Author Topic: Parts that make you angry  (Read 5148 times)

imjusthereforthechips

Re: Parts that make you angry
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 09:59:30 PM »
max schaafs part in since day one. i love max and i love motorcycles but when thrown together in a video part just seems contrived. almost try-hard and i know that max is the furthest thing from being a try-hard. but i woulda rather seen clips of him surfing with the skating instead......now time to say goodbye to my rep

also, anything that incorporates the face zoom is painful to watch. which means pretty much every skate video thats come out since strobek started doing it. i know its been around for years but it was strobek who put that shit on full blast.

Gideon Choi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 10:15:01 PM »
Tyson Peterson's Baker 4 part was so fucking dumb. All his antics are way too try hard to be a "baker" dude and it just came off as stupid.
Same goes with every TFunk part.

Word to all the drunk boys out there who think acting stupid and chugging beer all the time is cool: it's not. Just be genuine, don't try and act the part.

Same here, that Tyson part had some good skating but a lot of clips ran too long which I blame Reynolds for falling into the long lens, zoom-in close on the skater's faces trend a la Fat Ball. For example skip to 1:26 in the video, did we really need to see Tyson flatground kickflip, then take 10 seconds of rolling at moderate speed before he BS 360's a 12 stair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NALi3AJ90&ab_channel=ThrasherMagazine

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2021, 01:22:43 AM »
Rewatched blessed a few days ago and realised Nakel’s style is bare weird. He crouches down like skate 3 characters and it looks mad unnatural. Also how Strobeck filmed KBs front 3 at the Brooklyn banks and the tre over the rail pissed me off.

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2021, 01:43:09 AM »
Rewatched blessed a few days ago and realised Nakel’s style is bare weird. He crouches down like skate 3 characters and it looks mad unnatural. Also how Strobeck filmed KBs front 3 at the Brooklyn banks and the tre over the rail pissed me off.

i think nak is wak, his sense of entitlement shown in a lot of his clips surly dont help either. for that matter most of the new kids seem super unnatural looking and forced compared to the older generation. i.e. mike carroll, jovantae, lavar, arto, tom penny, kareem, cardiel, julien, matt rod, jason lee, shippy, frank gerwer, ba, janoski, ethan fowler, nate jones..... fuck i could go on forever with that list. i guess what im saying is like a lot of the new kids seem to just do tricks, they dont really skate or have "good style" in my opinion. dont get me wrong, there are new kids that i think are dope and all...........cant think of any at the moment but they are there

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2021, 01:55:28 AM »
Every Daniel Castillo part. 
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2021, 02:13:41 AM »
i just hit the vert button everytime his name comes up

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2021, 04:59:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Daniel always gave me hope

AssMountain

• Rep: 30
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2021, 05:00:31 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh_rCuqzKvU

I used to skip this part all the time.

It just always seemed weirdly forced and contrived, even as a 14 year old I thought it was weird, I just skipped to Tancowny's part.

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2021, 05:11:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think nak is wak, his sense of entitlement shown in a lot of his clips surly dont help either. for that matter most of the new kids seem super unnatural looking and forced compared to the older generation. i.e. mike carroll, jovantae, lavar, arto, tom penny, kareem, cardiel, julien, matt rod, jason lee, shippy, frank gerwer, ba, janoski, ethan fowler, nate jones..... fuck i could go on forever with that list. i guess what im saying is like a lot of the new kids seem to just do tricks, they dont really skate or have "good style" in my opinion. dont get me wrong, there are new kids that i think are dope and all...........cant think of any at the moment but they are there

I used to like him but then I started watching interviews of him and following him on instagram and he's a massive dickhead, hew's so delusional he somehow genuinely thinks his music is good. He's just doing too much, I feel like a lot of new skaters like the illegal civ guys just have a rly stiff and forced style. But most new european guys have sick style like Deedz, Oski, Heitor, Vincent Huhta, Vincent Touz, Nik Stain, Tom Knox, Brayan Albarenga... and so do Cyrus Bennet and Andrew Wilson and all those NY guys. But yeah the biggest names in skateboarding rn have pretty shit style

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2021, 05:28:40 AM »
Anything featuring Sinner or Shawn Powers

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

AssMountain

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2021, 05:45:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Tyson Peterson's Baker 4 part was so fucking dumb. All his antics are way too try hard to be a "baker" dude and it just came off as stupid.

Word to all the drunk boys out there who think acting stupid and chugging beer all the time is cool: it's not. Just be genuine, don't try and act the part.
[close]

Same here, that Tyson part had some good skating but a lot of clips ran too long which I blame Reynolds for falling into the long lens, zoom-in close on the skater's faces trend a la Fat Ball. For example skip to 1:26 in the video, did we really need to see Tyson flatground kickflip, then take 10 seconds of rolling at moderate speed before he BS 360's a 12 stair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NALi3AJ90&ab_channel=ThrasherMagazine

That part really isn't that bad, I like the song and like its pretty fun, but I am a bit annoyed at the fact that his last tricks were just tricks that have been done way better about 15 years ago but they really emphasised them for some reason?

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

Brguy

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2021, 05:55:53 AM »

To me it seems like he was just having fun, the editing is what made it try hard.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2021, 06:55:45 AM »
i hate 80% of filmed skateboarding after 2000

samesiez

AssMountain

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2021, 07:03:55 AM »

Superiority complex much?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2021, 07:13:07 AM »
Spanky stay gold

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2021, 07:15:41 AM »
anything by robert neal

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2021, 08:10:11 AM »
pedipalps

goo goo goo joob

• Rep: 40
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2021, 12:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Ben Gilley.
[close]

absolutely. but in a pleasant way

his skating makes me wanna throw a trash can at a pyramid made of other trash cans and I mean that in the best way possible

CaptainBushwacker

• Rep: 13
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2021, 01:39:27 PM »
Extremely Sorry except for Shane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfYfEAc-wzk

A friend sent me an instagram clip of this part and without the sound I was thinking that this is some sick stuff, why hadn't I watched that part more often.

Then I turned on the sound and realized.

So bad.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2021, 02:16:36 PM »
newest louie lopez cons part. probably my favorite skating from him to date but the song is unbearable

SonnyHillLeague

• Rep: -1
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2021, 03:04:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I used to like him but then I started watching interviews of him and following him on instagram and he's a massive dickhead, hew's so delusional he somehow genuinely thinks his music is good. He's just doing too much, I feel like a lot of new skaters like the illegal civ guys just have a rly stiff and forced style. But most new european guys have sick style like Deedz, Oski, Heitor, Vincent Huhta, Vincent Touz, Nik Stain, Tom Knox, Brayan Albarenga... and so do Cyrus Bennet and Andrew Wilson and all those NY guys. But yeah the biggest names in skateboarding rn have pretty shit style

LMAO Nik Stain is from Bethlehem Pennsylvania

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2021, 06:15:00 PM »
If something bums me out I usually turn it off and watch that video of Eli Reed dancing and I’m instantly at peace

miff

• Rep: -8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2021, 06:24:14 PM »
Music for Busenitz in away days...

Probably proof that Busenitz is that easy going. Can't imagine it was his own idea, never heard of any fuss either.

That video had a couple of music blemishes, how do you F up a Busenitz last part like that?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Extremely Sorry except for Shane
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfYfEAc-wzk

A friend sent me an instagram clip of this part and without the sound I was thinking that this is some sick stuff, why hadn't I watched that part more often.

Then I turned on the sound and realized.

So bad.

I appreciate you posting this

I haven’t watched this part in years. It is seriously fucked

The music is diarrhea

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2021, 01:20:14 AM »
Tk baker 3 because I'm mad at the people negotiating my deals 😭🛹
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2021, 02:48:59 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh_rCuqzKvU

I used to skip this part all the time.

It just always seemed weirdly forced and contrived, even as a 14 year old I thought it was weird, I just skipped to Tancowny's part.

I came here to post this part as well.  It sucks, because I love that video.  The other songs and the editing all work really well imo and then that jeezy song just shits all over the vibe.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2021, 02:49:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

LMAO Nik Stain is from Bethlehem Pennsylvania

Idk why I was convinced he was Russian lol my point remains the same tho nik stain has sick fakie tres and goes at Mach 10

nickpaolucci

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2021, 06:02:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Daniel always gave me hope

Why? How tall are you?

Drucksache

• Rep: -6
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 06:12:15 AM »
GX 1000 Japan: A bunch of intellectually challenged fuckwits showing absolutely no respect to anybody in a foreign country. It is pretty safe to say that they certainly didn´t do the locals a any favors with their stupid behaviour.

Hjalte and Bobby´s `looks ok to me´: That sequence in the beginning where they zoom in on that fat lady eating some sweets ruined the video for me. Shit was completely uncalled for and also a great display of pre-school-age-humor. Pretty disappointing to say the least.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2021, 06:24:40 AM »
GX 1000 Japan: A bunch of intellectually challenged fuckwits showing absolutely no respect to anybody in a foreign country. It is pretty safe to say that they certainly didn´t do the locals a any favors with their stupid behaviour.

Hjalte and Bobby´s `looks ok to me´: That sequence in the beginning where they zoom in on that fat lady eating some sweets ruined the video for me. Shit was completely uncalled for and also a great display of pre-school-age-humor. Pretty disappointing to say the least.

I hate the beginning to that video part, but when Brotha Lynch Hung kicks in, I like it again. Would like to see that part with the intro cut out