Author Topic: Robbie Mckinley gets Chrome Balled  (Read 4249 times)

Style Police

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: Robbie Mckinley gets Chrome Balled
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 06:21:26 PM »
@Grind King Rims

Look what Robbie is saying about you B...

Did they hook you up with those Grind King Rims, too?

(laughs) Where the nut goes on and it’s supposed to save your bearings? Yeah, I remember those! Fuck no, man! I wasn’t gonna ride those stupid ass things! Those were regular!

Fletschinger

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 06:51:47 PM »
Best thing of 2021.  I always thought he was so dope to watch.  Also didn’t need to see him do “hammers”.  He totally should have had a board.  Like the ledge version of rob pluhowski, who also should have had a board.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:07:29 PM »
Fuck I love these.

Yeah Right is the rare type of video where everyone has different favorite and least-favorite parts, but the one constant was Robbie's part. Everyone seemed to love his skating. I was certain he was going to have a huge career, but, like he said here, he just kinda slipped away. I know he says he doesn't have any regrets and is proud of himself, but I also hope he knows his work meant a lot to a lot of people.

Phillyflared

• Rep: 34
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 07:11:42 PM »
Best thing of 2021.  I always thought he was so dope to watch.  Also didn’t need to see him do “hammers”.  He totally should have had a board.  Like the ledge version of rob pluhowski, who also should have had a board.
Yep!
Always enjoyed both guys approach to skating. Came across as natural and unforced and that's why it resonates. At least for me.
Along with crisp flip tricks of course.

Glurmpz

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 08:45:51 PM »
Always liked his style and the Listen part was a classic, but god damn - this fool had so many no-make photos published that he had an entire interview that was faked. In a weird way I kind of respect his possible GOAT bail photo status.

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 09:49:01 PM »
nice way to start the new year

Grim Deeds

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 11:41:05 PM »
Fuck yes!

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 06:29:59 AM »

Pluhowski was the man. His Bobshirt interview made him even cooler

Grind King Rims

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 07:15:27 AM »
@Grind King Rims

Expand Quote

(laughs) Where the nut goes on and it’s supposed to save your bearings? Yeah, I remember those! Fuck no, man! I wasn’t gonna ride those stupid ass things! Those were regular!
[close]

Maybe if he tried them he could have gotten his name on a board. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:44:53 AM by Grind King Rims »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 07:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
@Grind King Rims

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Maybe if he tried them he could have gotten his name on a board.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. It's disheartening to see the incredible opportunities some are presented with, only for them to be ignored.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 08:21:24 AM »
faking an entire interview is pretty wild.  respect
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 10:45:14 AM »
I always wondered why he never went pro, figured he got injured or something but cool to see he bowed out gracefully. That being said, I do wish he had given it a final push, he had great style and chose his tricks well.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 12:17:53 PM »
I like knowing that if it's a Chops interview, the skater is going to be 100% frank about everything, and man, this was one of the most brutally honest I can think of. I've always known that a lot of photo ads weren't makes, but damn, a whole interview? shit's wild.

I've never read a skate interview quite like this one, respect

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 01:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
@Grind King Rims

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Maybe if he tried them he could have gotten his name on a board. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol

That Lavar story was so funny; I know he's had it rough, I hope he's doing well.
Wenning and "the Meat Co."  ;D
Another great CBI interview.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 02:23:50 PM »
Best thing of 2021.  I always thought he was so dope to watch.  Also didn’t need to see him do “hammers”. He totally should have had a board.  Like the ledge version of rob pluhowski, who also should have had a board.

I mean clearly not.

Always liked him, but he did blow it.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 08:03:14 PM »
From the comments on the interview -

Robbie is so candid in this interview. That’s dope! I remember skating Lockwood and asking him to ride for 60/40. He rode for Society, pre-listen video, I told him he could be pro for 60/40 and he told me he would “rather be a high rate am than a low pro.” Harsh words but true to his plan and vision. Glad it worked out for him

Very, very high quality burn, I laughed
listen to cosmic psychos

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »
I like knowing that if it's a Chops interview, the skater is going to be 100% frank about everything, and man, this was one of the most brutally honest I can think of. I've always known that a lot of photo ads weren't makes, but damn, a whole interview? shit's wild.

I've never read a skate interview quite like this one, respect

This shit is insane! they faked so many photos and sequences. I always read rumors, but it's crazy to read it right from the skater. nuts. but i'm stoked on the honesty.

also this cracked me up:

Thank God that Greg Hunt was on that trip. He was always cool. I remember talking to him one time on that trip and he goes, “You know, you’re one of the only normal dudes on this team.”

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 08:29:32 PM »
And Method Man was playing, so Lavar just starts rapping to me. Like, right at me. Along to the music, but directly at me. Full eye contact, for what felt like an unusually long amount of time. Like, to the point where it didn’t seem like how you’d typically do that kinda thing to someone. Just forever. And I didn’t even know what to do. Because I’m the new guy, I’m just trying to be nice. But he’s still doing it. This is super awkward! I try to look away but Lavar keeps on rapping Method Man at me. Like, why?

So yeah, that was pretty weird.

incredible 

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 08:49:34 PM »
also, what an incredible order

“Yeah, let me get three orders of bacon and a couple Bud Lights… ”

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 11:07:23 PM »

Robbie is so candid in this interview. That’s dope! I remember skating Lockwood and asking him to ride for 60/40. He rode for Society, pre-listen video, I told him he could be pro for 60/40 and he told me he would “rather be a high rate am than a low pro.” Harsh words but true to his plan and vision. Glad it worked out for him

Shot a bit too high being on Girl....if he had been on chocolate.....maybe he'd be podcasting.....

Honestly what they don't really touch on is that while it's disappointing.....do you think he's worse off now than most of his counterparts that turned pro? 

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2021, 11:37:10 PM »
Great interview, love the honesty. I still think of him as one of the elite guys of the era: he had great clean style, didn't do any bullshit tricks, good kits, rode for good companies, simply the kind of skating I like to see.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 01:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Shot a bit too high being on Girl....if he had been on chocolate.....maybe he'd be podcasting.....

Honestly what they don't really touch on is that while it's disappointing.....do you think he's worse off now than most of his counterparts that turned pro?

Yep that would have knocked it out of the park

I like to talk shit on here but honestly it’s a bit of a shame you get guys that keep going and you’re like fuck I’m not watching that, but as others said he was a proper skateboarder with proper technique
Maybe it’s for the best, on some dead musician type shit
listen to cosmic psychos

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 07:30:35 PM »
Big fan fan of his yeah right part. But cmon man, putting out a comeback interview with all bails is fucked