Author Topic: Canvas: The Skateboarding Documentary (1998) Guy Mariano, Heath Kirchart, etc.  (Read 1862 times)

FeechLaManna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • long story short, I got my foot in her snatch-
Never heard of or seen this until they brought it up on Reynolds' Stop& Chat episode. Worth the watch just for cornrow era Guy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:34:21 AM by FeechLaManna »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
That was really cool to watch. Mullen, Mike York, Jeron Wilson, Reynolds etc. what a mad crew. I started skating a few years later but that slice of life really brought back a lot of memories. Gershon didn't even look like he was trying at those demos and he killed it.

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I remember when this came out and thinking damn that’s a random crew for a Globe video being that most of those peeps didn’t ride for them.  Also not being able to find it anywhere.  Decent watch all these years later. 

artskool

• Rep: 30
Fun video watch. Heavy lineup, footage is 50% Gershon destroying it. Some gems from everybody though. That Heath bs flip. Rodney talking like he's a 90 years old wise man when he's maybe 35.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
It was on that trip that Gershon fell out with Reynolds which led to the first punching the latter.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
I remember watching this way back in the day. Gershon was crazy; easily the one who crushed it the hardest on that tour. He definitely doesn’t get his due credit for how insane he was at skating.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that that girl who got her tits signed by all of them was just a teenager at the time; crazy that they left that in there.

Also, was this really the tour that the Reynolds/Gershon fallout happened? I thought it happened later on, like when Reynolds had already started Baker, but maybe I was mistaken.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
I find it hilarious that Rodney is 31/32 in this vid constantly talking about how much of an old man he is.

fur lined sea

• Rep: 233
Such a random video that left me very confused as a 13 year old. I didn't have many videos when I bought this and all I wanted to see was street skating, not people talking. I would watch it without having a clue about anyone except maybe Mullen and Reynolds. I'm pretty sure they don't even interview Guy. All I can remember him saying is 'where da bud at fool?'. For a second I thought he was some random guy they picked up along the way. He bangs out a switch 360 flip on a bank in between Gershon skating everything else.

Rodney talking made me think he was older than my grandfather at the time.

Gershon seemed like the most serious dude on the trip.

I'm surprised Mike York never became my favourite skater after this. He's pretty funny throughout the whole thing.

You could say that Globe Canvas made me depressed for years @Bronson

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:39:28 PM by larry leadfoot »
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
eishhh that bit where they sign that young girls boobs is definitely not right. They got the oldest guy on the trip to talk on camera about it, then Heath gets in the car with her and shuts the door... Then they actually put the clip of her showing her signed boobs in the final edit.

If only Rodney was a bit older and wiser, maybe he could've sensed it was off

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
eishhh that bit where they sign that young girls boobs is definitely not right. They got the oldest guy on the trip to talk on camera about it, then Heath gets in the car with her and shuts the door... Then they actually put the clip of her showing her signed boobs in the final edit.

Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
I saw this  once years ago. I think on fuel tv. Looking forward to watching it. 

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
Expand Quote

[close]

In one of the old Big Brother videos Rob G was messing around with 16 year olds overseas, but maybe the age of consent is different over there.  Kenny Reed was known to be taking part in those liberties as well. Either way that’s strange and I’m absolutely sure that was pretty rampant amongst pro skaters and it probably still is.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
Kenny Reed finally outed as an asian sex tourist and not the mysteryman "braindead traveler" weve been lead to believe the past 2 decades. 2021 is gonna be some shit fellas.

free max b
FREE MAX B

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
Best part is Guy west siding at 4:59

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Kenny Reed finally outed as an asian sex tourist and not the mysteryman "braindead traveler" weve been lead to believe the past 2 decades. 2021 is gonna be some shit fellas.

free max b

Don't you put that evil on us!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m