Author Topic: Post your fit  (Read 148624 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Post your fit
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2021, 10:14:32 PM »
I had a good fit/ watch combo on today wish I’d snapped a pic now...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2021, 05:35:12 AM »

yes a video about how a successful brand became successful is ironic

yes im sure carhartt being successful is down to hipsters buying beanies and not a tried and tested history of quality workwear gear

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2021, 06:04:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yes im sure carhartt being successful is down to hipsters buying beanies and not a tried and tested history of quality workwear gear

Tractor supply and Cabela's are always slim pickings for pants. Fucking hipsters
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Acky Jacky

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2021, 06:38:31 AM »
My dad's a carpenter and he always rocked Carhartt when I was growing up. But to be honest my dad kind of falls into the 70+ hipster category.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2021, 06:41:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's a called a clickbait title.. At no point in the video did anyone say carhartt being successful is down to hipsters buying beanies

ballintoohard

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2021, 08:09:18 AM »
Expand Quote

90’s themed.
Kinetic Skateshop beanie
Vu Skateshop hoodie I designed for them that dropped today, I dubbed it the Vullely. Shameless plug it’s on their site Gary did T-shirts too
Polar 93 denim in brown
Crockett high
[close]

+1for the vu hoodie.

Making me wish I kept those denim

ballintoohard

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2021, 08:12:03 AM »
The Arc talk is kinda funny to me. My “other” hobby is rock climbing and in that and other outdoor communities the brand is known as overpriced yuppie wear that is remarkably poorly engineered. They use decent fabrics, but poor zippers and often poor execution. It’s the easiest way to know that someone is from the South Bay and works in tech. I have a few jackets I’ve gotten second hand that are definitely worse than my 10 year old repaired Patagonia pieces or the Mountain Hardware puffy I partially melted.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2021, 08:33:13 AM »
The Arc talk is kinda funny to me. My “other” hobby is rock climbing and in that and other outdoor communities the brand is known as overpriced yuppie wear that is remarkably poorly engineered. They use decent fabrics, but poor zippers and often poor execution. It’s the easiest way to know that someone is from the South Bay and works in tech. I have a few jackets I’ve gotten second hand that are definitely worse than my 10 year old repaired Patagonia pieces or the Mountain Hardware puffy I partially melted.
There's only two people that work at tech giants: arcteryx with reeboks and kapital with birkenstocks

ballintoohard

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2021, 08:39:49 AM »
Nah dude also:

-Anyone wearing Allbirds
-Grey Patagonia zip up with logo embroidered on right sleeve.
-Black puffy vest.
-Anyone getting into selvedge denim just now.
-One of several uniforms: for example recently for men it was tight cuffed/pegged jeans with Chelsea boots.
-“I used to skate” dude that wants to tell you about how they still idolize Dylan. I’ve seen this at 2 companies that are completely unconnected.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2021, 08:54:28 AM »
Nah dude also:

-Anyone wearing Allbirds
-Grey Patagonia zip up with logo embroidered on right sleeve.
-Black puffy vest.
-Anyone getting into selvedge denim just now.
-One of several uniforms: for example recently for men it was tight cuffed/pegged jeans with Chelsea boots.
-“I used to skate” dude that wants to tell you about how they still idolize Dylan. I’ve seen this at 2 companies that are completely unconnected.

Fuck, I know one of those ahah he has a penny board in the office just for get the “I used to skate” credits to the max.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2021, 08:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
in for this

[close]
those are some perfect fitting pants sir
what are they?
Thanks, they’re Uniqlo U chinos from a few seasons back. I never really get anything from their mainline, but their U line puts out some nice pants, looser silhouettes with better materials usually. And shit always goes on sale too, so definitely keep an eye out.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2021, 09:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

90’s themed.
Kinetic Skateshop beanie
Vu Skateshop hoodie I designed for them that dropped today, I dubbed it the Vullely. Shameless plug it’s on their site Gary did T-shirts too
Polar 93 denim in brown
Crockett high
[close]

+1for the vu hoodie.
[close]

Making me wish I kept those denim

These sparked me, ordered dark blue, light blue and black.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

ballintoohard

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2021, 10:57:14 AM »
Sounds like you need the purple ones I still have to complete the set.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2021, 11:21:33 AM »
I wore a pair of maroon cords once and never heard the end of it, don't think I could pull off the purples.

Stratosphere beanie
Very old Vu hoodie from when we first opened, might have even been screened in the homie Damons house, he does like 90% of the graphics for the shop.
Eddie Bauer puffer
Carhartt relaxed fit, fleece lined, Rigby dungaree
Nike X Polar Trainer

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2021, 12:11:55 PM »

dumping the compost daily

camo beanie, thicker than watch cap and warmer
Oakley prescription sunglasses
Pendleton board shirt (best fucking xmas present ever)
carharrt pants (I don't know what the fucking model is, they're just work pants)
Vasque Erikkson boots (best hiking/working boots i'v ever had. figure they're done come spring after 5 years regular wear)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 12:19:32 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Acky Jacky

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2021, 01:45:39 PM »

Idk about the quality on Patagonia zippers either. Luckily they just replaced a jacket I was trying to have repaired because of a broken zipper. So regardless of the quality they just gave me a $400 jacket in exchange for my other one that was 2 years old. I can’t tell if you’re trying to sound pretentious on purpose, good job if you are.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 01:53:10 PM by Count Jackula »

ballintoohard

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2021, 03:20:38 PM »
Not at all, that's just comparing the jackets I own. I buy all my shit sale or second hand so I've had almost every brand and you can just look at all the Arc warranty/QC threads on various outdoor forums. Shit is mega overpriced and almost all brands use the same few textile companies. It's funny that the most yuppie brand in outdoor wear is a "secret" in skating, which usually eschews yuppie trends.

FlavouredCondom

• Rep: -40
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2021, 03:29:14 PM »

90’s themed.
Kinetic Skateshop beanie
Polar 93 denim in brown
Crockett high

I never want to see you commenting on anyone's outfit. KEK

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2021, 03:30:18 PM »
Expand Quote

90’s themed.
Kinetic Skateshop beanie
Polar 93 denim in brown
Crockett high
[close]

Talk shit post fit

Acky Jacky

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2021, 03:38:44 PM »
Not at all, that's just comparing the jackets I own. I buy all my shit sale or second hand so I've had almost every brand and you can just look at all the Arc warranty/QC threads on various outdoor forums. Shit is mega overpriced and almost all brands use the same few textile companies. It's funny that the most yuppie brand in outdoor wear is a "secret" in skating, which usually eschews yuppie trends.

Word, I tend to think a lot of skaters look like yuppies. But, I’ve also had people accuse me of looking like a techie when I lived in SF. I think more because I look like I (and I do) shower everyday. Less based around the clothes I was wearing. I picture mountain climbers to all have a sort of new age yuppie look, and I don’t mean offense by that.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2021, 03:58:35 PM »
Expand Quote

90’s themed.
Kinetic Skateshop beanie
Polar 93 denim in brown
Crockett high
[close]

Bummer, I was about to rain down come compliments.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2021, 04:04:12 PM »
Today’s outfit:

Sci-fi fantasy hat
The North Face Nuptse 1992 Retro
Aries Arise hoodie
Carhartt WIP Simple Pant 
Adidas superstar laceless (I wear those all the time lately).

I get quite a kick for a good come up on sales and this outfit has some of the best I ever found.
The sci-fi hat I found on a DSM sale for 12£, so actually I bought 3 different colors, making it 36£ for 3, when the usual retail is 38£ For 1. I was super surprised to find them for that price, they usually sell out super quick and resell for twice or triple the retail price. I ended up selling 1 with no profit to a friend and kept 2.
The TNF jacket I bought from a SIZE? sale for 50€. I have no clue how it was there for so cheap, it’s like a 80% discount, on one of the most popular jackets, in black (L size too). I never see this things on sale, so I checked out instantly, been a great beater for 2 winters already.
Aries is also a brand that is in that “premium streetwear”, so this is like a super nice hoodie, made in Italy, overdyed, suuuper nice fit and 100% quality cotton... It retails for over 230€, ended up finding this one in my fav color for 80 shipped in some crazy sale at this random Italian store. Super stoked on it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FlavouredCondom

• Rep: -40
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2021, 04:05:41 PM »
Expand Quote

Snow shoveling fit.. I fear you can’t handle the whole thing at once.
[close]

Post the entire thing, I dare you 8)

On-topic: the "I finally got new pants and need an excuse to wear them" fit.

Italian milsurp work jacket (pic makes it seem purple but it's really a dark navy)
Polar x Jack Purcell t shirt: https://cdn.shoplightspeed.com/shops/608013/files/4870928/converse-converse-x-polar-skate-co-jack-purcell-t.jpg
Polar 90s jeans (FINALLY found pants that fit my leg type, but I don't know if Polar still makes them)
Timberland Park Chukkas (The only shoes I have atm that are the same height as my medical boot)
Medical boot

LOL nice belly top.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2021, 04:08:36 PM »
Today’s outfit:

Sci-fi fantasy hat
Aries Arise hoodie
Carhartt WIP Simple Pant 

I get quite a kick for a good come up on sales and this outfit has some of the best I ever found.
The sci-fi hat I found on a DSM sale for 12£, so actually I bought 3 different colors, making it 36£ for 3, when the usual retail is 38£ For 1. I was super surprised to find them for that price, they usually sell out super quick and resell for twice or triple the retail price. I ended up selling 1 with no profit to a friend and kept 2.
The TNF jacket I bought from a SIZE? sale for 50€. I have no clue how it was there for so cheap, it’s like a 80% discount, on one of the most popular jackets, in black (L size too). I never see this things on sale, so I checked out instantly, been a great beater for 2 winters already.
Aries is also a brand that is in that “premium streetwear”, so this is like a super nice hoodie, made in Italy, overdyed, suuuper nice fit and 100% quality cotton... It retails for over 230€, ended up finding this one in my fav color for 80 shipped in some crazy sale at this random Italian store. Super stoked on it.

TNF puffer is sick!

Did you go true to size on the WIP simple jeans? The stock and model photos on the WIP site are garbage. I’ve almost grabbed simples but the site photos changed my mind, this photo is making me want to grab. Especially with the sale running right now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:21:00 PM by arrbee »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »

90’s themed.
Kinetic Skateshop beanie
Polar 93 denim in brown
Crockett high

@arrbee that sweatshirt is rad

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2021, 04:44:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Today’s outfit:

Sci-fi fantasy hat
Aries Arise hoodie
Carhartt WIP Simple Pant 

[close]

TNF puffer is sick!

Did you go true to size on the WIP simple jeans? The stock and model photos on the WIP site are garbage. I’ve almost grabbed simples but the site photos changed my mind, this photo is making me want to grab. Especially with the sale running right now.

Thanks man!

I bought the simple pants from my local back home so I actually tried them on. The size is my usual, 30W/32L and they are quite baggy. Tricky thing is that I went later to grab some brown twill ones and I had to size up to a 31W/32L, and I still think they aren’t as wide as the denim ones. So take that in consideration, sizing changes a bit depending on the material used (and maybe the denim wash too).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ballintoohard

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »
The WIP site measurements are usually spot on.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2021, 06:45:25 PM »
flavoredcondom where's the fit

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2021, 06:52:46 PM »
he's furiously calculating statistics in the fit laboratory to deliver maximum fitpact

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2021, 07:13:32 PM »
he's furiously calculating statistics in the fit laboratory to deliver maximum fitpact

Regardless of the results (and there better be some), his fitpicking has deemed him unfit for any respect from me
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead