Author Topic: Parts that make you angry  (Read 5144 times)

BieberStance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Parts that make you angry
« on: January 13, 2021, 04:51:31 AM »
There is the most beautiful/touching video parts thread.

I had the idea to make one about video parts that stress you out the most. Like make you really angry or annoyed for whatever reason.

Style, music choice, skater, tricks election, filming, idk..

Guy Mariano's part from Pretty Sweet makes me really angry because of the song. it triggers some hate towards big room discotheques, edm kids like sinner, motivational books and videos, multilevel marketing scemes, young adults sharing their gopro filmed Bali-vacation videos on social media and ripped skinny jeans.

cky enthusiast

Re: Parts that make you angry
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 06:17:23 AM »
i hate 80% of filmed skateboarding after 2000

Mr Cheese Resurrection

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 06:25:49 AM »
A good majority of the God Speed video.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 08:01:02 AM »
Fully Flared still makes me mad.

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 08:30:12 AM »
Not a part, but when Jaws ollied that set in a busy Japanese district with his friends getting physical with some of the locals. I get that when he sees a big set/gap that he's like some golden retriever chasing a ball, but in the grand scheme of all his ollies it was rather trivial and only served to pissed off the locals.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 08:31:27 AM »
A lot of Ty stuff that's over produced bums me out tbh. Let the skating speak for itself.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 10:14:26 AM »
Not a part, but when Jaws ollied that set in a busy Japanese district with his friends getting physical with some of the locals. I get that when he sees a big set/gap that he's like some golden retriever chasing a ball, but in the grand scheme of all his ollies it was rather trivial and only served to pissed off the locals.

I don't think I saw that one, but Jeremy Klein's part in the beginning gets me pretty fired up when he's messing with Japanese homeless people.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 10:18:52 AM »
Any sebo part

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »
Zach Allen in Baker Ams

Worst style, worst kits, worst trick selection, and he used the best track from Liquid Swords.

Boring

• Rep: 9
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 10:32:40 AM »

Actually it was a drunk local that instigated and put hands on Cole. Then local business owners ran that guy off.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 10:35:53 AM »

wasn't a fan of the way this was edited.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »
Ben Gilley.

SonnyHillLeague

• Rep: -1
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 12:08:08 PM »
That new Andy Anderson got me pretty heated. Just terrible trick selection when it's pretty obvious he can do just about whatever he wants. The helmet doesnt help either

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 12:16:00 PM »
That new Andy Anderson got me pretty heated. Just terrible trick selection when it's pretty obvious he can do just about whatever he wants. The helmet doesnt help either
He's got to be the most talented dude to ever look so bad. I can get through a Richie Jackson part, but I just couldn't make it through &&'s part.

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 12:18:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wasn't a fan of the way this was edited.

GOD awful    ;)

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:01 PM »
Grip tape, why can't you stay grippy? Why do you come too naturally grippy? Why does the littlest bit of liquid make you not grippy? Wtf is that shit inbetween the grip look like shit and make you not grippy? Why does your glue stick so damn much and yet slide around when I cut you too small?

Grip tape, of all the skateboard parts I hate you the most.
[Applause]

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »
Ben Gilley.

absolutely. but in a pleasant way

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 12:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Actually it was a drunk local that instigated and put hands on Cole. Then local business owners ran that guy off.

I seem to recall Cole or whoever trying to stop them from getting in the way (which getting hands on is a guaranteed way to piss off a Japanese person) which is what set the person off and to top it off someone poured water on the guy.

That aside, they're skating a busy district of Tokyo(?) at a busy time with heavy foot traffic for a forgettable Ollie.

conqueso

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »
agree about guy in pretty sweet. one of the worst parts of all time

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 01:16:34 PM »
Kenny Anderson’s stuff in Pretty Sweet was ruined by that fucking annoying song man. Sounded like I was being brainwashed

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 01:53:52 PM »
I know some people claim to like it but AO's part in Pretty Sweet makes me furious..

A) Alex Olson, Mike Carroll & BA sharing a part and it has to be like this?

B) BA doing boneless lipides/smiths.

C) The realisation that Mccrank had 1 trick in the whole video was frankly just disturbing.

D) Goes without saying, filming and editing fucking stinks.

michael scarn

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 03:17:16 PM »
Tyson Peterson's Baker 4 part was so fucking dumb. All his antics are way too try hard to be a "baker" dude and it just came off as stupid.
Same goes with every TFunk part.

Word to all the drunk boys out there who think acting stupid and chugging beer all the time is cool: it's not. Just be genuine, don't try and act the part.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 03:30:47 PM »
Guy Mariano's part from Pretty Sweet makes me really angry because of the song. it triggers some hate towards big room discotheques, edm kids like sinner, motivational books and videos, multilevel marketing scemes, young adults sharing their gopro filmed Bali-vacation videos on social media and ripped skinny jeans.

Rewatched pretty sweet for the first time in ~5 years the other night and the whole thing pissed me off. I can't fault AO for leaving after seeing that

roger baglady

• Rep: -1
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 03:44:21 PM »
the old illegal civilization where they suplexed a security guard and some other bullshit. also, the newer one wasn't as bad but it wasn't that good.
the old FIT vid where lil stevie faced the camera and it felt like he was looking at me when he asked 'what, you punk ass nigga?'
and james kelch threw up the W for westside and declared 'frisco, nigga! what?!? marks.'
i wasn't there but i felt like he was calling me a mark or a t-dog.
danny way took a hat off a mexican guy and rolled up his window. he called another one 'meathead'.
pj screaming at an old lady 'what do you think i'm doing? skateboarding!!!'

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 04:52:34 PM »
anything filmed with a gopro

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2021, 05:17:32 PM »
neen deathwish video, any dane vaughn footage

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 05:27:55 PM »
Extremely Sorry except for Shane

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2021, 07:28:08 PM »
There is the most beautiful/touching video parts thread.

I had the idea to make one about video parts that stress you out the most. Like make you really angry or annoyed for whatever reason.

Style, music choice, skater, tricks election, filming, idk..

I love that part especially the koston section.

Matt Mumford’s parts annoy me for some reason, when I was starting to skate this kid I met one day told me Matt Mumford was very stiff while he skated and I couldn’t get that idea of my mind ever. The fact he does few flip tricks also disgusts me.

Rob dydek photosynthesis, annoying hat and park footage and song, also the dc video part, it was mostly about big black, the skating is mediocre and again annoying hat.

Danny Castillo any part, does the same trick nollie heel cab over and over, no stairs or rails what so ever.

Prod me myself and I, the song is annoying.

Mikey Taylor any part especially skate more, the last trick really deserved a slow mo? They tried to hard to make him look good.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2021, 08:57:22 PM »
I came here to grouse about the skate part that gets me angriest (those little speed washers on my axles; they’re always falling to the floor & rolling underneath something!) but then, upon reading, realized it’s a thread about VIDEO parts.
Never mind.
I don’t get upset about video parts.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2021, 09:46:30 PM »
Ben Gilley.

I second that. I’m stressed out thinking about it.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.