Author Topic: LIFESTYLE PROS  (Read 7045 times)

HeapsCool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
LIFESTYLE PROS
« on: December 30, 2020, 04:57:34 AM »
I loved arto as a pro. Now all I see of him are black and white photos of him holding a leica in a double page ad in monster children (which is a total culture vulture, bullshit publication btw) for some denim company. Dude needs to hang it up.

Who else falls in this category?

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
Re: LIFESTYLE PROS
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 05:01:06 AM »
Sean Pablo.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 05:06:04 AM »
dill

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 05:42:31 AM »
I loved arto as a pro. Now all I see of him are black and white photos of him holding a leica in a double page ad in monster children (which is a total culture vulture, bullshit publication btw) for some denim company. Dude needs to hang it up.

He did hang it up, over a decade ago

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 05:50:23 AM »
Arto is a photographer now. I'm actually stoked hearing hes in an add and got paid, you should be too.

Hes even in a BMW commercial, and I'm not mad about that either.

Imagine winning SOTY,  being one of the best skaters ever, walking away intact and making a great living outside of skateboarding.

The man has done it correctly
Gentleman ninja warlock

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 06:03:21 AM »
Who can get mad at Arto getting lifestyle hammers now that he's not a pro skater anymore. He skated like a madman until he physically could not. Clout for life looks good on your resume.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 06:07:39 AM »
dill

He had some pretty great video parts and now owns a wildly successful company that hooks up some of his long term friends (Gino, AVE, etc.) and gives some new kids (Tyshawn, Swan, etc.).  Whether or not you like the FA/Hockey athstetic/Image, it seems like he's pulling his weight.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • Free Max B
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 06:09:31 AM »
so many people you could have chose. but instead you chose one of the very few who bowed out when he knew it was done.

how you gonna make a new milking it 2021 thread and mention arto? the fuck

free max b
FREE MAX B

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 06:16:52 AM »
Arto is a photographer now. I'm actually stoked hearing hes in an add and got paid, you should be too.

Imagine winning SOTY,  being one of the best skaters ever, walking away intact and making a great living outside of skateboarding.

He nuked his own career due to drug addiction to the point he had spent his entire career earnings and his partner left him and took his kid with her. Has done well to land on his own two feet for sure, but to say he has done it correctly, well, he has not.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 06:24:27 AM »
Biebel being the obvious example. 

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 06:42:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He nuked his own career due to drug addiction to the point he had spent his entire career earnings and his partner left him and took his kid with her. Has done well to land on his own two feet for sure, but to say he has done it correctly, well, he has not.

When did this happen? I got off Instagram awhile ago but when I was following him wasn’t he living in Hawaii with his family? And drug addiction?

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 06:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Early 00's Arto was tops. Glad he ended up in Mindfield rather than Extremely Sorry. He lost me after the American Express ad, though.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 07:05:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

When did this happen? I got off Instagram awhile ago but when I was following him wasn’t he living in Hawaii with his family? And drug addiction?

He got his family back after he got sober and clean. There's a Thrasher article on it post Phelps death - https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/over-it-article/

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 07:06:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I thought his knees were done. Had too many surgeries etc.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 07:52:42 AM »
Sean Pablo.

LOL

Hilarious that this was the first response, no hesitation.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 08:15:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Early 00's Arto was tops. Glad he ended up in Mindfield rather than Extremely Sorry. He lost me after the American Express ad, though.

i actually really like this ad. i've got a similar setup in my garage and want to get that trick one of these days

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2020, 09:28:20 AM »
Biebel being the obvious example.

He was for sure the king of milking it for the last few years, but he’s technically not pro anymore. Can’t believe there’s anyway in hell any other companies still pay him either.
It still boggles me how it took him filming that video for Girl to finally kick him off. What an idiotic business decision to just send a guy a check every month that offers quite literally nothing to your company anymore. 

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »
I went to a Flip demo in 2013 and Ben Nordberg sat off to the side smoking darts the whole time. I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen Him skate.
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

BluffsideTank

• Rep: -16
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 11:44:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He's pretty honest about the whole situation here: https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/over-it-article/:

TL;DR — Crack is whack.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2020, 12:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought his knees were done. Had too many surgeries etc.
They are, dude had 3 surgeries,also had a bad heart that needed surgery as well.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2020, 12:48:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He's pretty honest about the whole situation here: https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/over-it-article/:

TL;DR — Crack is whack.
respect to ave for really laying it out there and being super blunt about it

conqueso

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »
that one instagram guy who spikes his hair with cum and skates in expensive shoes

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »
so many people you could have chose. but instead you chose one of the very few who bowed out when he knew it was done.

how you gonna make a new milking it 2021 thread and mention arto? the fuck

free max b

Because he is a photographer getting photographed holding a camera. the fuck.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2020, 01:18:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i actually really like this ad. i've got a similar setup in my garage and want to get that trick one of these days

I think there was a former snowboarder who played a major role in setting this up, but this was an amazing project Arto was part of...

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2020, 03:02:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

TL;DR — Crack is whack.
[close]
respect to ave for really laying it out there and being super blunt about it

That was a great read. Pardon my ignorance but who was the teammate he referenced dying on a trip?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »

pretty much everybody who was in Sorry

Brguy

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2020, 03:26:23 PM »
I thought Arto had shitty memory from hitting his head so many times too.

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »
But its Arto. Arto Saari. Arto "He almost died twice while making this film...." Saari.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2020, 05:40:49 PM »
the arto slander followed by the MC diss, god damn bro you a fuckin’ lame.

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »
Recent years boo Johnson. I can’t think of any skateboarding he’s done besides terrible hard flip back smith grinds and wearing trendy glasses and straye ads and being sponsored by weedmaps.