Author Topic: Ben Degros is into the alt-right and conspiracy theories  (Read 8979 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Re: Ben Degros is into the alt-right and conspiracy theories
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2022, 06:10:15 AM »
Yous ever hear about the Blue mountains panther or are you a bunch of sheep who let the msm spoon feed you all your info?

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2022, 06:47:57 AM »
Who is Ben DeGros? Am I missing something by not having any clue who this man is?

As for conspiracies, the least annoying is a belief in Bigfoot. Dumb, but not next level dumb or the start of a very slippery slope of completely illogical paranoid thinking that will bring about a belief in Trump/JFK 2024.

Idk man, I had an old coworker who was very passionately insistent on bigfoots existence. Used to tell us Bigfoot isn’t an actual “entity” but rather an experience. When people see Bigfoot, they aren’t ACTUALLY seeing Bigfoot, rather having a spiritual experience prompted by Bigfoot’s “aura” in which they are essentially tripping and seeing Bigfoot

Dude was fried, would hit a DMT pen on his breaks, and left the job while subsequently separating from his partner and kid to go pursue a sustainable income via crypto

I think the Bigfoot community is a little kookier than we think

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1195
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2022, 07:04:47 AM »
to go pursue a sustainable income via crypto

Yeah more like cryptozoology.  Lol  ;D  ;D
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2022, 08:49:09 AM »
conspiracy theories rock

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2022, 09:44:38 AM »
I get all of my truck conspiracy info from Ben

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2022, 01:58:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Who is Ben DeGros? Am I missing something by not having any clue who this man is?

As for conspiracies, the least annoying is a belief in Bigfoot. Dumb, but not next level dumb or the start of a very slippery slope of completely illogical paranoid thinking that will bring about a belief in Trump/JFK 2024.
[close]

Idk man, I had an old coworker who was very passionately insistent on bigfoots existence. Used to tell us Bigfoot isn’t an actual “entity” but rather an experience. When people see Bigfoot, they aren’t ACTUALLY seeing Bigfoot, rather having a spiritual experience prompted by Bigfoot’s “aura” in which they are essentially tripping and seeing Bigfoot

Dude was fried, would hit a DMT pen on his breaks, and left the job while subsequently separating from his partner and kid to go pursue a sustainable income via crypto

I think the Bigfoot community is a little kookier than we think

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2022, 02:50:41 PM »
Expand Quote
He comes across as a highly intelligent critical thinker. Hes applying his thought patterns to current world events. No shame in that.
Right wing? Conspiracy theories? C'mon that's just a slur coming from someone who believes everything the MSM promotes.
[close]

Ahh yes. Such a critical thinker that he felt compelled to share a video filled with so many misleading and outright untrue "alternate facts" that it got banned from fucking Facebook. But clearly it's just brainwashed liberals pushing their agenda, if only they were as open minded as you then surely they'd see how wrong they are!

Facebook banned the Hunter Biden laptop story, such that it weren’t even permitted to share the link in private chats. All of that story turned out to be completely true, as confirmed this week by the New York Times.

Facebook isn’t exactly a neutral arbiter. I’ll need more than that before I abandon uncle Ben.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

in flux

• Rep: 0
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2022, 04:26:27 PM »
Never got to see the post as it's down now. But Vancouver's skateboard scene is full of ageing weirdo's who love conspiracies i.e. Moses & Sluggo.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2022, 06:04:33 PM »
frankly i’ll be upset if sluggo isn’t an insane conservative

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2022, 08:51:21 PM »
I've worked in state government administration under four different governors and separately in state and local politics for so long that that part of my resume can legally buy cigarettes, and nothing tickles me quite like right wing pseudo-libertarians who come in hard about hating the left and the right and then continue right on into the typical copy and paste right wing nonsense you can find on any "maga" hashtag. It ain't new, and it ain't clever, but it's still funny every time. I love you guys, but please... Facebook isn't research, and data isn't pinkolibcuckpogtankie propaganda. Please just be more curious. Go with primary sources.

For the past few years, I've been working in the infectious disease field (specifically with STDs, Hep, HIV/AIDS, and now, working on data and new self-care information dissemination to the public, state legislature, and every health unit in the state to people that have autoimmune diseases (based on anything).

For one year, the first thing I did at the literal crack of dawn to process daily state and country-wide death tolls as well as hospitalizations due to infection (broken down to walk ins-n-outs. critical care, and deaths under medical observation). When the outbreak first happened, we were in the middle of Mardi Gras, so it took absolutely no time until we started seeing our hospitals flood over with Covid patients. We designed our body count app for the public in an unheard of amount of time (it pulls data from the CDC and the Louisiana Office and Dept. of Health (OPH and LDH respectively). Super spreader event number one.

When the initial outbreak came, we were tasked to work remotely (fine for me, as it doesn't matter where I am to do my work), but a lot of my fellow friends/staff members volunteered to assist all of the medical facilities (a huge portion of the people I work with were medical doctors before being admins). We lost a number of them as well (this was obviously pre-vaccine).

Anyway, I know there's a fringe part of the left that has an antivax stance, and while they're kooks to be sure, the base of the current parties on the right are literally running for office as antivax candidates.

The fact is, Republicans have a strong record of being against science and data. There are still strong pushes to allow creationism to be taught in science classes, pushes to create flat taxes that are just insane in their logic, wanting to ban a collegiate level theory that isn't taught in primary education, and just.. a plethora of other things that are so patently absurd that it's hard to wrap my head around the amount of people that believe this garbage.

I don't blame Ben. If anything, he's a good example of a potentially smart guy that was convinced by a very convincing guy. Kennedy and his ilk are the real ones to blame.. and I'd also add that he himself is definitely on the left side of the spectrum politically, and has actually done some really great work in litigating for people (he used to do big cases & talk about them with another attorney named Mike Papantonio on an old show called Ring of Fire). Kennedy's biggest problem (aside from relating vaccines to autism) relates to an aluminum derivative that hasn't been used in vaccines in forever, and I don't even know if that aluminum even caused problems.

As for the "it's my body and my choice and fuck you I'll catch it cause I have an immune system and I'll be fine" people, on this onet, please fuck the fuck off. This is a virus that's very easily shared, and not everybody has the fabooo immune system you think you may have. Masks are an act of consideration to others (the masks are meant to prevent particulates from leaving your mouth and into the air as opposed to blocking incoming traffic, though they help with that too).

Hell, to anyone that just wants to yank their dicks out at Covid and not give a shit, I invite you to have unprotected sex with an HIV+ partner with no protection, and make sure that partner has not taken any viral load suppression medication (to ensure that you get it).

Funny thing, we can give you a much higher guarantee of a long and healthy life if you acquire HIV. Not only that, we can give you post exposure medications that can bring your viral load down so low, you'll not only be undetectable, you'll also be 100% unable to pass the virus to a partner.

Not so with Corona (post exposure). We still don't know how long it takes for "long covid" patients to manifest their first symptoms, and as many people are asymptomatic carriers, it's hard to gauge as to whether or not they experience any issues in the far future.

The hippie dippy bullshit about "finding my own truth" is great in discussions revolving around personal philosophy, but that shit is irrelevant as it pertains to communicable diseases.

Only a tiny minority of Americans (29.1 people out of 100) even have their boosters. There's a proactive attempt by the right wing to do things that are driving all of us on the medical end insane. Had people just not acted like fuckwits and taken the advice of people that live in the medical sphere, this would have been a manageable situation and our death toll could have been incredibly lower. If it were only affecting the gung-ho willfully ignorant crowd, I'd be sad, but that would be your choice. I take issue with the fact that an irresponsible choice could lead to the death of a person that has a weaker immune system. It's a pointlessly selfish way to act, and the end effect can be fatal to someone minding their own fucking business.

This is going to keep mutating and killing people as long as mask and vaccine mandates are called back too soon (or never implemented) or militantly scoffed at by the fiercely stupid.

Favorite non-harmful conspiracy is Wendigo and skinwalker stuff. It's nonsense, but some of the audio stories I've heard make for some entertaining and spooky things to listen to while going to sleep.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2022, 09:29:49 PM »
^/thread
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2022, 09:38:08 PM »
What do you expect? The dude is an Indy fanboy.

(I will now explain that this was completely tongue-in-cheek and I don’t equate NHS with white supremacy, nor do I think Ben is far-right. It is a SLAP-specific inside joke.

Resume your normal posting)
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2022, 02:36:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He comes across as a highly intelligent critical thinker. Hes applying his thought patterns to current world events. No shame in that.
Right wing? Conspiracy theories? C'mon that's just a slur coming from someone who believes everything the MSM promotes.
[close]

Ahh yes. Such a critical thinker that he felt compelled to share a video filled with so many misleading and outright untrue "alternate facts" that it got banned from fucking Facebook. But clearly it's just brainwashed liberals pushing their agenda, if only they were as open minded as you then surely they'd see how wrong they are!
[close]

Facebook banned the Hunter Biden laptop story, such that it weren’t even permitted to share the link in private chats. All of that story turned out to be completely true, as confirmed this week by the New York Times.

Facebook isn’t exactly a neutral arbiter. I’ll need more than that before I abandon uncle Ben.

They banned it for being factually incorrect and full of wild horseshit like microchips and it all being a 5g conspiracy, it had nothing to do with politics. How about you actually watch the video before talking about it?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2022, 09:06:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They banned it for being factually incorrect and full of wild horseshit like microchips and it all being a 5g conspiracy, it had nothing to do with politics. How about you actually watch the video before talking about it?

I'm not 90 years old so I'm not on Facebook
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2022, 05:32:18 PM »
This dude I know posted this on his IG story:

"They gave you all $1400 and now that food, gas, and everything else is more expensive, they tell you it's because of Russia... Keep letting them spoonfeed you the bullshit!"

Not exactly a conspiracy, but fried nonetheless
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2022, 01:59:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Honestly, I think just banishing anyone who gets into these theories does not seem to be the right way to me.

One of my skate friends became an anti vaxxer and started talking conspiracy theories. He left our group chat (set up to talk skating and organize sessions) after people accused him of being a nazi (a really dumb accusation since he‘s black and not racist at all). Last I heard he‘s been getting even more paranoid and mostly hangs out with other conspiracy guys now.

There must be a way to tell them you do not agree and cannot accept these theories without turning them into complete outcasts. Some of them for shure will be able to come back from that thinking. My friend smokes a lot of weed and has been pretty isolated as a computer programmer since Covid happened. I think that has been a factor. I hope after the Covid madness is finally over and he‘s hopefully cut done his weed use a bit it will be possible to hang out again without hearing his tirades against the mainstream media and vaccinations being murder.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2022, 03:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly, I think just banishing anyone who gets into these theories does not seem to be the right way to me.

One of my skate friends became an anti vaxxer and started talking conspiracy theories. He left our group chat (set up to talk skating and organize sessions) after people accused him of being a nazi (a really dumb accusation since he‘s black and not racist at all). Last I heard he‘s been getting even more paranoid and mostly hangs out with other conspiracy guys now.

There must be a way to tell them you do not agree and cannot accept these theories without turning them into complete outcasts. Some of them for shure will be able to come back from that thinking. My friend smokes a lot of weed and has been pretty isolated as a computer programmer since Covid happened. I think that has been a factor. I hope after the Covid madness is finally over and he‘s hopefully cut done his weed use a bit it will be possible to hang out again without hearing his tirades against the mainstream media and vaccinations being murder.

I don't have the time or energy to explain to everyone that slept through science and behavioral health class why this shit is wrong and they're being manipulated. And even if I did they typically won't listen anyways.

The entire problem with conspiracy theories and that way of thinking is that it's emotionally driven, so logic and fact don't matter. You can show these people as much solid, superbly sourced and reviewed factual data as you want, but it's typically futile because ultimately what they're chasing is a feeling and not the truth. If you want your friend back the best way to do it without losing him is probably to try to figure out a way that he thinks he figured it out himself - because that's ultimately what he's seeking. Honestly though it might be better to cut and run and hope he comes around and hits you up some day because it really is a slippery slope once they get in that echo chamber.

I think big picture the best solution is more behavioral health education for middle/high schoolers. Let them learn how easily fooled and manipulated the brain is and how it's commonly done. Learn about con men and how they work, on both a personal and macro level. Basically, learn critical thinking and how to filter bullshit.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »
Ben still posting truck review videos or ?

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2022, 07:40:57 AM »
You've been lied to your whole life, and you love it