Author Topic: Howard Stern  (Read 1469 times)

duster1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Howard Stern
« on: January 17, 2021, 09:20:27 PM »
Any Howard Stern fans on here? I know he has gone downhill the last few years, but the man is a legend. My favorite era is from 2001 to 2009 when Artie Lange was on the show. Lots of great Stern content on youtube, especially the Howard TV stuff.
Skating and Baitin

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Howard Stern
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 09:35:03 PM »
Used to listen to it a bit to grind through monotonous shifts.  I also felt like Artie made the show.  I read Private Parts like 10 years ago after finding it at a thrift store and it was a decent read.

pleasant pheasant

• Rep: -16
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 09:40:53 PM »
he's a zionist prick. i liked his show on tv as a little kid w/ lesbian dating game and homeless hollywood squares and i thought his blackface schtick w/ the n word was amateurish but i was a kid so i thought 'i guess this is comedy'? but when 9/11 happened he wanted us to bomb the hell out of arab countries and that sat w/ me wrong.
the books were ok [i read both of them] but it's hagio-autobiography. of course he's gonna make himself relatable. poor stupid robyn quivers for going along w/ it all but i guess she's crying her way to the bank.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 12:02:48 AM »
i don't know if i've ever heard his radio show. not sure if it's ever been on in australia, certainly not outside of major cities anyway.

when i was a kid i used to see private parts at the video shop and was always fascinated by it but was never able to get it out.

thanks to seeing this thread i was prompted to watch the movie just now. it was a cute little movie. don't have much to contribute, but thank you, i just fulfilled a childhood dream.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 01:54:36 AM »
I liked the Stern universe. I liked Tom Chiusano, Artie (when he wasn't too high), ETM, Steve Langford, KC, a few others...

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 04:13:13 AM »
https://archive.org/

I’m not sure if this is common knowledge, but I recently discovered that full episodes from entire years of the show are available on here. Some things about him annoy me so much but there are some things I really do love about the show.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 05:00:29 AM »
The Artie years were so good... also billy west as the Jackie puppet...

Some of My favorite bits are when Jeff the drunk is in studio...

Or when Bigfoot argued with himself on the phone

https://youtu.be/4F6pkkFZswk
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

pleasant pheasant

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 05:23:58 AM »
another thing that bothered me was his outright contempt for his guests. i'm hard on thots too but beetlejuice was an object of derision. babbabooey the horsefaced jackass was the butt of jokes but made a living. he was really demeaning to everyone on there and it kind of reminds me of bumfights in retrospect.
and in one of his books he compared himself to robin's dad 'not the real one who molested her'. i guess she's lucky to be along for the ride, she's an ugly version of chanel west coast, really. just laugh at the host's jokes and add little.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 05:36:54 AM »
shits like the simpsons, the dudes run his course over a decade ago IMO. that being said theres still some good bits and im sure hell run his shtick until hes dead so im not knocking the hustle.

free max b
FREE MAX B

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 06:07:51 AM »
I like the bit on the movie where Giamatti yells "You are the motherfucking anti christ!" at him.

Watching the movie as a teen it always seemed like the kind of radio show I'd have loved in the UK.
Sadly we never got any of his stuff.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 07:19:46 AM »
another thing that bothered me was his outright contempt for his guests. i'm hard on thots too but beetlejuice was an object of derision. babbabooey the horsefaced jackass was the butt of jokes but made a living. he was really demeaning to everyone on there and it kind of reminds me of bumfights in retrospect.
and in one of his books he compared himself to robin's dad 'not the real one who molested her'. i guess she's lucky to be along for the ride, she's an ugly version of chanel west coast, really. just laugh at the host's jokes and add little.

I agree Especially the bits with Gary and beetlejuice. But that’s sterns Schtick manipulation for radio...

One that comes to mind is when they had on  john kricfalusi (Guy who created ren and stimpy) when billy west was in studio. Billy took over ren and Stimpy after John was fired... super uncomfortable bit

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 07:45:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree Especially the bits with Gary and beetlejuice. But that’s sterns Schtick manipulation for radio...

One that comes to mind is when they had on  john kricfalusi (Guy who created ren and stimpy) when billy west was in studio. Billy took over ren and Stimpy after John was fired... super uncomfortable bit
John K is a real legit piece of shit tho.  Fuck that guy.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 08:15:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah, Fake Jerry was the worst.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 08:28:39 AM »
i listened from 99-December of 2005, the Artie years were insane. Artie might be one of the most naturally talented comedians of all time. He used to go off ad I would have to pull over to collect myself.
He's truly a flawed human, but god damn is he funny.
Anyone see him on the show "crashing" 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2f7NWgYKFI

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 09:43:00 AM »
All of the bits where he’d get the girls to ride the sybian were great. Even got Carmen Electra to do it  ;D

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 10:00:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah, Fake Jerry was the worst.

Oh i 100% agree John k is scum... stern kept trying to get billy to “apologize” to John, but billy stood his ground. Glad billy’s successful now (futurama, Doug, ren & stimpy)..

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 10:04:58 AM »
i listened from 99-December of 2005, the Artie years were insane. Artie might be one of the most naturally talented comedians of all time. He used to go off ad I would have to pull over to collect myself.

Norm might be my favorite comedian of all time...

Apparently the second part of that video he has his back to robin a good portion of the segment because they were fueding around that time... i dunno why i find it so funny. Especially when he sits on the arm of the couch with his back to her..

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »

pleasant pheasant

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 04:08:03 PM »
he was even good on MADtv which otherwise sucked. remember 'my white mama?' "don't make me break my foot off in your ass!"
hope he's doing well.

duster1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 04:44:48 PM »
Skating and Baitin

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2021, 05:32:20 PM »
“May your first child be a masculine child” high pitch voice

https://youtu.be/KHVA_aQHBZg

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2021, 09:20:17 PM »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 01:28:03 PM »
I was always a huge fan but have found I've only listened to one or two shows since I began working from home last March. Apparently, without my commute, I just don't care.

That said, I'd pay my Sirrius subscription fee for a Sour Shoes show any day.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 08:26:09 PM »
I’m a huge Stern Show fan but I can’t stand Howard and Robin. I like Ronnie, Gary, Sal, Fred and the Wack Pack. I miss Artie and my favorite thing used to be Artie telling Howard what he was eating for breakfast. Hawaiian Punch, bagels, cupcakes etc. I can’t stand Marianne from Brooklyn and I’ll change the station when she gets on.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 09:53:47 PM »
Artie Vs Crystal Clear was pretty epic
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021, 12:50:16 AM »
Artie Vs Crystal Clear was pretty epic

I just saw somewhere that the bitch has a pretty long criminal record with drugs and what not. No surprise I guess.

I am a huge fan but admit I lost steam in the last 6-7 years. Apparently it has to do with this Marci bitch that really turned things over there. Anyone hear the story about Scott The Engineer and how he got fired? Apparently his wife died of cancer and he brought some date to the Christmas party and she recorded some shit and didn't want to delete it. By the end of it, they fired Scott because of it but gave him a settlement and a gag order to sign. Really sad how most of the OGs as well as the wack pack are gone.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2021, 01:30:42 PM »
This might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen on stern...

https://youtu.be/rC2tAI3Jr5I

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 07:33:15 PM »
i don't know if i've ever heard his radio show. not sure if it's ever been on in australia, certainly not outside of major cities anyway.

when i was a kid i used to see private parts at the video shop and was always fascinated by it but was never able to get it out.

thanks to seeing this thread i was prompted to watch the movie just now. it was a cute little movie. don't have much to contribute, but thank you, i just fulfilled a childhood dream.

That's a little weird thing about growing up and going to the movie store every week, to rent movies, back in the day. There were always movies you never rented, but always saw the cover to, and as a kid you just kind of made up a story in your head what the movie was about.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 11:35:33 PM »
listen to cosmic psychos