Author Topic: 1/6/2021  (Read 21861 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: 1/6/2021
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote

the state arrests criminals every day. murder by cops is bad [like murder by anyone] but they actually kill more people of not color every yr.
[close]
This argument is disingenuous and lacks context.

The real veganshawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #271 on: January 09, 2021, 03:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A couple Seattle cops have been placed on leave for possible involvement in the DC sedition/terrorism. https://patch.com/washington/seattle/2-seattle-police-officers-leave-after-d-c-riots

This is pretty fucked. People are right to be worried that extremists have infiltrated or are in positions of authority.
[close]

White terrorists have been using the military for years to get training, this isn't anything new.
[close]

Has it been ramped up in recent years with the Internet? I remember seeing a cop post a picture of his blurred out badge once on /pol and a lot of people on those sites seem to be military or government people.

It's always been there, in recent times since the 80s hate groups have used the military for free training.
Cocteau Twins

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2021, 04:22:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A couple Seattle cops have been placed on leave for possible involvement in the DC sedition/terrorism. https://patch.com/washington/seattle/2-seattle-police-officers-leave-after-d-c-riots

This is pretty fucked. People are right to be worried that extremists have infiltrated or are in positions of authority.
[close]

White terrorists have been using the military for years to get training, this isn't anything new.
[close]

Has it been ramped up in recent years with the Internet? I remember seeing a cop post a picture of his blurred out badge once on /pol and a lot of people on those sites seem to be military or government people.
[close]

It's always been there, in recent times since the 80s hate groups have used the military for free training.

I understood that part but I'm wondering if it's happening even more these days because of widespread Internet use.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: January 09, 2021, 05:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I understood that part but I'm wondering if it's happening even more these days because of widespread Internet use.

of course it's been ramped up due to internet. While not the military, look at involvement of Portland PD and and proud boys- there are inextricable connections at this point- seriously, just search Portland pd and proud boys, parking garage, weapons.  Since 9 11 anyways, involvement of armed authority figures has been forking into multiple streams what with the amount of combat vets joining police forces and so forth. As for the internet, well, my friend the internet can connect everyone and these fuckers have used encrypted chats and the like to a great degree for recruitment purposes. Pretty sure discord was big for a while
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2021, 06:02:41 PM »
I'd say we are seeing it more because of the internet and access to more information but it is nothing new.
Cocteau Twins

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2021, 07:01:40 PM »
This was a race riot aboard a navy vessel that sparked other race riots on other ships in the Vietnam War era.

There was a lingering undercurrent of racism when I served, sadly, despite the increased diversity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Kitty_Hawk_riot

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2021, 07:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

of course it's been ramped up due to internet. While not the military, look at involvement of Portland PD and and proud boys- there are inextricable connections at this point- seriously, just search Portland pd and proud boys, parking garage, weapons.  Since 9 11 anyways, involvement of armed authority figures has been forking into multiple streams what with the amount of combat vets joining police forces and so forth. As for the internet, well, my friend the internet can connect everyone and these fuckers have used encrypted chats and the like to a great degree for recruitment purposes. Pretty sure discord was big for a while

Well, that's disturbing. The Internet was supposed to connect and enlighten humanity but things remain the same. I guess it's to be expected. Libraries have been around for millennia but that didn't lead to people becoming wiser in general. There will probably always be the same percentage of nincompoops and jerks, only now it's easier to convert and organize them into a dangerously stupid mob of racist traitors.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2021, 08:44:52 PM »
This was a race riot aboard a navy vessel that sparked other race riots on other ships in the Vietnam War era.

There was a lingering undercurrent of racism when I served, sadly, despite the increased diversity.

Don't forget the zoot suit riot was between navy sailors and mexican americans.

Sadly, the police attracts people with right-wing authoritarian view points. And, it filters out people who lean left. The people who want to be cops don't value beauty, freedom, expression, etc. as much as the regular population. Also, the support authority far more than the average person (before and after entering the police force).

I police officer I work with who is a pretty awesome guy told me, "Most cops are right wing for sure, but the best are lean a little to left."

I think the stigma associated with the right wing militia bullshit has faded as we get further and further from the OK City Bombing. We've forgotten the terrible consequences of this shit.

Also, I forget who said it, but they said something along the lines, "if FOX News was around in Nixon's day he wouldn't have needed to resign."

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »
the police having to shoot trump supporters when they start the civil war

+100 points to @Big Skatefase for this accurate prediction back in November.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2021, 04:24:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9oThRuMVs&bpctr=1610221415

Doesn't look good that capitol police were walking away just moments before the woman breached the door and was killed.
[close]

They were walking away because the swat dudes that immediately showed up after the shooting were there
[close]

Fair point. But it even seems like the swat guys aren't moving with any sense of urgency. And what on the hell were the officers doing before they showed up? Just sidelining throughout the mayhem? Just seems like a massive failure to fulfill their duties. A lot of heads are going to roll over this.
[close]

Oh for sure, i mean they had one job, and that's to keep people out of the capitol. Huge failure, so many jobs are going to be lost

First time seeing police incompetence huh
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

the hilarious owen wilson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2021, 06:24:18 AM »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2021, 06:36:17 AM »
I read that they possibly let them in as it was easier to control a huge mob by containing them and waiting for backup rather than getting overwhelmed trying to keep them from moving forward. Kind of makes sense but then you remember that most of those cops are probably hanging out on messageboards with those people on their time off
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2021, 06:39:13 AM »
I wonder what dinglenuts did to catch a ban.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2021, 08:00:20 AM »
I read that they possibly let them in as it was easier to control a huge mob by containing them and waiting for backup rather than getting overwhelmed trying to keep them from moving forward. Kind of makes sense but then you remember that most of those cops are probably hanging out on messageboards with those people on their time off

Also heard a possible explanation for the cop taking a selfie with the terrorist - he was doing so out of survival, to placate them so as not to incite them any further, so he wouldn't get overwhelmed and they could eventually be contained. But I mean, like you said, I'm sure they share a lot of the same sentiment.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2021, 08:31:10 AM »
It figures that many cops lean right but it seems pointless to read much into their behavior in this situation. Once they were in, cops were grossly outnumbered and their only recourse was to mollify a marching crowd of proud morons.

Obviously it should never have gotten to that point, and it is baffling how this could possibly have caught them by surprise. I mean, OP called it. Many did.

Reading the comments on the bitchute link is unnerving. People are convinced it has Dem false flag written all over it. 'BLM cadence' etc. How fringe is that reading?

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2021, 08:58:21 AM »
Cocteau Twins

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2021, 09:03:57 AM »
[url[https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2021/01/inaction-capitol-police-was-design/617590/][/url]

Also worth reading
Cocteau Twins

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2021, 09:06:50 AM »
Cocteau Twins

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2021, 09:09:56 AM »
It figures that many cops lean right but it seems pointless to read much into their behavior in this situation. Once they were in, cops were grossly outnumbered and their only recourse was to mollify a marching crowd of proud morons.

Obviously it should never have gotten to that point, and it is baffling how this could possibly have caught them by surprise. I mean, OP called it. Many did.

Reading the comments on the bitchute link is unnerving. People are convinced it has Dem false flag written all over it. 'BLM cadence' etc. How fringe is that reading?

all of this...people talking about "almost all" or "the vast majority" of the police are complicit seems pretty absurd...the police (and the military) are by all means lousy with wing-nut racists but there are are also plenty of police (and enlisted people) who have nothing to do with that foulness.

i swear, there are some serious photos for the ages though coming out of that mess at the Capitol--for sure, that one photo of those Capitol police with their Glocks pointed at the barricaded door and a bunch of rabid wanna-be fascists on the other side, and this one too:

in re the conversation regarding fascism, this essay by Timothy Snyder is definitely one of the most perspicacious things written since January 6 regarding now and the future, and the Republican party, and where we fit that spectacle at the capitol and Trump's part in it on the barometer of fascism:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/magazine/trump-coup.html

"Post-truth is pre-fascism, and Trump has been our post-truth president."

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2021, 10:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9oThRuMVs&bpctr=1610221415

Doesn't look good that capitol police were walking away just moments before the woman breached the door and was killed.
[close]

They were walking away because the swat dudes that immediately showed up after the shooting were there
[close]

Fair point. But it even seems like the swat guys aren't moving with any sense of urgency. And what on the hell were the officers doing before they showed up? Just sidelining throughout the mayhem? Just seems like a massive failure to fulfill their duties. A lot of heads are going to roll over this.
[close]

Oh for sure, i mean they had one job, and that's to keep people out of the capitol. Huge failure, so many jobs are going to be lost
[close]

First time seeing police incompetence huh

Oh no certainly not my first time, but elected officials have a tad bit more power than us unfortunately. Cops usually get away with killing us lowly peons but we're talking about our ascended betters here, in "the temple of democracy".

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2021, 11:30:54 AM »
This is obvious but I thought worth pointing out:

ThE PaRtY oF LiNcoLn:

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2021, 12:08:55 PM »
that confederate flag shit got to go

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2021, 02:04:29 PM »

Even up here in Canada people knew what was going to happen.  I was talking to some conspiracy nut on a job site, and he told me this was going to happen.  He was off on the numbers(he said a million trump supporters were going to show up), but the fact that he knew about this means it was circulating on forums, social media, and by word of mouth.  It's very suspicious that they weren't prepared. 

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2021, 02:10:37 PM »
[...]

in re the conversation regarding fascism, this essay by Timothy Snyder is definitely one of the most perspicacious things written since January 6 regarding now and the future, and the Republican party, and where we fit that spectacle at the capitol and Trump's part in it on the barometer of fascism:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/magazine/trump-coup.html

"Post-truth is pre-fascism, and Trump has been our post-truth president."

Yep highly recommand reading this

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2021, 08:45:15 PM »
Cunts gone
Maybe this is conspiracy theory I mean it’s just my speculation but cmon as if joint chiefs and other longdicks didn’t just sit his arse down and say nah cunt this is how shits gonna play out, your playlist sucks
listen to cosmic psychos

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2021, 12:55:38 AM »
I wish the fucking Republicans would think of the country rather than their own gain for minute. Especially, as the Trump train will turn on any of them. I mean even Pence has been nominated for execution by those in the Republican party.

It should have never come to this. He should have been booted from office years ago. Or, the Republican party should have distanced themselves from him and stopped helping him pretend his crimes were normal.

We're fucked.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2021, 04:05:37 AM »
its "that guy" from every single town in the USA

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #297 on: January 11, 2021, 06:35:46 AM »

The nature of the Vietnam War itself served to inflame new and preexisting racial tensions in the United States. It was the first war to take place during/after widespread desegregation (and other cultural/social upheaval), meaning some soldiers exited (and entered) with a racist mentality that was exacerbated by their time enlisted; it was a conflict heavily characterized by dehumanization of the enemy on racial lines ("the only good Viet Cong is a dead Viet Cong"); and it was the first war the United States lost, leaving veterans bitter and angry at their country for failing them.

Upon returning home, veterans were battered and susceptible to bad influences and leaders of the new wave White Power movement in the 1970s and 1980s (many of them also veterans) took advantage of this (and their military training) to further their cause.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2021, 11:50:57 AM »
Bye Parler. can't wait for all the white supremacists and neo nazis to crawl back to facebook....fuck facebook too!
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2021, 01:00:29 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/dc-uprising-armed-trump-25th-amendment-b1785617.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1610386368

"The FBI believes an armed group is planning a “huge uprising”  in Washington DC if Donald Trump is removed by the 25th amendment, according to a report.

Investigators have been told that if "Congress attempts to remove POTUS via the 25th Amendment a huge uprising will occur," says an FBI daily bulletin obtained by ABC News.

The FBI has also received information that pro-Trump extremists are also calling for the “storming” of state, federal and local government buildings and courthouses of the president is removed before Joe Biden’s inauguration.

"Armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from 16 January through at least 20 January, and at the US Capitol from 17 January through 20 January," the bulletin reportedly states.

The news came as the US House of Representatives introduced articles of impeachment against Donald Trump following a pro-Trump insurrection at the Capitol on 6 January."