Author Topic: Skating Pools?  (Read 1146 times)

Cellular

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Skating Pools?
« on: January 16, 2021, 10:08:40 PM »
Tomorrow me and some buddies are gonna skate this pool in some abandoned backyard.  The only problem is none of us ever skated pools before and I was wondering if anyone here got any advice for doing so?  (already know that its cleaned and skateable btw)

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
Re: Skating Pools?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 05:47:29 AM »
First one of your homies to hit a fs slash on coping is king for a day.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 08:34:05 AM »
Put a helmet on.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 09:01:49 AM »
Watch that Dog Town Z Boys documentary.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 09:38:00 AM »
Angle your approach. Don't go straight up and down. Carve don't kick turn. Think 3D.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 06:42:44 PM »
Hopefully there is more transition than wall, but any which way, go easy at first and stay stealthy.  You don't want to blow out a spot, so respect the place, the area, be cool, don't break or vandalise stuff while you are there.

Gee I sound old.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 03:37:58 PM »
helmet. bend your knees. don't try to be an old gnar dog, just drink water
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 07:17:51 AM »
Hopefully there is more transition than wall, but any which way, go easy at first and stay stealthy.  You don't want to blow out a spot, so respect the place, the area, be cool, don't break or vandalise stuff while you are there.

Gee I sound old.

I dunno bro maybe I’m old too, there’s nothing worse than blowing a spot out for everyone else. This is kinda why people keep their shit to themselves

General policy for me is if I see someone coming up and it looks like they’re gonna ask me to leave, I like to say is it time to go and it sort of catches them out. You have the initiative at this point.

I press it with shit like man look at me I’m just trying to get some, full weekend/afternoon warrior type shit
‘Cunt I’ve just finished work’ type shit and honestly, sometimes I get told nah you’re all good mate

Many spots in bris cbd I find security is chill with you skating certain parts of camera, and if one builds rapport with the guys that work there sometimes they will tell you when it’s best to skate the other stuff

Mother always said one catches more fliers with honey than vinegar
Good life policy is to pick your battles
I don’t always follow this cause ego fucks me, but I do try

Edit

Sorry, we were talking about pools
The good ones, you will know
The difficult ones, you wanna think wallride
That’s all I got

But I did a job in new farm before Xmas and there was a pool fucking right next to the river next door to my job, looked like it would film up a treat and I spoke to owner got the number and tentatively hooked it up for later with crew

I guess I’m saying if you’re in Brisbane and you want to skate a mean one that hasn’t been skated and you wanna help with a day or twos work cleaning it out fucking message me

Cause im not going back to clean it by myself just to skate it and most of my mates that skate are useless

It’s on Griffith st but you can’t see it, trees in way
listen to cosmic psychos

bigmike

• Rep: 11
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »
Stay low. Bend your knees. Don’t try to force it till you have a good feel for it. Helmet is never a bad idea.