Author Topic: Bearing Spacers  (Read 6366 times)

tuesday

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • The mistery of shadows
Re: Bearing Spacers
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2021, 12:21:12 AM »
In 100+ years of skating I only once had a spacer/wheel combo that did not rattle. And it was the best. I haven't given up the hope to end up again with a spacer/wheel combo that won't rattle, and treat me to a new set of spacers whenever I buy a new set of wheels.  I don't like the spacer/speedring combination, because usually the bearing won't sit flush with the wheel.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:04:36 AM by tuesday »

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2021, 02:43:46 AM »
Yeah, since I bought Bones Swiss, I thought I’d do the right thing and use the spacers, but it was impossible to get both bearings to actually fit in 100% in the conical full f4s I’m using. The outer bearings would slowly come out more when I skated. So I ditched the spacers, was able to get both bearings in all the way and everything feels exactly right.

Fuck spacers.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 04:35:32 AM »

Picked up these bad boys today for my cruiser. Works a treat, noticeably improved stability and speed, very happy with the results.

https://seismicskate.com/product/tekton-precision-profiled-xt-steel-spacers/
what bearings did you pair them with?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2021, 06:35:31 AM »
Don’t fall for their lies, bearing spacers are useless and are implanted with microphones so the government can listen into to you talking to your skate bud about weed.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Nicki

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2021, 07:50:00 AM »
Expand Quote

Picked up these bad boys today for my cruiser. Works a treat, noticeably improved stability and speed, very happy with the results.

[close]

I’m running bones swiss ceramics with these new spacers in powell g-slides, thunder 161, on a 10 x 30 Lucero Madrid reissue. It absolutely flies, It’s a lot of fun!

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2021, 07:52:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I’m running bones swiss ceramics with these new spacers in powell g-slides, on thunder 161 and a 10inch Lucero Madrid reissue. It absolutely flies, It’s a lot of fun!
I bet. Gotta get you over to the big boy thread and post up

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2021, 07:59:38 AM »
Yeah, since I bought Bones Swiss, I thought I’d do the right thing and use the spacers, but it was impossible to get both bearings to actually fit in 100% in the conical full f4s I’m using. The outer bearings would slowly come out more when I skated. So I ditched the spacers, was able to get both bearings in all the way and everything feels exactly right.

Fuck spacers.
same bearings, same wheels, same problem. seeing my outer bearing that far out is impending death, gonna do the right thing and ditch them
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2021, 08:24:42 AM »
I have achieved perfection and it's not that great......

Spitfire cores are always wrong and the wheel hole is always small....bones has worked for me.  If you believe in spacers.....the built ins are superior.....definitely kooky though.

My set up is two bearings, wheel, axel nut.  I have the axel nut about as tight as it will go and the wheel still spins super fast.  This is how it's suppose to work.  Stacking in speed washers, backing it off 1/16 of a turn... c'mon.....

No one does this though and honestly there's weird spin offs like your wheels don't make any noise when you powerslide, your pop sounds dead....the vibration of the wheels are speakers.  Who knew? 

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2021, 02:53:22 PM »
I'm pretty specific for my gear and I will never not be able to skate without spacers again. I just buy cheap bearings but I swear they help. Also some once said why would I not use them if they're included with the bearings? That makes perfect sense.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »
Used some spacers on reds with NFG v-cuts and they can move a bit inside the wheel after the bearings are seated, so that’s pretty much  useless?

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2021, 04:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote

Fuck spacers.
[close]
same bearings, same wheels, same problem. seeing my outer bearing that far out is impending death, gonna do the right thing and ditch them

Yes, pushing the second bearing in all the way meant pushing the other one out. A problem only created by spacers, a buncha malarkey.

Nicki

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2021, 05:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I’m running bones swiss ceramics with these new spacers in powell g-slides, on thunder 161 and a 10inch Lucero Madrid reissue. It absolutely flies, It’s a lot of fun!
[close]

Ok, I’ll give it a go with imghur. Is that the best way for pics?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2021, 06:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

right under the white box to the left where you’d reply is a link that says “add image to post”

Nicki

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2021, 06:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
right under the white box to the left where you’d reply is a link that says “add image to post”

Ha - no way, now I feel like a complete dunce. I posted up with IG, but next time I’ll use the link, cheers!

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2021, 08:26:02 PM »
Yeah you don't want your spacers rattling around in your wheels.

I recently changed to a different brand and had that issue.

I'm pretty mental about spacers in my pricy bearings so I found some that fit proper.

If they don't fit they're just going to harm you.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2021, 09:05:40 PM »
Don’t fall for their lies, bearing spacers are useless and are implanted with microphones so the government can listen into to you talking to your skate bud about weed.

1oo%. spacers are the worst.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2021, 09:24:43 PM »
I usually use spacers and have no problem but i just copped those new 97a f4 classics in 54mm, and after a few days noticed two wheels weren't spinning properly, turns out the spacer is wider than the gap etc. Lame. They're the spacers that come with bones swiss, Maybe they're proprietary to bones wheels  :-\
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2021, 01:24:46 AM »
If you can’t straight up tell the difference between riding setups with or without spacers then I feel sorry for your insensitive feet ... either that or I’m copping massive placebo effect

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2021, 01:53:41 AM »
How many people ride with a fair space between wheel nut and bearings and how many tighten that thing down so there is no rattle?

I have been a space between guy for a long time, not really a spacer guy, although some of my boards with swiss still have the factory spacers in between in older setups I think and don't have issues.

Without spacers, everything still runs as it should and I can fit three washers on the inside easily too.

I have noticed Spitfire and some other wheels have a narrower bearing seat than others, but even Bones wheels still have that movement in some I have seen.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2021, 02:47:31 AM »
Always use spacers...even if they rattle a bit. Some wheels will work some will rattle...but its never stopped me from using it...never knew why, only because it was in the pack and the first setup i did at a shop the guy put them in. Now if I don’t do it i feel weird about it.

Always use speed rings...and tighten my nuts all the way. I loosen it to the point where when i spin the wheels and they come to a stop its super gradual and smooth.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:15:46 AM by sammyz »

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 456
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2021, 08:21:37 AM »
In a perfect world wheels would come with spacers that match the width of their cores. Since bearings are interchangeable with wheel brands this would make more sense. Bones wheels and the spacers that come with their bearings don’t even match up.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2021, 11:21:16 AM »
Don't like the way they make my set up feel kinda dead..   I know they work just like I know bearing shields do
I just don't like them..   

washers are a different story . I Must have two per wheel or my brain says no

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »
Don't like the way they make my set up feel kinda dead..   I know they work just like I know bearing shields do
I just don't like them..   

You kept the least important part

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2021, 10:45:23 PM »
I just don't like them..   

The dead feeling comes from a poor fit.

It sounds like you been skating in the rain when they are too small.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2021, 11:51:47 PM »
This was answered in the none club actually! I forgot which one, but I am sure it was somewhere on Andrew Reynolds stop and chat? It was during a what's your setup segment I believe?
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2021, 11:53:56 PM »
This was answered in the nine club actually! I forgot which one, but I am sure it was somewhere on Andrew Reynolds stop and chat? It was during a what's your setup segment I believe?

Found it!! 4:50 it's explained.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco