Author Topic: Scratched front element on HVX200  (Read 685 times)

burtreynolds.jpeg

Scratched front element on HVX200
« on: January 04, 2021, 08:32:09 AM »
Hi all,

I, unfortunately, scratched my lens on my HVX200 from not properly screwing on my fisheye. I know...I should have been more carefully and probably had a UV filter on there.

Here is a picture of the scratch. It is getting more evident in the footage but I want to try and buff it out if possible.

Any advice or techniques I can use to at least buff it out even a little.

Thank you

el chino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
Re: Scratched front element on HVX200
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »
Hi all,

I, unfortunately, scratched my lens on my HVX200 from not properly screwing on my fisheye. I know...I should have been more carefully and probably had a UV filter on there.

Here is a picture of the scratch. It is getting more evident in the footage but I want to try and buff it out if possible.

Thank you
im not a filmer but you could try with a jeweler specialized in watch reconstruction, that would be my best guess
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:44:20 AM »
best option is to film with the ND filter on, high apertures (lower number) and with a more zoomed in setting when filming long lens. for fisheye idk what to tell you other than use a high aperture to blur it out more. any kind of buffing will just make it blurry but look around for options.
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

bataaard

• Rep: 40
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 12:59:54 PM »
try taking out the 2 screw we see on the picture and find a way to take out the 1st glass element (turning it counterclockwise maybe).
if you can, maybe you can buy this part for cheap from a reseller or take it from a broken hvx.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 01:26:21 PM »
I'd repeat the high f.stop number so it doesn't show up clearly in footage. My VX1000 has a foggy lens which anything above f5.6 looks terrible. if it's still bothering you you'll probably wanna look at getting a new lens assembly online and either doing it yourself or getting someone to do it.

ferbmx

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 10:22:17 PM »
Hi all,

Thank you

Contact Robert @ STUDIO CITY ENGINEERING (https://www.studiocityengineering.com/) to replace the lens. Awesome service and fast turnaround!

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 11:50:37 PM »
try taking out the 2 screw we see on the picture and find a way to take out the 1st glass element (turning it counterclockwise maybe).
if you can, maybe you can buy this part for cheap from a reseller or take it from a broken hvx.

This.
Also, is it possible to have a filter mounted when using a bayo fisheye ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.