Author Topic: Paul Alexander  (Read 2000 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
Paul Alexander
« on: January 07, 2021, 03:25:38 PM »
Do not know much about this guy but the documentary, a few random pics and vids. Dude was awesome on a board. Was wondering who he skated for in his time? Boards, trucks, shoes etc. Thanks

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
Re: Paul Alexander
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 05:04:14 AM »
not sure on boards etc but im pretty sure he was on osiris at one point? sure theres footage of him on an osiris tour at lloyds.

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 07:23:41 AM »
He wasn’t as heavily hooked up as his talent deserved- Minute boards, Osiris and 50:50 skate shop as far as I’m aware.

Really good guy - friendly as - and obviously amazing on a board. Years ago I ollied a reasonable street gap  and was stoked for all of 5 mins until he casually frontside flipped it. He, of course, didn’t give a shit - to him it was just a trick, a smoke and onto the next spot with another bit of folklore made

His brother, Steve, is a really good skater - flip nose blunts etc and also a great guy - but Paul was on another level to most people

Glurmpz

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 12:09:07 PM »
Alexander, Carter and Shier - the UK sure had some talented Pauls. Carter's story is similar to Amexander's. Glad we still see snippets of Shier every once in a while.

Silent Bob.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 01:40:28 PM »
Funnily enough Karta and Paul Alexander skated together all the time and were great mates. Grew up with Karta - nothing but love for that guy. He did me a great favour; I knew not to take skating too seriously from the first moment I saw him skate, as I knew there was another level which I’d never reach.

Glurmpz

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 02:59:26 PM »
Funnily enough Karta and Paul Alexander skated together all the time and were great mates. Grew up with Karta - nothing but love for that guy. He did me a great favour; I knew not to take skating too seriously from the first moment I saw him skate, as I knew there was another level which I’d never reach.

I knew that somehow - probably Karta speaking about Paul Alexander when he lived in Vancouver. I think Paul.A may have even visited too, as he looks really familiar. Not sure though.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 03:41:27 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, guys skating is sick

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 157
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 11:29:15 AM »
Always wondered too - I rode for Minute for a short while, had a few Sidewalk ads but then quit, so never got to meet the guy. Such a sad story, seemed to be a great skateboarder.

Silent Bob.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 12:17:15 PM »
It is a sad story, and was really sudden. Flick of a switch, and could happen to anyone - particularly with the amount everyone smoked. A few of us were probably really lucky.

He was a great guy, fun cool nice and humble. And yes his skating stood out a mile - power and Steeze. People would stop and just watch him skate flat - it was art.