Author Topic: Jenkem Skateboard drought of 2020 article  (Read 6160 times)

sleepyguy824

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Jenkem Skateboard drought of 2020 article
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2021, 08:40:43 AM »
I found the article to be insightful as well as the comment section to hear about some newer brands or smaller shops get restocked. I've seen it first hand even at the local Zumiez. Lots of the time I would go there and they just had the same decks, barely any trucks or wheels for most of 2020. A small shop a bit further away from me I saw similar. Not that much newer inventory and a shortage various hardgoods until maybe late in the year.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2021, 08:59:21 AM »
I found the article to be insightful as well as the comment section to hear about some newer brands or smaller shops get restocked. I've seen it first hand even at the local Zumiez. Lots of the time I would go there and they just had the same decks, barely any trucks or wheels for most of 2020. A small shop a bit further away from me I saw similar. Not that much newer inventory and a shortage various hardgoods until maybe late in the year.

I went to Zumiez to get my yearly Christmas returns gift card and they had prebuilt completes out the yin yang. More completes than decks. From random brands like impala roller skate

The only trucks they had were theses indy clones
https://www.zumiez.com/compound-polished-silver-5-75-skateboard-truck.html

sleepyguy824

• Rep: -1
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I went to Zumiez to get my yearly Christmas returns gift card and they had prebuilt completes out the yin yang. More completes than decks. From random brands like impala roller skate

Dang man. That sucks. I guess each Zumiez is different with what they carry. I saw a bunch of Girl completes and a bunch of the Superior budget decks. Trucks wise they were full of Thunder and Indys. I'm guessing I got there right as they processed shipment or something. Hoping you can get something from there soon. Impala Roller Skate? Not sure on that one.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 11:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dang man. That sucks. I guess each Zumiez is different with what they carry. I saw a bunch of Girl completes and a bunch of the Superior budget decks. Trucks wise they were full of Thunder and Indys. I'm guessing I got there right as they processed shipment or something. Hoping you can get something from there soon. Impala Roller Skate? Not sure on that one.

i work at a zumiez we currently have an overflow of Compound trucks that we're scratching our heads how we're gonna push these out. the completes thing is true, we have way too many completes vs regular decks. they're mainly dwindle and globe boards but still. we probably have about 70 decks on the wall but we have over 100 completes.

adding onto the truck banter, at one point we got a huge Independent order a couple months ago. Polished, Hollows and Mids. it was enough to fill an entire case. i asked a friend of mine who works at a local if they got any too, and he said theyve been waiting months and haven't heard back from their supplier. which is kinda sus to me.

regardless, when it was really bad for everyone, we would send people to the local shops when we didnt have what they needed and vice versa

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 04:54:35 PM »

regardless, when it was really bad for everyone, we would send people to the local shops when we didnt have what they needed and vice versa

And that is the definition of good customer service, no matter where you work or what you have, if someone is looking for something that you cannot give them, it is nice to recommend somewhere that does have it, rather than trying to push a substitute brand on them, especially if it is crap.

I had heard if your account was not up to date, you wouldn't even get a look in with things like Indy trucks, as well as only being able to buy whole boxes of them, not pick and choose how many and of which sizes, styles, etc but who knows how true that is - everything is speculation until you hear the full story.

It does make sense though, when I think about it, so I am not having issue with suppliers or how they do business.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.