Author Topic: Berrics/Olympics (What's not to like?)  (Read 4207 times)

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Berrics/Olympics (What's not to like?)
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2021, 10:46:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I wish Louie and Jamie weren't in there.
[close]

Knowing Louie will be skating a FA deck at the Olympics makes me happy for Dill in some weird way. Same for MJ, Dashawn, etc.

I hope that Louie rides a board thats heavy in FA branding in hopes that it'll say "fucking awesome" on global tv and they'll have to scramble to blur it out. I wonder if they'll be able to blur it out on an instant replay quick enough in the 10/15 second duration that occurs shortly after a trick is landed. Call me immature but i genuinely find that thought entertaining

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2021, 10:51:28 PM »
I haven’t read the entire threat but I assume plenty of people have said that Jagger Eaton is the worst, right? Because he is.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2021, 11:19:36 PM »
you guys have sent the screwdriver rape to the olympics right?

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2021, 11:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Knowing Louie will be skating a FA deck at the Olympics makes me happy for Dill in some weird way. Same for MJ, Dashawn, etc.
[close]

I hope that Louie rides a board thats heavy in FA branding in hopes that it'll say "fucking awesome" on global tv and they'll have to scramble to blur it out. I wonder if they'll be able to blur it out on an instant replay quick enough in the 10/15 second duration that occurs shortly after a trick is landed. Call me immature but i genuinely find that thought entertaining

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

rawbacon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2021, 11:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jagger Eaton has such a bad style. How can you skate that good/much and still look so gross on the board.
[close]
This. Some tricks that are great on paper but ugggggggggggly to watch. I saw a post-run interview on Park Series where he spoke so fast and hyper, i think someone forgot to tell him you're not meant to drink the red bull, just wear the hat. He's so corny on camera too, like if The Mickey Mouse Club had a skate division
[close]

lets just hope the people broadcasting the olympics zoom in on his legs strobeck style so you don't have to see his arms

that would be hilarious, hopefully people will finally realize that the fat bill face zoom is the worst thing in skate videos and is only eclipsed by what ty evans turned into. chris ray also sucks and chase gabor needs to be castrated and thrown in jail. wtf kind of name is jagger, anyway?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2021, 11:36:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jagger Eaton has such a bad style. How can you skate that good/much and still look so gross on the board.
[close]
This. Some tricks that are great on paper but ugggggggggggly to watch. I saw a post-run interview on Park Series where he spoke so fast and hyper, i think someone forgot to tell him you're not meant to drink the red bull, just wear the hat. He's so corny on camera too, like if The Mickey Mouse Club had a skate division
[close]

lets just hope the people broadcasting the olympics zoom in on his legs strobeck style so you don't have to see his arms

[close]

that would be hilarious, hopefully people will finally realize that the fat bill face zoom is the worst thing in skate videos and is only eclipsed by what ty evans turned into. chris ray also sucks and chase gabor needs to be castrated and thrown in jail. wtf kind of name is jagger, anyway?

his yuppie ass parents probably named him after mick jagger. he probably has a brother named lennon or plant.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2021, 11:42:26 PM »
No joke, he has a brother named Koston Eaton.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

rawbacon

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2021, 12:53:02 AM »

lol, whut?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2021, 03:38:44 AM »
I don’t think anyone’s taking bets on if it’s happening or not I dunno mang for me that’s pretty telling
listen to cosmic psychos

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2021, 04:23:24 AM »

You got to be fucking joking. So his parents planned for this to happen?

Or maybe the plan went wrong and he should have been the rock star in the collection of trophy children? Might explain the arms.

rawbacon

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2021, 05:03:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or maybe the plan went wrong and he should have been the rock star in the collection of trophy children? Might explain the arms.
i wonder what his middle name is? mcnuggets, maybe? koston mcnugget eatin?

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2021, 05:06:30 AM »
They're both on Heart Supply with Bam and Novak as well. I have no idea why Cab is associated with this brand.

But here's another zinger, Camp Schill is Schillereff's kid. No idea what bongo he was drumming when he thought up that one.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2021, 05:38:49 AM »
like if The Mickey Mouse Club had a skate division

I mean he kind of is that already

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2021, 05:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote
The Olympics are far from any kinda real representation of skateboarding but a lot of ppl that are super against it are failing to see that this is good for the industry and for skate shops cuz lets face it - most skaters don't spend money in their local skateshops to keep it sustainable.

So if we can take one good thing from it then at least see that retail in general has been slowly dying, especially in skateboarding. I bet no core skateshop owners and their staff are complaining about the Olympics cuz its gonna be good for business.

Who cares what it represents. Skateboarding has become a well oiled money making machine for awhile now. It ain't gonna change anytime soon - better get used to it!

There's always gonna be your core skate rat, your part-timer and your comp kid.

The Berrics are lame - no arguments there!
[close]

why do you hate the berrics so much? You said in another thread that Berra is a child molester. Is there something you would like to come forward about?
scientology and Steve has always been a kook.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Nigel Houston

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2021, 07:32:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You raise an interesting point. What is the policy towards board graphics in the Olympics?

In Olympics snowboarding, everyone kind of rides blank boards with a simple logo on it. That logo, turns out, is in most cases the clothing sponsor because they pay the most money and they can't wear their clothing sponsor's gear, since they wear uniforms. So Chloe Kim would ride a board that says Roxy, her clothing sponsor, although they don't make boards.

Does anyone have info about skating in the Olympics and uniforms, board graphics, logo display etc?

Your Cousin Marvin

• Rep: -144
  • Having my poasts moderated makes me sad
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2021, 08:26:15 AM »
Pretty sure they're going to use those USA boards they were holding up for that group photo
1:1 Ratio

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2021, 08:44:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/kostoneaton/?hl=en

holy shit, he aint kidding. I know jagger was literally groomed by his parents to be a x games skater.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2021, 09:17:57 AM »
Looks like his brother has a better style than him tbf

So weird that skating has gone so far that we could soon have a pro skater who was named after another pro skater
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2021, 09:27:08 AM »
giving your kid someone elses last name as their first name is pretty cringe...

Kinda makes you wonder too. Is our generation going to force are future kids to skate and will skateboarding reach a point where no one picks it up naturally anymore.

conqueso

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
So weird that skating has gone so far that we could soon have a pro skater who was named after another pro skater

not sure it counts since these kids parents paid for them to be pro/olympians

shoutout to novak for landing a legit spot on the heart supply skateboards. that truly is some next level connery.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2021, 09:36:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not sure it counts since these kids parents paid for them to be pro/olympians

shoutout to novak for landing a legit spot on the heart supply skateboards. that truly is some next level connery.

Yeah what the fuck ?

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in