Author Topic: WTB Vans Rowley SPV size 9.5  (Read 405 times)

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
WTB Vans Rowley SPV size 9.5
« on: January 08, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
This is a crazy long shot, but hoping someone on here has beens sitting on a pair of these for the last 8 years. I'll take any color I can get as long as it's a us9.5 and still skateable

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: WTB Vans Rowley SPV size 9.5
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 08:03:48 PM »
This is a crazy long shot, but hoping someone on here has beens sitting on a pair of these for the last 8 years. I'll take any color I can get as long as it's a us9.5 and still skateable

I am curious as to why this particular shoe?

When they were around, they were almost the number one sale shoe, meaning that they all ended up on the clearance racks as they were very thin, didn't last as long as other Vans at the time and often were weird colours.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/rowleyspv/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 08:24:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am curious as to why this particular shoe?

When they were around, they were almost the number one sale shoe, meaning that they all ended up on the clearance racks as they were very thin, didn't last as long as other Vans at the time and often were weird colours.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/rowleyspv/

Mostly for nostalgia, I worked at a vans retail store when they first came out so with them always being on sale plus my employee discount I got them for dirt cheap leading me to skating countless pairs and I loved them. I've never grown out of the ultra thin vulcs and figured I'd try to hunt down a pair

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 01:25:13 AM »

Mostly for nostalgia, I worked at a vans retail store when they first came out so with them always being on sale plus my employee discount I got them for dirt cheap leading me to skating countless pairs and I loved them. I've never grown out of the ultra thin vulcs and figured I'd try to hunt down a pair

Got it, and good luck!

The Rowley shoes including the latest classic reissue seems to have a thinner sole than the normal pro or classics, so that might be a winner for you, different shoe and all, but at least they are thin.

I still use the same insoles from that era of Vans in most of my shoes now, the thicker ones from the TNT series and the thinner ones from the Era pro or Chukka Low pro, but I think the most recent version which is also still out of stock everywhere is the Rowley Solo shoe.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Trashcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 05:53:41 PM »

Good luck. Loved this shoe. Had a few pairs. Just recently, well around summer 2020, I donated the last pair I had to a local Salvation Army. They were the bone color with vans skateboard logo all over. Wasn't a fan of the patter so dyed them dark. Got them at an outlet for like $15. I loved that they broke in fairly quick and gave me plenty of board feel.