Author Topic: F Delfino on Girl?  (Read 6783 times)

Murray Hewitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: F Delfino on Girl?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2021, 04:06:53 AM »
Breanna is great to watch. She's got solid bag of tricks, smooths manuals and quick flick. She dresses great and in her interviews she comes off as funny. I bought some Old Skools because of her and McCrank. The Canadian marketing works on me.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 04:35:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love Breezy’s skating and want her name on a board too but she isn’t going to get it without putting out another part. I loved that VX part she put out a while ago but I was really hoping to see a part or at least a good chunk of clips from her in Nervous Circus. I get there are factors to it - she’s Canadian and there winters are shit, and I’m sure it’s been hard to get to the States during a pandemic. Maybe she’s filming one now - if so I can’t wait to see it.

But you can’t turn someone pro when they are legitimately lacking in recent footage. Her Instagram clips are great but that can’t replace a real video part.
[close]

10:50

[close]
I like breezy’s skating and all... but how the fuck do you guys think she should be pro?  Nosegrind 180 a small flat ledge? Sw flip on a mellow bank?  These are pro tricks now?
[close]

Once there was a time when there were only a handful of pro skateboarder across the entire world, the absolute best of the best and you would know they are pro because their skating was (on a good day) so much better than anyone else.

Nowdays it seems almost anyone can go pro, some even for completely unheard of companies or some even more so not just for their ability on a skateboard but more so their character or whatever.

There are also almost unnaturally talented skateboarders not even on an am program in this day and age, due to the fact that there are so many good skateboarders now, so it is increasingly not so much just how good the person is but their marketability or their social status that counts for so much.

Not a worry to me either way and although that was the first time I watched that video and her part, I couldn't see myself watching that again or following anyone from that video on instagram, etc.

Just a different point of view.

Sponsored female skaters aren’t there to compete on a talent level with male skaters (not trying to be binary here).  Breena, et al are there primarily to stoke and inspire regular female skaters. 

If male skaters dig it, that’s definitely a plus, but let’s (still) get all anti-affirmative action here and fret someone you deem less qualified is getting a spot for quotas sake at the expense of some hard working male skater that 99% of the skateboard industry currently caters to

Mcidraque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2021, 05:45:02 AM »
girl already has a girl. they cant have 2 girls on girl otherwise theyd have to chang the name to “ girls”
good point

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2021, 06:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love Breezy’s skating and want her name on a board too but she isn’t going to get it without putting out another part. I loved that VX part she put out a while ago but I was really hoping to see a part or at least a good chunk of clips from her in Nervous Circus. I get there are factors to it - she’s Canadian and there winters are shit, and I’m sure it’s been hard to get to the States during a pandemic. Maybe she’s filming one now - if so I can’t wait to see it.

But you can’t turn someone pro when they are legitimately lacking in recent footage. Her Instagram clips are great but that can’t replace a real video part.
[close]

10:50

[close]
I like breezy’s skating and all... but how the fuck do you guys think she should be pro?  Nosegrind 180 a small flat ledge? Sw flip on a mellow bank?  These are pro tricks now?
[close]

Once there was a time when there were only a handful of pro skateboarder across the entire world, the absolute best of the best and you would know they are pro because their skating was (on a good day) so much better than anyone else.

Nowdays it seems almost anyone can go pro, some even for completely unheard of companies or some even more so not just for their ability on a skateboard but more so their character or whatever.

There are also almost unnaturally talented skateboarders not even on an am program in this day and age, due to the fact that there are so many good skateboarders now, so it is increasingly not so much just how good the person is but their marketability or their social status that counts for so much.

Not a worry to me either way and although that was the first time I watched that video and her part, I couldn't see myself watching that again or following anyone from that video on instagram, etc.

Just a different point of view.
[close]

Sponsored female skaters aren’t there to compete on a talent level with male skaters (not trying to be binary here).  Breena, et al are there primarily to stoke and inspire regular female skaters. 

If male skaters dig it, that’s definitely a plus, but let’s (still) get all anti-affirmative action here and fret someone you deem less qualified is getting a spot for quotas sake at the expense of some hard working male skater that 99% of the skateboard industry currently caters to

This guy Atiba fucks. Other guy... not so much
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this