Author Topic: Are eS Accel Slim shoes good?  (Read 2371 times)

BlindForLife!

Are eS Accel Slim shoes good?
« on: January 03, 2021, 11:43:16 AM »
My Emerica shoes are worn out, are eS shoes good?

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: Are eS Accel Slim shoes good?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 12:08:32 PM »
They are alright. They fit true to size and will stretch out a little when they are worn in. Width I would say is a little bit wider than the usual skate shoe, but not wide by any other standards. Durability is Ok, not great. Board grip and boardfeel is Fine.

BlindForLife!

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 12:09:43 PM »
Is Converse good?

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWr5Qklq75/?igshid=enhdgq8femaq
These may not be what you want. They are what you NEED.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 12:42:47 PM »
I like them. I pretty much just jump between es and emerica depending on what's going, they skate pretty similar. They're kind of like the Reynolds or something like that, little thicker maybe
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 01:19:19 PM »
Less supportive than Reynolds g6/ Etnies Marana. Average durability.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 03:05:59 PM »
I pretty much only skate Es now and the slims, slim plus, symbol, and Quattro are the good models.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 04:38:33 PM »
I just started skating them and like them so far. the toe box is definitely tight but is opening up with some sessions. I appreciate the heel support and, when skating, the sole support is good too. I don't find them very comfortable as walking/chill shoes though. I got them from a PAL for $35 shipped but wouldn't pay full price for them.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 07:57:50 PM »
Yeah they're a bit uncomfortable to walk around in. The stitching on my soles gave in first session. Average durability, good flick and board feel. Wish they were constructed a little better as it's my favourite looking shoe.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »
Eh, I had a pair and they felt like they were going to rip off my right pinky toenail when I first started wearing them. It kind of went away after awhile but I wasn't a big fan. They look good and have a nice flick, though.

Glurmpz

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 09:06:23 PM »
Really good grip, boardfeel and flick. The Slim Plus is basically an upgrade to a better sole that holds up longer (I cut the strap off), but the toe box is slightly longer. I think the regular slim is better looking, but the slim plus has more support due to the sole. Regular Accel Slims fit a tad tight, but they do stretch out. The Slim Plus fits very true to size.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 08:57:16 AM »
No.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 09:52:52 AM »
No.

Sadly, I agree.
I went half size up. The sole was very thin, and less comfortable than most shoes. I’d rather skate a vans authentic at that point. The flick was nice, but I just couldn’t get over the lack of cushioning.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »
i like them. Good flick and boardfeel, but they're thin for a cupsole. That being said, if you want something close to a vulc in thickness but ever so slightly more padded, then i would get them.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »
Maybe it’s just me, but I was able to feel the rectangular “es” sole cutout on my heel. It drove me crazy
fuck you bama

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 12:53:59 PM »
Agree with the thinness (pre-Energy insole idk how good they are), I accepted that they had zero cushioning. Which on the flipside made boardfeel great. Good thing I was skating mostly flatground & curbs in them.

Durability-wise, for some reason I always blow out eS's. The thin rubber in the toecap helped a little, but soon enough I had a hole in them. It's a shame because the grip lasted soooo long, so I was constantly duct taping my toecap because I still had plenty of grip on the bottom left.

Fit-wise, shoe stretches out like others mentioned. I skated them a lot in shorts over the summer and had no issues with them slipping off my feet. Felt a bit sweaty but whatever it was like 85 degrees outside.

Overall, if you are doing mostly low-impact skating these will work fine. I wish eS still put "G2 Impact Gel" in every single thing like they used to. Those were the days.