Author Topic: JENKEM - Hanging with Donta Hill  (Read 4206 times)

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
Re: JENKEM - Hanging with Donta Hill
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »
So what are the CTE odds for a boxing skateboarder?

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 02:14:22 PM »
pretty rad his mate went to the boxing with him ha.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 03:59:30 PM »
I actually rate watching this guy skate. But damn I really hope he picks one thing and really goes for it before the boat sails, clearly has great potential in 2 things you kinda have to give your life to.

Although I'm sure he hears that every fucking day...

michael scarn

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 04:11:39 PM »
I actually rate watching this guy skate. But damn I really hope he picks one thing and really goes for it before the boat sails, clearly has great potential in 2 things you kinda have to give your life to.

I personally hope that Karl backs him enough where Donta can continue with both. If anyone's gonna do that in skateboarding it would be Karl. No disrespect to Baker but i don't know of anyone with any longevity on Baker who excels at something besides skateboarding.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 05:53:31 PM »
what are u talking about spanky has a phd in etchasketch and good hair

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 07:32:23 PM »

more like he is pretty good at two hobbies but clearly not good enough to excel in either.  he should learn a trade and do sports just for fun.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 10:30:42 PM »

I’m sure no one wants to say it after Reynolds got “called out” for suggesting Cyril focus on skating over whatever he considers rapping

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 10:39:17 PM »
i like this guy, wish him the best

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 12:07:44 AM »
Jenkem video advertising all those Thrasher fits.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 02:53:55 AM »
Looks like he's doing his own board brand with friends and still getting hooked up by Adidas. Wish him all the best because he seems smart enough and if he put out decent street footage it could definitely stand out just from his height alone (not necessarily a bad thing). He's not going to progress very much skating that one little chill park though. Wonder what happened with Baker?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 03:54:31 AM »
Somehow seems to be doing pretty damn good for himself considering he’s not really a big name in skateboarding or boxing.  Comes off as pretty solid dude, and he’s looking good on the board for sure.  Maxallure’s team rips, would be hyped on another full length from them.

GuessAgain?

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 05:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m sure no one wants to say it after Reynolds got “called out” for suggesting Cyril focus on skating over whatever he considers rapping

True, but what if you're actually good at both?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 05:37:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Well you can be Sage and have enough of an image that you don’t need to produce since Purple and can rack up a few acclaimed albums or you can be Cyril who really adds no value to any team he’s on and then diminishes his worth by spending less time skating and trying to mediocrely do a second job.   

Grind King Rims

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 05:39:00 AM »
Somehow seems to be doing pretty damn good for himself considering he’s not really a big name in skateboarding or boxing.  Comes off as pretty solid dude, and he’s looking good on the board for sure.  Maxallure’s team rips, would be hyped on another full length from them.

From his instagram, seems like he's doing pretty well with modelling.

GuessAgain?

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 06:08:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well you can be Sage and have enough of an image that you don’t need to produce since Purple and can rack up a few acclaimed albums or you can be Cyril who really adds no value to any team he’s on and then diminishes his worth by spending less time skating and trying to mediocrely do a second job.

Speaking the truth there, Sage does have an ultimate co-sign in Earl though, not to discredit his talent by any means.

But I do think in this instance boxing is different, far more physical and demanding. You can get smoked doing both things and one could significantly effect the other... I could understand if boxing was just a hobby but the way they were talking, it sounded like he wanted more

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 06:10:46 AM »
I just want to remind everyone Cyril rode for 1031. That is all.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 06:14:47 AM »
He’s making more as a model than he ever would skating. He’s got a good head on his shoulders, nice to see in this day and age.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 07:31:45 AM »

So he did. Not a bad part at all! 360 flip nose manual in a line is nothing to snub one's nose at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErCl7nmWpSo

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 07:49:07 AM »
what are u talking about spanky has a phd in etchasketch and good hair
Just want to repost this gold

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 239
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 11:33:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So he did. Not a bad part at all! 360 flip nose manual in a line is nothing to snub one's nose at.

When Cyril first came out I thought he was gonna be the next big thing for Baker

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 12:04:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Speaking the truth there, Sage does have an ultimate co-sign in Earl though, not to discredit his talent by any means.

But I do think in this instance boxing is different, far more physical and demanding. You can get smoked doing both things and one could significantly effect the other... I could understand if boxing was just a hobby but the way they were talking, it sounded like he wanted more

so did Nakel tho but look where is it going

Grind King Rims

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When Cyril first came out I thought he was gonna be the next big thing for Baker
It's hard to believe now, but I swear there was a year when Baker was really pushing him hard and he was showing up in DC edits really consistently. He had a good run of it.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2021, 01:07:08 PM »
Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed Donta on Baker and was excited to see him progress.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2021, 01:40:51 PM »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2021, 05:01:15 PM »
dudes ig was insufferable when id see it, not going to watch this. seems like hes putting on this weirdo act all the time.

reynolds getting rid of kids focused on doing other shit makes sense. im assuming its not even mentioned in here though why he got kicked off. also did cj ever come out and say the reason he got the boot? not that i ever want to hear that dude rapping, i always thought he was a foodcourtmetal kinda kid.

free max b
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:12:21 PM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2021, 05:17:28 PM »
I could see boxing being a problem if he wasn’t filming because of it, but other than that why should Reynolds give a shit. Skateboarding isn’t a 40hr/week job.

I could see him getting the boot because his footage wasn’t all that great. Cyrill getting the boot was the weird one because his footage would’ve been the 2nd best part in Baker 4.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2021, 05:29:25 PM »
I’m stoked he is on Maxallure now as he really didn’t fit Alien at all. I hope he’s working on a part. I don’t think I’ve seen him since Baker Am video and would like to see more. His balance seems to be getting better as he ages

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2021, 08:41:49 PM »
TBH he probably spends as much time boxing as a lot of people in his situation spend drinking and partying, and it would be a lot less detrimental to productivity.

That being said, in that footage he is sparring an absolute novice and whilst he looks decent, its easy to look good against someone who basically can't box.

Seems he only started boxing a couple years ago and hes 22 now with no boxrec, professional boxing as a career isn't going to happen.

Brguy

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2021, 08:55:14 PM »
I didn't want to be that guy, but his mom has a really appealing ass.