messed with it)

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2021, 05:48:57 PM »
Wow those toes! Not being at least a normal amount of kneeslide proofed seems like a huge oversight.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #443 on: April 12, 2021, 07:25:16 PM »
Wow those toes! Not being at least a normal amount of kneeslide proofed seems like a huge oversight.

Yeah seriously. I think Vans took the board flippers' complaints of the toebox having too much rubber to heart. But the toebox is part of what makes Vans, well, Vans. Plus more rubber = shoe lasts longer.

I guess people forgot that knee sliding is a part of transition :v It sucks cause I like literally everything else about the shoe.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: April 13, 2021, 07:38:03 AM »
I worka desk job now. Started wearing loafers/ drivers/ boots but my feet were sore so i wear sneakers now unless going to meetings

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2021, 07:43:48 AM »
Testing ultra wide angle
Kyle walker 1s maroon
Forgot how nice maroon is
These are ok, still need to swap insole, looking for whateversin my dunk sb
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:50:32 AM by lemonchicken91 »

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #446 on: April 13, 2021, 09:33:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah seriously. I think Vans took the board flippers' complaints of the toebox having too much rubber to heart. But the toebox is part of what makes Vans, well, Vans. Plus more rubber = shoe lasts longer.

I guess people forgot that knee sliding is a part of transition :v It sucks cause I like literally everything else about the shoe.

Have you tried sticking some suede patches on it? Might help

Frank and Fred

« Reply #447 on: April 13, 2021, 09:42:52 AM »

Hockey Baghead tee

Vans Skate Classics Sk8 Hi (toebox isn't really good if you kneeslide a lot on transition like I do. Vans shouldn't have messed with it)

going to need a kneepad photo.  What you rocking? Boneless? 187? S one?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #448 on: April 13, 2021, 01:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you tried sticking some suede patches on it? Might help

I actually haven't considered that until now. I might give that a shot.

Expand Quote

Hockey Baghead tee

[close]

going to need a kneepad photo.  What you rocking? Boneless? 187? S one?

187 Killer Pro Pads

Excuse the messy room and dirty mirror. Obviously I don't skate in these pants, but I'm too lazy to change :v

Elbow pads I use + stock knee caps that I wore through. You'd think that someone would've figured out how to make elbow pads with replaceable caps after all these years.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised there isn't a helmet/pad/protection thread, given the average age of users on this forum (~30)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #449 on: April 13, 2021, 08:43:43 PM »

night time walking off a stir fry and eggs:

-carhartt rain defender heavy weight (very warm and comfy, maintaining inner fuzz after a few wash cycles. the hood isn't as big as it could be and it's already getting sunbleached after less than 6 months of wearing/working. dope hoody nonetheless)
-solstice skateshop NBMA joggers
-tom knox NB#440 hi
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind