Author Topic: Post your fit  (Read 148732 times)

sometimeperhaps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
Re: Post your fit
« Reply #510 on: April 28, 2021, 06:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote

shoobee
[close]

i might regret saying this one day but i think the sock and birkenstock combo really completes this look.

I think we all owe those “unfashionable” people of the past an apology. They knew the true comfort and style of that combo. True trendsetters

Fhk

« Reply #511 on: April 29, 2021, 04:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
damn g those gilbert jeans are really sick
[close]

!!!

———————————————————————————

Today’s outfit **90’s inspired**:

Alltimers nylon hat
H&M sweater
Vintage AWS shirt (birthday gift)
Carhartt WIP Simple Pants
Adidas Superstar Laceless (w/laces) @Fhk hu

The shirt was a birthday gift from one of my best friends that owns a vintage clothes shop. He said it should be either late 90’s or early 00’s. Really stocked on it!

Did it again man.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2021, 05:07:22 AM »
^Damn I haven't seen that Alien graphic since the early 90s. Saw Dinosaur on the Green Mind tour and that was actually the shirt for that show. Had a big DJ logo and a little tiny Alien logo in the bottom corner. All I knew about AW at the time was that it was Neil Blender's new thing.

Oh damn, that's so sick!
I just went to try to find it and found that version (sold for 500dollars  :o ) :
https://teejerker.com/products/early-90s-dinosaur-jr-alien-workshop

Mine is the exact same front graphic but without the Dinosaur Jr stuff. Only know that the graphic its called Visitor Window based on this:

Kinda curious to know more about it tho... Gonna email AWS!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Did it again man.

Thanks man! As a Superstar dude, you should try to find a pair of this "laceless" version. I already talked about it in here a bunch, but its a much superior version to the regular one or even the ADV one. With the Puffy tongue too! They are going for quite cheap on most of the websites (at least in Europe).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2021, 07:16:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

!!!

Alltimers nylon hat
H&M sweater

The shirt was a birthday gift from one of my best friends that owns a vintage clothes shop. He said it should be either late 90’s or early 00’s. Really stocked on it!

Rocked almost this exact outfit (except Triad AWS logo, Paco jeans, and Disney hat) on the regs circa like 1997.

Fhk

« Reply #514 on: April 29, 2021, 07:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh damn, that's so sick!
I just went to try to find it and found that version (sold for 500dollars  :o ) :
https://teejerker.com/products/early-90s-dinosaur-jr-alien-workshop

Mine is the exact same front graphic but without the Dinosaur Jr stuff. Only know that the graphic its called Visitor Window based on this:

Kinda curious to know more about it tho... Gonna email AWS!

Expand Quote
[spoiler]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

!!!

Alltimers nylon hat
H&M sweater

Did it again man.
[close]

Thanks man! As a Superstar dude, you should try to find a pair of this "laceless" version. I already talked about it in here a bunch, but its a much superior version to the regular one or even the ADV one. With the Puffy tongue too! They are going for quite cheap on most of the websites (at least in Europe).
[close]

Oh I have the laceless versions too my brutha.. and I love em

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #515 on: April 29, 2021, 08:20:34 AM »

That's the catch, those come with laces on the box! They just dont come with them on and have the elastic centering straps, so it looks like how Run DMC used to wear them (laceless). They have a puffy tongue and are all better quality leather, including stripes, lining, insole top... all that stuff is synthetic or mesh on the regular version. Literally everything's better on this version, you just gonna lace them up! This is the 4th pair I buy...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #516 on: April 29, 2021, 10:27:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

!!!

Alltimers nylon hat
H&M sweater

WIP needs to stop playin and restock that simple pant wash I need it!!!

Fhk

« Reply #517 on: April 29, 2021, 11:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's the catch, those come with laces on the box! They just dont come with them on and have the elastic centering straps, so it looks like how Run DMC used to wear them (laceless). They have a puffy tongue and are all better quality leather, including stripes, lining, insole top... all that stuff is synthetic or mesh on the regular version. Literally everything's better on this version, you just gonna lace them up! This is the 4th pair I buy...

I have two pair now..I'm just trying to find a use for the extra fat laces.. the 1994 Seventyfrigginseven would of loved them!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #518 on: April 29, 2021, 01:47:45 PM »
Where are you grabbing those laceless superstars in the US for cheap?

Fhk

« Reply #519 on: April 29, 2021, 01:58:30 PM »
I got both of mine off eBay for less then $50 shipped. They are so dope, but I imagine probably not for a wide foot person. I say that because the tongue band is fairly wide...but I've been wrong before  :)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #520 on: April 29, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I got both of mine off eBay for less then $50 shipped. They are so dope, but I imagine probably not for a wide foot person. I say that because the tongue band is fairly wide...but I've been wrong before  :)

Shit, I just realised you first said you already had a pair of them! Totally misread that ahah

@jay_nev I‘m in the EU so I’ve been getting them from random sneaker shops. Cheapest I got was 35€ shipped, a bargain tbh.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #521 on: April 29, 2021, 02:36:43 PM »
Excellent web sleuthing @Sk.A.T.A.N with that DJ shirt. I actually can't find that show listed on any of the fan sites listing Dinosaur shows and I've also looked for that shirt but could never find it. Internet archivists had me thinking I had imagined the whole thing. It's a trip to see it again.

Gonna go hit up ebay and see about these $50 laceless Superstars.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Fhk

« Reply #522 on: April 29, 2021, 02:37:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Shit, I just realised you first said you already had a pair of them! Totally misread that ahah
Your style got in the way and it confused you.. I completely understand.  ;D I haven't skated the laceless yet, but I can't wait man

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #523 on: May 03, 2021, 02:06:23 AM »
That 90’s fit is so spot on it’s incredible haha, and that tshirt has aged beautifully, very nice

Took this on my way out before going out to skate, the quality is busted unfortunately

Ralph Lauren cap
Bronze Neversoft hoodie
Dickies carpenter jeans
Converse cons

I really love the cons but the laces run out so fast it’s crazy I’m already eating my third replacement on the right pair  :D

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #524 on: May 03, 2021, 02:29:12 AM »
That 90’s fit is so spot on it’s incredible haha, and that tshirt has aged beautifully, very nice

Took this on my way out before going out to skate, the quality is busted unfortunately

Ralph Lauren cap
Bronze Neversoft hoodie
Dickies carpenter jeans
Converse cons

I really love the cons but the laces run out so fast it’s crazy I’m already eating my third replacement on the right pair  :D

Nice fit!

I just ordered the Neversoft Bronze sweater last weekend. I missed the first runs but aint letting it escape again. Also noticed its embroidered now and not a print anymore, which is sick! 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #525 on: May 03, 2021, 05:19:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Ralph Lauren cap
Bronze Neversoft hoodie
Dickies carpenter jeans
Converse cons

[close]

Nice fit!

I just ordered the Neversoft Bronze sweater last weekend. I missed the first runs but aint letting it escape again. Also noticed its embroidered now and not a print anymore, which is sick!

Thanks, I might post more fits when I stop wearing the same things 3 days in a row haha

As for the embroidered neversoft logo, that’s great news, I always thought this graphic deserved a dedicated embroidery, might buy it again, especially if they run different colors.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #526 on: May 03, 2021, 11:31:23 PM »
chillin n illin kids

Patagonia zip hoodie (lost and found pile score!)
champion joggers
New Balance 977H Cordura/Morrocan Tile

Those NB are a thing of beauty

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #527 on: May 04, 2021, 10:39:35 AM »
Expand Quote
chillin n illin kids

champion joggers
[close]

ya man, I don't wear them often but they're hella comfy. I saw them when they first were released a few years back but wasn't gonna spend a hundo on a pair of sneakers. Went back to that same mom & pop shoe store a year later and they were 40bones on the clearance rack so I took em home. This shoe store has the best clearance. might get there when Im east next
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #528 on: May 04, 2021, 11:53:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
chillin n illin kids

champion joggers
[close]

[close]

ya man, I don't wear them often but they're hella comfy. I saw them when they first were released a few years back but wasn't gonna spend a hundo on a pair of sneakers. Went back to that same mom & pop shoe store a year later and they were 40bones on the clearance rack so I took em home. This shoe store has the best clearance. might get there when Im east next

Such a great deal wow

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #529 on: May 04, 2021, 01:58:28 PM »
997H are the made in asia/china and yeah, worth maybe the $40 or so.. Highly recommend the MIUS/UK models instead, the quality and materials and build isn't even comparable.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #530 on: May 04, 2021, 03:07:11 PM »
997H are the made in asia/china and yeah, worth maybe the $40 or so.. Highly recommend the MIUS/UK models instead, the quality and materials and build isn't even comparable.

This! Can’t beat the premium NB classics.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:38:34 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #531 on: May 04, 2021, 03:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Beer in the yard fit

Pringle cardigan
Polar 93s
Birkenstock Bostons
[close]

From that angle you look like the younger brother of Frank Gerwer. Cheers!
Frank Gerwer Kenny Anderson love child.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #532 on: May 04, 2021, 06:23:39 PM »

just like most every other sneaker out there that people spend too much $$ on!

I don't know man, but I'm not dropping money like that on a pair of sneakers that I'm going to wear to shit. Pair of Asia made 574s worn hard daily generally last me about a year, and I feel like it's a fair deal on this end.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #533 on: May 05, 2021, 03:01:17 PM »
I have a pair of made in USA New Balance 998s and a few made in Asia/China NBs. The slight improvement in material quality and build quality with the 998s is negligible. 100% not worth the mark-up.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #534 on: May 05, 2021, 04:01:25 PM »
I have a pair of made in USA New Balance 998s and a few made in Asia/China NBs. The slight improvement in material quality and build quality with the 998s is negligible. 100% not worth the mark-up.

Because paying workers a fair wage doesn’t come into the equation, eh?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #535 on: May 05, 2021, 04:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dawg if we're going to get into the fair wage/sweat shop/labor equity conversation, this whole thread is toast. Aside from that, CEOs and shareholders could always take a cut in pay to increase the wage of workers. It makes me think of the whole idea of paying contracted employees a sub minimum or less than living wage and consumers being expected to subsidize with "tips."

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #536 on: May 05, 2021, 06:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yea i'm positive all those factory workers think their wages and hours are fair lol
these companies tax ppl an arm and a leg cause they know ppl will pay a premium for the idea of buying American made, when a good % of the materials are still sourced from Asia/China

rock2fakie

• Rep: 7
« Reply #537 on: May 06, 2021, 06:20:01 AM »

filson oil tin cap (shits water proof af)
plain White T shirt
volcom flannel from 2008
carhartt sherpa vest
bdu trousers
rainbow sandals (on the flip flop train after the gnarly ankle injury in January. Ankle feels pretty great but foot is still like half size wider, making sneakers of any sort wicked uncomfortable)

love this one

socksthewizard

• Rep: 13
« Reply #538 on: May 07, 2021, 02:08:16 PM »

Thrifted Carhartt Work Shirt
Carhartt WIP Pocket Tee/Belt
Polar 93's from the last drop
NB Numeric 288 Sport

TheCrimsonShroud