Author Topic: Pierre Andre/Crazy Etnies Ad  (Read 11356 times)

bob george

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
Pierre Andre/Crazy Etnies Ad
« on: January 10, 2021, 05:07:25 PM »
there's an etnies celebrating 35 years ad on the top of thrasher for me right now with this pierre andre dude in the craziest of positions. i found the full photo, but what the fuck is he doing - is it a really savage one foot back 3? weird photo to pick for an ad in 2021. hell of a position...

edit: i always thought etnies was based around natas, why not use a photo of him?

that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
Re: Pierre Andre/Crazy Etnies Ad
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 05:12:22 PM »
front foot impossible?

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »
front foot impossible?

I hate this guy because he denied koston es ownership and Reynolds emerica ownership, can’t get behind anything he or his companies do. Then again koston in Nike is tight but I think Reynolds missed an Adidas contract by stating loyal to emerica.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 05:24:21 PM »
Definitely not a front foot impossible.

Maybe a stationary regular impossible of some kind. I dunno, freestyle was fucking weird.

livin on a speyer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 05:30:41 PM »
Etnies was founded by Pierre Andre in 1986.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 05:31:00 PM »
holding out for really savage back 3 confirmation...

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 05:34:28 PM »
ollie flamingo

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 05:42:21 PM »
double pits to chesty

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »
Expand Quote
front foot impossible?
[close]

I hate this guy because he denied koston es ownership and Reynolds emerica ownership, can’t get behind anything he or his companies do. Then again koston in Nike is tight but I think Reynolds missed an Adidas contract by stating loyal to emerica.
Tell us more

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 06:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
front foot impossible?
[close]

Reynolds wanted vans and he got vans, you’re out of Touch If you think any company in skating would not be grovelling to sign Reynolds, not to mention he has mentioned many times the half cab is his favourite shoe and made a few vans esq shoes at Emerica.

Do you have any reasoning behind your adidas theory?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 07:48:46 PM »
it’s freestyle so it very well might be just a ollie with a ballet kick of some sort

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 07:59:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
front foot impossible?
[close]

[close]

Reynolds wanted vans and he got vans, you’re out of Touch If you think any company in skating would not be grovelling to sign Reynolds, not to mention he has mentioned many times the half cab is his favourite shoe and made a few vans esq shoes at Emerica.

Heard from Euro tm Adidas wanted him after stay gold but he said no. And being corporate as adidas, if you say no once is no forever no matter how legendary you are.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 08:07:55 PM »

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 09:26:41 PM »
He doing the fukku
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 09:38:07 PM »
That was his "signature trick".
It was an ollie with the back foot kicked back.
His board graphic actually was a stick figure doing the trick!

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 09:42:20 PM »
it’s freestyle so it very well might be just a ollie with a ballet kick of some sort

yeah, i think you nailed it.

i didn't google hard/at all except for finding the full image - so i didn't even know what his stance was. i just watched 5 minutes of him skating to see if he was gonna do the trick. my capacity for watching freestyle has just been expended, but i did at least glean that he skates regular. so i guess it's a twisted ollie flicking the back foot off and going for a shoe whacker...

i was really hoping he was goofy and was doing the shit out of a back 3 haha. did freestyle guys ever do 360 ollies?

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 09:43:44 PM »
That was his "signature trick".
It was an ollie with the back foot kicked back.
His board graphic actually was a stick figure doing the trick!

yeah right! i always assumed that graphic was just a dude pushing. makes sense now...

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 10:15:15 PM »
Probably not & I'm not even lying
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 10:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
front foot impossible?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Heard from Euro tm Adidas wanted him after stay gold but he said no. And being corporate as adidas, if you say no once is no forever no matter how legendary you are.

Maybe they exchange happened but that’s 100% not how big corporations work. If they think that you can make them money, they will keep the door open for you as long as they feel you’ll make them money.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 10:29:18 PM »
Pretty sick that etnies is running an ad of the owner wear vision streetwear shoes and sweat pants. It's like hey were etnies, we're still here. Nobody wears our shoes. Not our riders, not even our owner, but hey were here.

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 10:54:25 PM »
Pretty sick that etnies is running an ad of the owner wear vision streetwear shoes and sweat pants. It's like hey were etnies, we're still here. Nobody wears our shoes. Not our riders, not even our owner, but hey were here.
Honestly, you have a point there. If you believe in your brand, wouldn't you support it too? It's like owning a board company but not skating it yourself (probably riding an anti hero deck instead). But wonder what's with the vision gear and not the ones he owns.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 11:15:18 PM »
It's just for new riders
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 11:31:31 PM »

that pic is 35 years old, that's the point. Etnies did not do clothes at the time....
I remember trying those one-footed ollies of his on my street deck. Pierre-Andre was the first French pro I ever heard of. Dude came to California to sleep in a van, place just behind Rodney in freestyle contests and build a footwear brand that's still around decades later. He got my respect for sure.
Edit: just remembered why I liked him....I did this contest at Trocadero (Paris) when I was 12 and me and Pierre-Andre collided on the flat rail. And he apologized! I always thought a well-known pro apologizing to a kid was rad.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 11:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that pic is 35 years old, that's the point. Etnies did not do clothes at the time....
I remember trying those one-footed ollies of his on my street deck. Pierre-Andre was the first French pro I ever heard of. Dude came to California to sleep in a van, place just behind Rodney in freestyle contests and build a footwear brand that's still around decades later. He got my respect for sure.
Edit: just remembered why I liked him....I did this contest at Trocadero (Paris) when I was 12 and me and Pierre-Andre collided on the flat rail. And he apologized! I always thought a well-known pro apologizing to a kid was rad.

@OldieButFrenchie  I was only kidding, but at the same time is there no iconic photos of Pierre Andre doing his signature one footed ollies in Etnies that would be more appropriate as an ad for the company? Either way, that's nice that he apologized to you. I find manners to be important.

I always thought it was sick that in one of those On Videos theres a segment on this emerica tour and Marc Johnson is in it skating in nike cortez lol

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 11:45:44 PM »
He's definitely styling on you

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 11:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
front foot impossible?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe they exchange happened but that’s 100% not how big corporations work. If they think that you can make them money, they will keep the door open for you as long as they feel you’ll make them money.

yeah, even koston had pics of him with a crossed out nike logo on his shirt, but still got on while he was hot and got a pro model shoe right away.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2021, 12:05:48 AM »
I foud some rad pics on the endless lines website....

now trip on this....1986! (military service was still mandatory in France in those days....I barely managed to escape it in the 90's)

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2021, 12:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

@OldieButFrenchie  I was only kidding, but at the same time is there no iconic photos of Pierre Andre doing his signature one footed ollies in Etnies that would be more appropriate as an ad for the company? Either way, that's nice that he apologized to you. I find manners to be important.

I always thought it was sick that in one of those On Videos theres a segment on this emerica tour and Marc Johnson is in it skating in nike cortez lol

yeah I agree, not the best choice for a pic IMHO!
and here's the source for the photos I just posted, in case anyone here speaks French.....

http://www.endlesslines.free.fr/ghost/ghostpages/ghostpas1.htm

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2021, 12:11:25 AM »
He's definitely styling on you

I wasn't gonna push it, but he is definitely pulling a shape. With and without his board should you like to...

livin on a speyer

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2021, 12:15:35 AM »
I skate Etnies at the moment. I don´t have any complains. Good shoes.