Author Topic: Growing pot at home  (Read 1291 times)

tension

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
Growing pot at home
« on: January 17, 2021, 03:23:31 PM »
Anyone home grow? I know nothing about it but love the idea of it

Can anyone recommend a good home starter like kit or something? Does that even exist? I’m trying to get high on my own supply.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Growing pot at home
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 03:30:07 PM »
i find this interesting as well, but i have no experience.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 04:27:29 PM »
I really wanted to grow so I contacted some people I know who grow in CA.  I asked if The Cannabis Grow Bible-3rd edition is a good resource and they said yes. 

I tried growing tomatoes before actually growing herb and I ended up attracting all kinds of earwigs into my apt so I put the growing on the backburner. 

One of those bucket based systems seems like it could be cool. "Space buckets" I think they are called.  Otherwise I would just want to do a completely self-contained system.

I think Johnes knows how to grow?  There have been threads in the past on it if my memory serves me correctly.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 04:45:09 PM »
I can help if you have specific questions

Gentleman ninja warlock

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 04:53:55 PM »
Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Horticulture: Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible, is the PDF I linked. While not new, it's more than an excellent reference. Jorge is an OG and won't steer you wrong. Just about any other reference you want can be found through that link.

https://b-ok.cc/book/4130875/0f03a9
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

pleasant pheasant

• Rep: -16
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 04:54:43 PM »
i'd grow outdoors if you've got the climate.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 07:04:45 PM »
Love growing my own. I have a novice level of experience in growing but can definitely help you out to get started. Growing your own is a great adventure and well worth the effort, time, and money. Good to see @Betaphenylethylalamine in the thread because they definitely know what they are talking about in this arena.

How much is your budget?
How much space are you working with?
Are you growing photoperiods or autoflowers?
Will being discrete be an issue?
How many plants and how much yield are you trying to achieve?

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 06:16:03 AM »
Yea, just got some seeds today.
We don't have any of those fancy hydro kits being that it's still illegal here so it's a case of germinating the seeds and just chucking them in the ground.

@IusedToSkateMore cheers for the link, I'll definitely have a look.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 06:39:53 AM »
i've been thinking about doing this for fun, i actually only smoked cbd the last weeks and rn not smoking at all. but would be fun and i could make some friends happy. i got no equipment at all though and i can't do outdoors. if i could grow 2-3 plants and yield about 300-500 grams i'd be pretty happy. would that be realistic?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 08:22:46 AM »
HLG 550rspec LEDs over Build a soil coots blend in earth box's.  Been running/crossing autos the past few years. Mephisto, Mandalorian, and more recently RocBudinc. 
Been Back crossing a photo project for 4 seasons.  I'm calling Shalom Sunday.  Sour Hebrew National x Banana kush. Slide in if you want freebie testers.
Mostly wash everything through the bubble bag/ washer lately, but rarely press it, because I need a better press.

*If your just starting, if recommend a water only soil mix, and some decent auto flower seeds.  They're so quick to finish, it makes them harder to ruin.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 08:35:27 AM »
i would go autoflower for sure. i used to joke about me having a black thumb because all my house plants used to die. but now i've been keeping some alive successfully for a few years.

it's still very illegal where i live but during the pandemic they don't really give a shit if you just grow your own one plant. they are more concerned about chem/synthweed and those dealers rn. and since leds seem to be the go to, it's not like the power output and heat should make your place lightup when they look for growboxes via heatcamera. is that true tho, it's what i have heard(about the leds being the choice nowadays).

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 08:40:19 AM »
reported

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 11:36:44 AM »
just started a couple seeds .. got critical purple kush that’s about 3 weeks and amnesia auto that just popped .. very novice and growing outdoor cuz i don’t even smoke anymore . just doing for fun

grew a couple outdoor bag seeds about 10 years ago that gave me about an ounce but wasn’t very good

hoping these work out better .. got them in happy frog soil

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 12:48:27 PM »
i've been thinking about doing this for fun, i actually only smoked cbd the last weeks and rn not smoking at all. but would be fun and i could make some friends happy. i got no equipment at all though and i can't do outdoors. if i could grow 2-3 plants and yield about 300-500 grams i'd be pretty happy. would that be realistic?

This is totally doable! Your ideal setup would be a 2 x 4ft tent (in hamburger American measurements) and it would be enough space for 2-3 plants. 300-500 g's is totally realistic and the tent would provide an element of discreteness with a carbon filter attached. Just remember that proper lighting, training the plants, and environment control is key if you want to up those yields. If you are interested in exclusively growing CBD auto plants here are a couple of links to seeds:

https://www.zamnesia.com/5103-zamnesia-seeds-cbd-fix-Auto-feminized.html <---This one has a 1:15 THC/CBD ratio.
https://www.dinafem.org/en/cheese-cbd/ <---This one has a 1:1 THC/CBD ratio.
https://www.seedsman.com/en/pink-kush-cbd-auto-feminised-seeds <--- This one has a 1:30 THC/CBD ratio.

HLG 550rspec LEDs over Build a soil coots blend in earth box's.  Been running/crossing autos the past few years. Mephisto, Mandalorian, and more recently RocBudinc. 
Been Back crossing a photo project for 4 seasons.  I'm calling Shalom Sunday.  Sour Hebrew National x Banana kush. Slide in if you want freebie testers.
Mostly wash everything through the bubble bag/ washer lately, but rarely press it, because I need a better press.

*If your just starting, if recommend a water only soil mix, and some decent auto flower seeds.  They're so quick to finish, it makes them harder to ruin.

Those HLG QB's are no joke. You have been crossing Mephisto autos? That my goal when I get the proper spacing and a bigger budget to cross and pheno hunt. Would love to see a cross of Mephistos Pink Panamas go down. I will definitely hit you up in the future if you have any testers for autos you want shifted through.  :)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 03:04:12 PM »
I'll get really in depth on this tonight to help out all the fellow SLAP pals.

I'll break down soil, genetics, germination, lighting systems, tents, ventilation,  watering  schedules, indoor vrs outdoor, autos/fems/s1s/photoperiods(regs) etc

Also, if anyone needs to buy seeds, please hit me up. Your local shop is NOT going to have good genetics. Just hit me in the messages
Gentleman ninja warlock

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 06:22:54 PM »

I'll break down soil, genetics, germination, lighting systems, tents, ventilation,  watering  schedules, indoor vrs outdoor, autos/fems/s1s/photoperiods(regs) etc

Also, if anyone needs to buy seeds, please hit me up. Your local shop is NOT going to have good genetics. Just hit me in the messages

Well, getting seeds seems to be step one. At least for me
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 07:47:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well, getting seeds seems to be step one. At least for me

Yes, but before you germinate seeds, everything should be set up and ready to go
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 10:27:05 PM »
So, assuming you've acquired good gentic seeds....

First thing you need is a good tent for indoor. I highly recommend a 4x4 tent to start with(I'll talk about outdoor grows later)

To acquire a 4x4 tent, search amazon. For rookies, they have what's called a "plug and play" tent. It will include an 8" oscillating fan, hopefully also a 4" oscillating fan. A charcoal filter to remove any odour, as well as you duct work for air intake/outtake. It should also come with a humidity gauge and temperature gauge.

The air intake/outtake ducting will be attached to the charcoal filter fan.

Next we need lights. Again, amazon. Get cheaper lights until you've done a few grows and start learning what PAR lighting means to the plants. So we will go cheap LED on this, 2 1200w LEDS is perfect. Doesnt hurt your electricity bill, doesnt created alot of abcess heat. Make sure they have a vegetative switch, and a bloom switch.

5 gallon pots are ideal to start with. Let's assume 4 plants, so that's where we start since most states allow 4 plants. Make sure the pots have drainage at the bottom because the root system needs air, but we also want to water plants until "runoff" assuring all soil is watered.

Soil. Stay the fuck away from things like miracle grow.

You'll have to learn nitrogen content etc. The bag of soil will read something like 3/5/3 for instance. That's a basic measurement of the NPK ratios. Nitrogen/phosphorus/potassium. 3/1/1 is the ratio you want.

You'll also need a ph pen as you always want your water around 6-6.3 ph, this is vital.

Also a PPM pen is good to have as well, both cheap and available on amazon.

I'll continue with more, but I'd strongly urge starting with photoperiods NOT autoflowers.

All the things I mentioned should cost about 5-700 dollars excluding quality seeds.

Again, hit my messages for seed inquiries
Gentleman ninja warlock