Author Topic: PISSTAKE  (Read 2755 times)

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
PISSTAKE
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:00:24 PM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

twice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: PISSTAKE
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 09:16:11 PM »
Kinda just seems like an Australian version of the melodi crew vids

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »
it has to be. Look at the thumbnail for BUG COLLECTION and the all caps.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 11:20:17 PM »

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 12:02:16 AM »

ricky bobby

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 08:12:00 PM »
Can understand the comparison to the Melodi videos but it's kind of refreshing to see Australian skateboarding presented in this way. Love the vid and the filming and editing is top notch too. Tim's previous video Razor is great as well

cutman

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 08:35:14 PM »

a replica of a replica

G raham

• Rep: -50
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 10:09:24 PM »
Can understand the comparison to the Melodi videos but it's kind of refreshing to see Australian skateboarding presented in this way. Love the vid and the filming and editing is top notch too. Tim's previous video Razor is great as well

what other way do you feel its usually presented
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

fairydinkum

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 02:44:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d actually like to hear what he has to say! As far as I can see, even the Passport video has the same nuances.

ricky bobby

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 05:18:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’d actually like to hear what he has to say! As far as I can see, even the Passport video has the same nuances.
I think that the comparison to Kitsch goes as far as the filming and the skaters that both videos share. I think that if anything the way that this video takes cues from Melodi, Logan Lara/Johnny Wilson/Strobeck's filming and editing is somewhat unique to what's coming out of Australia. Not speaking as though i'm more partial to this style, but just what i've observed. I'd be curious to know if theres anything else similar to this coming from Australia that i'm over looking. I guess as well as this, I don't find it as irritating that a filmer in Australia is documenting skating in this way, because it's not like in America where theres probably some guy from every city of every state filming and editing in this style.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 07:27:09 AM »
I liked it. Their outfits didn’t hurt my eyes like the melodi videos. I don’t get the personal thing at the end throwing rocks at that building (any Australians know the back story or what building it was?).  I mean you are dry snitching by adding it in the video.

fairydinkum

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 01:43:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I think that the comparison to Kitsch goes as far as the filming and the skaters that both videos share. I think that if anything the way that this video takes cues from Melodi, Logan Lara/Johnny Wilson/Strobeck's filming and editing is somewhat unique to what's coming out of Australia. Not speaking as though i'm more partial to this style, but just what i've observed. I'd be curious to know if theres anything else similar to this coming from Australia that i'm over looking. I guess as well as this, I don't find it as irritating that a filmer in Australia is documenting skating in this way, because it's not like in America where theres probably some guy from every city of every state filming and editing in this style.

Interesting you say that, I’m Australian myself and generally don’t make too much effort paying attention to local content (boo me). But I will say that this style has been thoroughly introduced to local filmers for about a few years now. I’ll give only a couple of links below as examples (I don’t want to take too much attention off the focus of this thread):

both entertaining content in their own right, I can understand that if you’re not Australian this whole logan lara thingy won’t be so apparent.

ricky bobby

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 02:12:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Interesting you say that, I’m Australian myself and generally don’t make too much effort paying attention to local content (boo me). But I will say that this style has been thoroughly introduced to local filmers for about a few years now. I’ll give only a couple of links below as examples (I don’t want to take too much attention off the focus of this thread):

both entertaining content in their own right, I can understand that if you’re not Australian this whole logan lara thingy won’t be so apparent.
Orion filmed part of PISSTAKE but I wasn't aware of the Story Time vid. Cheers for that!

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 09:57:57 PM »
another one

So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 04:58:00 PM »
Sick skating but everyone in this looked like they’ve summoned the powers of their favorite skater. I saw Mackey, KRod, Nik Stain, but none of it was actually them.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

fairydinkum

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 07:29:16 PM »
Sick skating but everyone in this looked like they’ve summoned the powers of their favorite skater. I saw Mackey, KRod, Nik Stain, but none of it was actually them.

ouch!

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 09:07:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ouch!
I don’t think that was a a burn. Don’t you wish you could skate like your favorite skater?

fairydinkum

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2020, 10:13:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

ouch!
[close]
I don’t think that was a a burn. Don’t you wish you could skate like your favorite skater?

I do not, at least not to the point elbarto was talking about.

BABY-PEP$I

• Rep: -18
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 10:32:57 PM »
Cringe. The Aidan Mackey cosplay was just a cherry on top.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 02:10:17 AM »
another one

My local skate shop made this awful video lol

kiyatotheheadmate

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 06:59:20 AM »
Expand Quote
another one

[close]

My local skate shop made this awful video lol

lolololol
daddy

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 09:52:50 AM »
that was ass.

free max b
FREE MAX B

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -459
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 09:49:32 PM »
I enjoyed it but I’m also baked and particularly amped on skating today.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs