Author Topic: Alex Olson???  (Read 18160 times)

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Alex Olson???
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »
Expand Quote
How can you guys constantly shit on Alex Olson and how his skating “declined” from kid to adult - but still worship Heath Kirchart???? Give the dude a break maybe he just didn’t give a fuck anymore either?
[close]

Well for starters.... Name one memorable part. And how dare you even compare the two in any way shape, form, or fashion. AO will never be has handsome or memorable as KH. Even graphic wise. lol

Kenny Hoyle?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2021, 03:12:18 PM »
Alex is sick

He's streets ahead of anyone in this vid.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2021, 03:32:51 PM »
Expand Quote
How can you guys constantly shit on Alex Olson and how his skating “declined” from kid to adult - but still worship Heath Kirchart???? Give the dude a break maybe he just didn’t give a fuck anymore either?
[close]

Well for starters.... Name one memorable part. And how dare you even compare the two in any way shape, form, or fashion. AO will never be has handsome or memorable as KH. Even graphic wise. lol
how dare you compare Alex Olson to Keith Hirchart
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

zoidberg

• Rep: -3
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2021, 03:50:39 PM »
I think that the majority of people do really like him but find it incredibly frustrating when its clear that he has a lot of leftover potential.

And if we're entertaining this weird comparison; Heath quit having peaked yet Alex seemed to give up rather than leave with his integrity.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2021, 04:12:19 PM »
i don’t get the heath comparison. i feel like AO is more comparable to Rickk. both have some prime years lost to business and outside interest

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 04:32:30 PM »
Always liked AO. Even more so since he posted the FA talent scout business card.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2021, 07:33:04 PM »
AO is legend status to me, one of my all time favorite styles and bag of tricks.
The Fully flared part was my favorite , really dont understand the hate.
Maybe 917 isn't the most cohesive but I appreciate their lack of manifest destiny and corporate cancerous growth
two times

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2021, 07:47:59 PM »
You guys remember when AO asserted his dominance to that overweight tourist in cherry. That shit was so HELLRIDE!
Lol'd. AO is great but that kookery was too much, he got -rep for that

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2021, 12:35:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Alex is sick

[close]

that last line was like his career: starts amazing, looks like he's stopped, keeps going but obviously lacks a cohesive plan, still nails it, decides to stop before he fucks up despite looking like he can do no wrong at that point

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2021, 12:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alex is sick

[close]

[close]

that last line was like his career: starts amazing, looks like he's stopped, keeps going but obviously lacks a cohesive plan, still nails it, decides to stop before he fucks up despite looking like he can do no wrong at that point

He even failed by running into a tree. So you are absolutely right.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2021, 01:46:25 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but I Alex was hanging out in Copenhagen after the contest for some weeks two years ago, and it surprised me how small he is. He could be a jockey!

Love Alex - he's like Stevie Williams, hsu, puleo, and tyshawn in that he just looks great on a skateboard. He doesn't have to do gnarly stuff to get me stoked!

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2021, 03:49:14 AM »
Even if you hate on AO, you have to agree he has the best style when he’s skating at his best.

Swoosh will be amazing 10 or 20 years from now, that ending line has to be my favorite of all time. His Pretty Sweet part was also pretty sweet.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2021, 03:55:55 AM »
Swoosh...something something...Bobby Worrest...something something...

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2021, 05:57:45 AM »
Gonna say it, if you don't like it send it on back.... but AO was the hottest member of Team Handsome.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2021, 07:41:31 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but I Alex was hanging out in Copenhagen after the contest for some weeks two years ago, andit surprised me how small he is. He could be a jockey!

Love Alex - he's like Stevie Williams, hsu, puleo, and tyshawn in that he just looks great on a skateboard. He doesn't have to do gnarly stuff to get me stoked!

Dude so true. I sat across from him on the subway a few years ago and I was totally tripping out. “Is that really AO? Is he really that tiny?” Complete manlet dimensions.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2021, 08:06:41 AM »
He is doing good, dropping his music, the team is very great and diverse ,917 videos are cool, the music is on point and some of the graphics too
Let this man chill and handle his business as he wants
But yeah I wish they drop more short edits of footage
And btw Cyrus part in 917 2 is sooo sick damn I can’t hate

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2021, 08:08:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Slightly off-topic, but I Alex was hanging out in Copenhagen after the contest for some weeks two years ago, andit surprised me how small he is. He could be a jockey!

[close]

Dude so true. I sat across from him on the subway a few years ago and I was totally tripping out. “Is that really AO? Is he really that tiny?” Complete manlet dimensions.

Have you not seen many pros in person? They are almost all short. The jockey and manlet reactions surprise me though. He doesn't seem to be the smallest guy in the photo. Pretty average height, for a pro skater...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2021, 08:13:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Have you not seen many pros in person? They are almost all short. The jockey and manlet reactions surprise me though. He doesn't seem to be the smallest guy in the photo. Pretty average height, for a pro skater...

I'm 6'1" and once helped Kerry Getz at the counter of a bagel store I worked at across the street from Nocturnal and was shocked at how short he was. Also shocked that he wasn't screaming and dismantling the counter.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2021, 08:21:05 AM »
Kerry Getz screamed his way through his career. I could definitely see him freaking out about a mistake on his bagel.

The small skater thing is pretty true. That kinda stuff is just easier when your shorter. I’m 6’4” which I used as an excuse to myself as to why I suck at skating. It also makes me respect big bois like BA for looking good on a board. Hajalte looks like a big boo too.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2021, 08:44:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've seen others and noted that the average height is pretty short, but AO caught me off guard. I think the whole 'team handsome' thing made me assume he was tall like Dylan. The power of marketing...

Anyway I'm sure AO can pull hotties like nobody's business, so my dismissive remarks are 100% coping mechanism, I'm not ashamed to admit it

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2021, 08:45:50 AM »
The height doesn’t trip me out as much as how skinny most pros are in person.

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2021, 09:29:12 AM »
I've seen others and noted that the average height is pretty short, but AO caught me off guard. I think the whole 'team handsome' thing made me assume he was tall like Dylan. The power of marketing...

Anyway I'm sure AO can pull hotties like nobody's business, so my dismissive remarks are 100% coping mechanism, I'm not ashamed to admit it
he's taller?

Panettone

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2021, 09:41:11 AM »
I thought Dylan was short ?

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2021, 10:18:53 AM »
Short = low center of gravity = good balance = good at skateboarding.

It's crazy how surprised people still get in 2020 that pro skateboarders are tiny.

Wait til you guys see how tall professional basketball players are... It's gonna blow your mind that they even fit on a TV screen!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2021, 10:24:59 AM »
Short = low center of gravity = good balance = good at skateboarding.

It's crazy how surprised people still get in 2020 that pro skateboarders are tiny.

Wait til you guys see how tall professional basketball players are... It's gonna blow your mind that they even fit on a TV screen!

Ok so if they are all small... Who is in the big boi crew ? BA of course. Who else ? Kitchart ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »

I know your just trying to get a rise out of people because your super bored....but damnit. It worked.

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2021, 10:32:01 AM »
I saw him at a party once, I'm pretty short at 5'8" and was shocked how small he was. He honestly didn't seem that much taller than me.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2021, 11:15:29 AM »
I'm a fan but I don't think he has never done a hammer in his life and seems like a whiny poosey. I'm still buying whatever he is selling though

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2021, 11:51:20 AM »
Arto, figgy, and and Garrett hill are all tall af.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2021, 11:54:40 AM »
Arto, figgy, and and Garrett hill are all tall af.
Add BA