Author Topic: Feeble grinds  (Read 1439 times)

Hombreezy

Feeble grinds
« on: January 10, 2021, 03:50:46 PM »
In the last two years I’ve really stepped up my ledge/ rail game. Never learned feebles even though I’ve been told they’re pretty easy. What do you guys think about/ focus on when trying a bs feeble? It seems like I can only land in bs boardslide when I try.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Re: Feeble grinds
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 07:06:05 PM »
In the last two years I’ve really stepped up my ledge/ rail game. Never learned feebles even though I’ve been told they’re pretty easy. What do you guys think about/ focus on when trying a bs feeble? It seems like I can only land in bs boardslide when I try.

I'll give it breaking it down a shot, but this is by no means definitive and someone might have a much simpler way of thinking of it than me.  Here goes:

1) Approach the rail at approximately the angle you feel like your board should be once it's actually in the feeble grind; 2) ollie about the same amount as you would for a 50-50 without turning any more, and don't straighten out or close your shoulders; 3) once you feel yourself over the rail quickly point your front toe down as you; 4) put almost all of your weight on your back foot and focus on putting your weight on your tail using the instep of your back foot, or possibly more toward your heel if that works better for you.  3) and 4) are the pose, with your back leg bent a fair amount at the knee and front leg straight, toe pointed with only as much weight on your front foot as it takes to hold the nose down.  5) HOLD THE POSE, as in freeze your body in that pose which, if your back wheel has locked in, should allow you to grind on the rail until 6) you come off by lifting what little weight there is on your front foot and straightening your board.  Speed is a big help, plus it feels great to go real fast and get a nice clean one. 

No matter how you figure it out, it really comes down to landing on the rail in something as close to that pose as you can, because it's a lock-in and go sort of trick, not unlike a crooked grind.  Once you feel it start to happen after a few tries of sliding them, it will start to make sense and they become a really fun and easy trick.  Just stick with it until you figure it out, because there's nothing too complicated about them. It should also help with a smith grind since the weight distribution is the same, being that it's basically the same pose once you're locked in.  Good luck out there!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 07:58:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll give it breaking it down a shot, but this is by no means definitive and someone might have a much simpler way of thinking of it than me.  Here goes:

1) Approach the rail at approximately the angle you feel like your board should be once it's actually in the feeble grind; 2) ollie about the same amount as you would for a 50-50 without turning any more, and don't straighten out or close your shoulders; 3) once you feel yourself over the rail quickly point your front toe down as you; 4) put almost all of your weight on your back foot and focus on putting your weight on your tail using the instep of your back foot, or possibly more toward your heel if that works better for you.  3) and 4) are the pose, with your back leg bent a fair amount at the knee and front leg straight, toe pointed with only as much weight on your front foot as it takes to hold the nose down.  5) HOLD THE POSE, as in freeze your body in that pose which, if your back wheel has locked in, should allow you to grind on the rail until 6) you come off by lifting what little weight there is on your front foot and straightening your board.  Speed is a big help, plus it feels great to go real fast and get a nice clean one. 

No matter how you figure it out, it really comes down to landing on the rail in something as close to that pose as you can, because it's a lock-in and go sort of trick, not unlike a crooked grind.  Once you feel it start to happen after a few tries of sliding them, it will start to make sense and they become a really fun and easy trick.  Just stick with it until you figure it out, because there's nothing too complicated about them. It should also help with a smith grind since the weight distribution is the same, being that it's basically the same pose once you're locked in.  Good luck out there!

Really nice way of describing the trick.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

the hilarious owen wilson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 08:11:35 PM »
i go for a back 50 and miss, bulk of weight on rear foot.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 08:32:37 PM »
They’re easier frontside cause you can sit on your
wheel with your big toe

I can’t even do them backside
listen to cosmic psychos

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 10:24:12 PM »
They’re easier frontside cause you can sit on your
wheel with your big toe

I can’t even do them backside

What's the secret to frontside one? I always end up in front board or locking and sticking.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 10:36:46 PM »
Come at the ledge with enough speed to front board it to forwards but come at it like you were gonna fifty it but just focus everything on catching on that wheel, the rest of board hitting on boardslide will hold your shit easy but you need to push through from that wheel you’re sitting on. You can feel the lock sorta catch, your shit tweaks out over the ledge and you’re moving, all of that wheel lock

Edit

Your centre of balance should be like back before the ledge just chilling on back foot it’s kind of all speed and lock and sitting back, doing them on quarters would give you the idea of centre of balance
I suck at explaining things, sorry
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 10:57:47 PM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos