Author Topic: bs 360  (Read 5542 times)

Fish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
bs 360
« on: August 03, 2015, 07:38:53 AM »
First of all, excuse my English.
I'd like to create a small discusion and get an advice or two about the trick.
I've noticed people are struggling to do the trick properly but when they finally find out 'secret' they can do it like every try. And there are people who don't get it at all. Maybe it is not the best topic to discuss but it always bothers me, there has to be something that makes this trick easy to do but hard to learn.
So there comes my issue, I simply can't do it even 270 because my board doesn't stick to feet or I land only with back foot while front is far away. I've been trying it on thousand ways but can't find the good one. I'm determined to learn the trick, eventually, so I'd like to ask you for any advice, something like 'secret'. Maybe I should learn bs 360 no comply to get that feeling and scoop properly my board with that back foot?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
Re: bs 360
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:18:32 AM »
You talk funny, but not funny enough. I can't do this trick either

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 08:51:47 AM »
If you wanna do it the scoop/ 1 footed way watch goemann his are the best www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8dbWKry7w www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsH_ksG6tVs

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »
i would try getting bs 180 with a pivot down first. just learn it going slow and slowly start going faster. youll get the feel for spinning it around and then you can work the pivot out of the trick. ive always had to do them with some pivot, but if you get it going fast enough and spin smooth enough its still really fun.

another thing to think about is make sure you wind up your shoulders a lot and get them spinning before you pop. try to look over your back shoulder and make your upper body get around at least 270 as fast as you can. if you can get 270 you can slide or pivot the rest pretty easily.

Fish

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
You talk funny, but not funny enough. I can't do this trick either
There was no intension to make it funny :D
I'll check him for sure.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 10:48:42 PM »
i would try getting bs 180 with a pivot down first. just learn it going slow and slowly start going faster. youll get the feel for spinning it around and then you can work the pivot out of the trick. ive always had to do them with some pivot, but if you get it going fast enough and spin smooth enough its still really fun.

another thing to think about is make sure you wind up your shoulders a lot and get them spinning before you pop. try to look over your back shoulder and make your upper body get around at least 270 as fast as you can. if you can get 270 you can slide or pivot the rest pretty easily.

This. If the looking over your shoulder trick doesn't work, try staring at your back foot. Works for me. Good luck.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 11:40:05 PM »
Because Slap loves this guy and channel

HOW TO BACKSIDE 360 THE EASIEST WAY TUTORIAL
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:14 PM »
It's all shoulders and back foot..

Wind up frontside.
Start spinning your arms and then upper body backside.
Once you're a bit past being parallel to the board, scoop the back foot properly. If you don't know how to scoop just stand around and do backfoot shuvs all day.
Spin a full 360 and land. Don't do that regular pivot stuff.

I keep my front foot slightly pointed forward, and the back foot straight in the dump. For flips point your back foot backwards.
Also if you can do full cabs it's a lot easier to understand the motion of the spin, again, no regular pivot stuff.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 04:54:56 AM »

Wind up frontside.
Once you're a bit past being parallel to the board, scoop the back foot properly. If you don't know how to scoop just stand around and do backfoot shuvs all day.

I keep my front foot slightly pointed forward, and the back foot straight in the dump. For flips point your back foot backwards.
Also if you can do full cabs it's a lot easier to understand the motion of the spin, again, no regular pivot stuff.

^THIS!

abudabi

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 01:58:20 PM »
yeah the scoop thing is the most important.
when i do a good one it almost feels like my foot is wrapping the board like an impossible.

people usually do pivoted ones in a way that's entirely different from the fully rotated ones.
a lot of people lean way too far forward and treat it like an overrated back 180 (which doesnt work). you gotta scoop.

sometimes i lose this trick and it bums me out cause i like them. just kinda comes and goes.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
I can't do this trick good....but some dude gave me the advice of just loosen up and it works.....get your arms all spaghetti like and swing em....

baravettski

• Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
Expand Quote

Wind up frontside.

[close]

^THIS!

Thanks! This fucking trick has been killing me. One time a homie said "do an impossible but go with it" and I did one but not since. Best advice so far but I'm gonna try this biz too and see what happens. I've heard doing it off a curb can help too. Goddamn trick.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 06:51:57 AM »
yeah the scoop thing is the most important.
when i do a good one it almost feels like my foot is wrapping the board like an impossible.

people usually do pivoted ones in a way that's entirely different from the fully rotated ones.
a lot of people lean way too far forward and treat it like an overrated back 180 (which doesnt work). you gotta scoop.

sometimes i lose this trick and it bums me out cause i like them. just kinda comes and goes.

I'm backing this. That pivot shit is a waste of time. I don't understand how people go straight for the flat. I learned back 360's over a small euro gap, then took it them to flat. The hangtime gave me some feeling for what was going on.

And yes, you kind of have to keep your legs "in front" of the torso. Hence, slipping out is alright. Same as with the fronside 360, only backside is much more difficult. The only people who can do this trick synchronized are Cole and some other few.

changed1

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2023, 12:30:31 PM »
Bump because this trick eluded me for years and I FINALLY got them down.
There were two things that helped me learn them.

1. Scooped bs 180s. feel your back leg move through your body and the front foot will naturally stay close to the body.

2. Learn how to properly wind up. My leading arm goes behind my back and my back arm goes across my chest for the wind up. One of my biggest problems when learning was only winding up one arm/shoulder.

Put them together. Think about doing a perfect scooped Bs 180 while doing that perfect windup. This keeps the board glued to the feet all Dekeyzer like. Play around with the foot positioning. Some days I set my back foot up like a 360 flip with my toes hanging off. Other days I dig my toes in to the pocket.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 10:31:35 PM by changed1 »