Author Topic: 1/6/2021  (Read 21886 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: 1/6/2021
« Reply #450 on: March 22, 2023, 11:39:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know it's for the Stormy Daniels shit and not the January 6 shit, but is this fat phony motherfucker gonna get arrested today or what?
[close]

No - trump is the only one who said it would happen today.
[close]

Bingo. Has this dude ever been right about anything?

Dominion case looks fun though, it would appear the judge isn't buying Fox's bullshit. They're hilariously trying a "neutral reporting" defense because they really have very little else. Dumb fucks not only admitted it, but joked about it and then documented the evidence. I don't know if anything substantial will happen in real terms, but I at least hope that piece of shit Murdoch has to sign a massive check before he finally fucks off to the firey depths.
[close]

I haven't kept up with the day-by-day, but my reading of it was that Dominion is going to sue Newsmax and OAN out of business - they're getting everything. Fox News can kick and scream the longest, and they won't be forced to shut their doors or anything, but I'm sure they won't be happy about paying out hundreds of millions of dollars.
[close]

I sincerely hope it's Gawker vs Hogan all over again.

But Hogan was the piece of shit in that story and was financed by Peter Thiel and it led to the death of Deadspin

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2023, 12:21:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know it's for the Stormy Daniels shit and not the January 6 shit, but is this fat phony motherfucker gonna get arrested today or what?
[close]

[close]

Dominion case looks fun though, it would appear the judge isn't buying Fox's bullshit. They're hilariously trying a "neutral reporting" defense because they really have very little else. Dumb fucks not only admitted it, but joked about it and then documented the evidence. I don't know if anything substantial will happen in real terms, but I at least hope that piece of shit Murdoch has to sign a massive check before he finally fucks off to the firey depths.
[close]

I haven't kept up with the day-by-day, but my reading of it was that Dominion is going to sue Newsmax and OAN out of business - they're getting everything. Fox News can kick and scream the longest, and they won't be forced to shut their doors or anything, but I'm sure they won't be happy about paying out hundreds of millions of dollars.
[close]

[close]

But Hogan was the piece of shit in that story and was financed by Peter Thiel and it led to the death of Deadspin

Thiel was a piece of shit and supported Hogan for the wrong reasons, but Gawker fucked up pretty bad running the sex tape.

Hopefully, FOX and these insane "news" sites, are fucked out of existence.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #452 on: March 22, 2023, 01:38:46 PM »
Keep drinking that msnbc kook-aid guys.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #453 on: March 22, 2023, 03:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Except this time Peter Thiel loses.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #454 on: March 23, 2023, 10:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Im referring to the outcome rather than who was involved, but Gawker definitely got what they deserved there. They tried to make it into some kind of free speech case, as if hidden camera footage captured specifically with the intent to blackmail someone was somehow protected speech. They were arrogant and, in contemporary vernacular, fucked around and found out.

Hogan said some deplorable shit but that's pretty much par for the course with his generation and profession. It doesn't excuse it but he's one of those dudes where I see it as more ignorance and living in a bubble his entire life moreso than malice. At any rate, I'm not going to shed any tears for the loss of a tabloid that once said (in a deposition no less) that the only way they wouldn't publish a celebrity sex tape is if the person was under 4 years old. Fuck those guys.