Author Topic: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element  (Read 42694 times)

n0torious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 153
Re: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2021, 08:23:06 AM »
A) Since when are the Nike checks stopping? He’s going to be on Nike for as long as they have a skateboarding team
B) He has a zillion other sponsors (how many millions does Monster pay him to wear that hat?), and I would wager that his board sponsor was one of the ones that paid the least
C) How do you know he hasn’t invested his money?

To be clear, I still think he’s another rich rube who is about to get conned out of a bunch of money on his skate company no one wants, but I hardly think this marks the end of Nyjah

A) He's off Nike. Reps are calling shops and recalling his shoes without explanation. That's over.
B) It's likely all of his deals have a character clause where if he does something that puts the company in a bad light, they can release him from his contract without any financial obligation. And if Nike smells a situation they want to avoid, expect his other large corporate sponsors to do the same. There are plenty of people that will wear a monster hat that don't have credible allegations of rape.
C) He drives a Lamborghini and lives in a cocaine-mania styled mansion. He throws giant parties and has an army of sycophants. I haven't seen his bank account...but does that sound like someone who planned for the future?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2021, 08:30:46 AM »
hollly shit nyjah is gonna go from Element and Nike to Disorder and Cariuma or some shit like that

love to see it

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2021, 08:52:58 AM »
Nyjah's gonna make another million off of "Piles" clothing...
Every Rave girl who has never heard the term "Pile" before this clothing company is goin go to nuts for this stuff.

#PyleLyfe #EDM #AD

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2021, 09:31:52 AM »
I'm guessing Hush Money skateboards was already trademarked.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »
Expand Quote
A) Since when are the Nike checks stopping? He’s going to be on Nike for as long as they have a skateboarding team
B) He has a zillion other sponsors (how many millions does Monster pay him to wear that hat?), and I would wager that his board sponsor was one of the ones that paid the least

To be clear, I still think he’s another rich rube who is about to get conned out of a bunch of money on his skate company no one wants, but I hardly think this marks the end of Nyjah
[close]

A) He's off Nike. Reps are calling shops and recalling his shoes without explanation. That's over.
B) It's likely all of his deals have a character clause where if he does something that puts the company in a bad light, they can release him from his contract without any financial obligation. And if Nike smells a situation they want to avoid, expect his other large corporate sponsors to do the same. There are plenty of people that will wear a monster hat that don't have credible allegations of rape.
C) He drives a Lamborghini and lives in a cocaine-mania styled mansion. He throws giant parties and has an army of sycophants. I haven't seen his bank account...but does that sound like someone who planned for the future?

You’re going to have to provide evidence that he is no longer on Nike. He still has a page on their website, lists Nike as a sponsor on his Instagram, and Nike SB’s page still has plenty of Nyjah clips. I see no evidence that they have severed ties
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Blinded

• Rep: -20
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2021, 09:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You’re going to have to provide evidence that he is no longer on Nike. He still has a page on their website, lists Nike as a sponsor on his Instagram, and Nike SB’s page still has plenty of Nyjah clips. I see no evidence that they have severed ties

Slap might as well be Parler. Conspiracy after conspiracy.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2021, 09:59:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Slap might as well be Parler. Conspiracy after conspiracy.

I have been hearing that Nike is cutting pro skateboarding since 2008. Unless Nyjah is facing some major allegations, supported by evidence, I think it’s incredibly unlikely that they are dropping their star athlete who everyone assumes is going to win Olympic Gold in six months
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2021, 10:00:52 AM »

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2021, 10:03:47 AM »
w     a     c     k

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2021, 10:04:33 AM »
I think it’s incredibly unlikely that they are dropping their star athlete who everyone assumes is going to win Olympic Gold in six months

You're right. They're not dropping Yuto.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2021, 10:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I think it’s incredibly unlikely that they are dropping their star athlete who everyone assumes is going to win Olympic Gold in six months
[close]

You're right. They're not dropping Yuto. Kevin Terpening
this whole time he's been training for one thing...

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2021, 10:18:19 AM »
ylal gettin trolled with nyjah of nike. he is 100% still ON i mean bro they had slaves making thier shoes for decades, prob still do. u think they care if their boy catches a case or two here and there? i heard jordan wasnt such a nice guy irl he still getting cheques  ;D ;D ;D

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2021, 10:42:41 AM »
I read at least one tweet yesterday saying Nike has been calling shops to tell them to send back the Nyjah shoes. I have no idea if it's true, but can anyone confirm that by checking their local shop? Don't call and ask them to corroborate a rumor from Slap, but maybe check their inventory and see if they have Nyjahs in stock. If you know they had the shoes in stock yesterday, and they're gone today; that may give us some insight. Also, are they still up on Nike.com? I automatically get routed to the Nike Canada site if I check that. The Nyjah shoes are still in stock there (though only in one colourway and on clearance), but Canada tends to be behind on pretty much everything, so I put no stock in that either way.

Edit: Checked on some American shops on my own. Nyjah's Nikes are currently in stock in the online stores for CCS, Tactics, Zumiez, SPoT, Labor, Seasons, Black Sheep, Nocturnal, 35th North, and Bluetile. Only shop I checked that sells Nikes but doesn't have the Nyjahs in stock was Skate Warehouse, and I have no idea if they had them in stock previously. If Nike is calling stores to send back the Nyjah shoes, they've missed a lot of shops.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 10:53:44 AM by Crap »

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2021, 10:53:15 AM »
He's on the Nike SB team page and his shoes are on Nike.com. Whoever thinks Nike is dropping him is crazy.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2021, 11:24:16 AM »

Is that dude going to practice varial flips or roll over to the grass and sit down to eat his packed lunch?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2021, 12:06:04 PM »
He's on the Nike SB team page and his shoes are on Nike.com. Whoever thinks Nike is dropping him is crazy.
this. The allegations have been around for years.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2021, 12:08:25 PM »
highly doubt the nyjah of nike thing is true

they're definitely planning an Olympic colourway(s) of his shoe

Blinded

• Rep: -20
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this. The allegations have been around for years.

Until i see some evidence i'm going to treat this just like the people that thought the election was stolen. /ignore

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2021, 12:22:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He’s got enough money to try this for a year then take a huge pay cut to get on plan b and “not have to be calling shops about orders you know?? Just back on my board sending it with the homies. Shout out to my butler Dinner.” As if he was running this out from of his under a bank ramp like Dance.

Then Crob says “right right you just wanna be out sending it with the homies I get it bro. We get it bro. And shout out to Dinner man.” As if he was finishing the sentence for him

Does David loy skate or does he just quote Bieber rape passed out girls and eat fake pills? How the fuck has that kid managed to coast for so long while looking like a 2021 Ali G but gone wrong and it’s not a joke.

Free max b
[close]

Nyjah's not going to be doing that anyways. This isn't a 'Trapasso running a company out of his own garage' situation, Nyjah would obviously be paying people to do all the real work here so he's free to live his playboy lifestyle uninterrupted.
[close]

I know reading comprehension isn't a common thing with skateboarders, but you really lost the plot.

Reading comprehension or sarcasm detection? I get it, just making a distinction here that most skaters that start companies actually run the companies and there's no way Nigel would be doing any heavy lifting in that department.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2021, 12:26:22 PM »
Nyjahs shoe actually sells really well believe it or not. It looks like a running shoe so it sells really well to non skaters and little kids that parents have disposable income. As far as the board brand he has a huge following so I think it will do somewhat decent. Numbers is different bc kids don’t care about Guy and Eric. But disorder skateboards is definitely up there for worst board company name in modern day skating. Kids love this cornball more than I hate him.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2021, 12:41:26 PM »
hope Colbourn lands somewhere legit

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2021, 12:45:38 PM »

this guy looks like this one dude that goes my local skatepark but only skates flatground and religiously follows the berrics game of skate. he also knows the name of every flip trick. the other day, he taught me what a "dolphin flip" is. whats interesting is that i never asked him.

TheDingus

« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2021, 12:57:03 PM »
Piles is another name for hemorrhoids. Just sayin.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • Free Max B
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2021, 01:08:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He’s got enough money to try this for a year then take a huge pay cut to get on plan b and “not have to be calling shops about orders you know?? Just back on my board sending it with the homies. Shout out to my butler Dinner.” As if he was running this out from of his under a bank ramp like Dance.

Then Crob says “right right you just wanna be out sending it with the homies I get it bro. We get it bro. And shout out to Dinner man.” As if he was finishing the sentence for him

Does David loy skate or does he just quote Bieber rape passed out girls and eat fake pills? How the fuck has that kid managed to coast for so long while looking like a 2021 Ali G but gone wrong and it’s not a joke.

Free max b
[close]

Nyjah's not going to be doing that anyways. This isn't a 'Trapasso running a company out of his own garage' situation, Nyjah would obviously be paying people to do all the real work here so he's free to live his playboy lifestyle uninterrupted.
[close]

I know reading comprehension isn't a common thing with skateboarders, but you really lost the plot.
[close]

Reading comprehension or sarcasm detection? I get it, just making a distinction here that most skaters that start companies actually run the companies and there's no way Nigel would be doing any heavy lifting in that department.
whoosh

I read at least one tweet yesterday saying Nike has been calling shops to tell them to send back the Nyjah shoes. I have no idea if it's true, but can anyone confirm that by checking their local shop? Don't call and ask them to corroborate a rumor from Slap, but maybe check their inventory and see if they have Nyjahs in stock. If you know they had the shoes in stock yesterday, and they're gone today; that may give us some insight. Also, are they still up on Nike.com? I automatically get routed to the Nike Canada site if I check that. The Nyjah shoes are still in stock there (though only in one colourway and on clearance), but Canada tends to be behind on pretty much everything, so I put no stock in that either way.

Edit: Checked on some American shops on my own. Nyjah's Nikes are currently in stock in the online stores for CCS, Tactics, Zumiez, SPoT, Labor, Seasons, Black Sheep, Nocturnal, 35th North, and Bluetile. Only shop I checked that sells Nikes but doesn't have the Nyjahs in stock was Skate Warehouse, and I have no idea if they had them in stock previously. If Nike is calling stores to send back the Nyjah shoes, they've missed a lot of shops.
chill bud, you got trolled by an obvious troll. solid investigative work though boss.

free max b

FREE MAX B

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2021, 01:21:02 PM »
This thread is just as fucked as I expected it to be. Love to see it.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2021, 01:56:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
this guy looks like this one dude that goes my local skatepark but only skates flatground and religiously follows the berrics game of skate. he also knows the name of every flip trick. the other day, he taught me what a "dolphin flip" is. whats interesting is that i never asked him.

Got a badonk like Hank Hill

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2021, 02:12:47 PM »
Whoa my shop just got the Disorder catalog email. It's for real.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2021, 02:15:11 PM »

leak the pdf

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2021, 02:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

leak the pdf

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2021, 02:32:10 PM »
google "coachella outfit" for leaked catalog