Author Topic: What to do with Old Product?  (Read 1277 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
What to do with Old Product?
« on: December 05, 2020, 06:28:27 PM »
I came across a bunch of old T-shirts this evening. I feel they have some value to skate history and I don't want to throw them away, but I'm sick of carting them around from place to place.

Any suggestion on what to do with these things? Is there a skate museum that would want these artifacts? I mean we have board museums, Made for Skate has a collection of shoes, Cardinal Skate Shop has its magazine collection... is there a place where someone is collecting other aspects of skate culture?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Brguy

Re: What to do with Old Product?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 09:20:51 PM »
Just give them to someone already, they're not that valuable.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 02:05:19 AM »
I have seen quite a few options for cutting out the printed area / logo or whatever and sewing it onto something else, be it a jacket, vest or even another shirt.

There are also places that frame old shirts, either as a whole or just the printed area.

If they are not completely full of holes or threadbare, you could list it somewhere and see if there is any interest from anyone who might want to buy them, or give them away and the buyer pays postage.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 06:15:36 AM »
If they are not completely full of holes or threadbare, you could list it somewhere and see if there is any interest from anyone who might want to buy them, or give them away and the buyer pays postage.

What he said, some people might be really hyped on what you have and willing to throw you some $ for shirts. I'm actually really into buying old skate tshirts so if you post em somewhere, I'm interested!

If that feels lame though and you want to donate them, maybe your local would be interested in taking a few and doing something to display them?
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 06:28:35 AM »
Make a quilt
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
Yea good ideas.

This is what I'm sitting on:

FA before it was a board company

Old non-boob related hook-ups shirt

kind of boring duffs shirt (first thing I ever got flowed to me)

Stereo "Way Out East" shirt

PopWar "King of Nothing"

Listen

And, I got this one on during a visit to AZ

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 09:01:42 PM »
I seem to recall a few shops have a vintage section now, but this one was the only one I could find.

biaherl

• Rep: 263
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 09:04:51 AM »
I drop my box off at the skate park. You could make money on the vintage stuff but I hate selling stuff I'd rather be done with it

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 05:41:41 PM »
I drop my box off at the skate park. You could make money on the vintage stuff but I hate selling stuff I'd rather be done with it

Totally!

When it comes to either making a couple of dollars or making someone happy, I think I would take the latter any day, but also dealing with people trying to haggle over a couple of dollars for old product is a pain in the ass too.

If I can find someone who is stoked to have something, whatever it is, then that is a much better home for it than a box in my shed or forgotten in my car or something.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 05:42:36 PM »

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2020, 09:52:58 AM »

That’s beautiful. Every park/shop should have a bargain bin.

Gross as it is, but the dudes back in the day would trade shoes, grail if the homie was opposite stance.

Skaters are either the best at using something to its limit, or more wasteful than fast fashion stores. Who knows, but between the sale and latest purchase thread, new kids could be properly hooked up from scraps here.