Author Topic: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element  (Read 42690 times)

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
Re: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2021, 02:37:46 PM »
Whoa my shop just got the Disorder catalog email. It's for real.

Ughhhh Gildan blanks are the shittiest. Nyjah of Element, on Shopify
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2021, 02:43:17 PM »
this is awful, but im not shocked. mall stores will probably be the only ones to carry this trash

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2021, 02:57:18 PM »
A cursory search on Instagram shows at least five companies marketing themselves as "Disorder" and selling skateboards
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2021, 03:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He’s got enough money to try this for a year then take a huge pay cut to get on plan b and “not have to be calling shops about orders you know?? Just back on my board sending it with the homies. Shout out to my butler Dinner.” As if he was running this out from of his under a bank ramp like Dance.

Then Crob says “right right you just wanna be out sending it with the homies I get it bro. We get it bro. And shout out to Dinner man.” As if he was finishing the sentence for him

Does David loy skate or does he just quote Bieber rape passed out girls and eat fake pills? How the fuck has that kid managed to coast for so long while looking like a 2021 Ali G but gone wrong and it’s not a joke.

Free max b
[close]

Nyjah's not going to be doing that anyways. This isn't a 'Trapasso running a company out of his own garage' situation, Nyjah would obviously be paying people to do all the real work here so he's free to live his playboy lifestyle uninterrupted.
[close]

I know reading comprehension isn't a common thing with skateboarders, but you really lost the plot.
[close]

Reading comprehension or sarcasm detection? I get it, just making a distinction here that most skaters that start companies actually run the companies and there's no way Nigel would be doing any heavy lifting in that department.

Sure ya do, buddy.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2021, 03:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Whoa my shop just got the Disorder catalog email. It's for real.

[close]
Ughhhh Gildan blanks are the shittiest. Nyjah of Element, on Shopify
Chris Cole a consultant on this?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »
Garbagio

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2021, 04:02:31 PM »
Oh good, first drop is utilizing a trend that's on it's way out.

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2021, 04:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
A) Since when are the Nike checks stopping? He’s going to be on Nike for as long as they have a skateboarding team
B) He has a zillion other sponsors (how many millions does Monster pay him to wear that hat?), and I would wager that his board sponsor was one of the ones that paid the least
C) How do you know he hasn’t invested his money?

To be clear, I still think he’s another rich rube who is about to get conned out of a bunch of money on his skate company no one wants, but I hardly think this marks the end of Nyjah
[close]

A) He's off Nike. Reps are calling shops and recalling his shoes without explanation. That's over.
B) It's likely all of his deals have a character clause where if he does something that puts the company in a bad light, they can release him from his contract without any financial obligation. And if Nike smells a situation they want to avoid, expect his other large corporate sponsors to do the same. There are plenty of people that will wear a monster hat that don't have credible allegations of rape.
C) He drives a Lamborghini and lives in a cocaine-mania styled mansion. He throws giant parties and has an army of sycophants. I haven't seen his bank account...but does that sound like someone who planned for the future?

"Reps are calling shops"

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2021, 04:09:13 PM »
Leaked from the first drop

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2021, 04:14:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it’s incredibly unlikely that they are dropping their star athlete who everyone assumes is going to win Olympic Gold in six months
[close]

You're right. They're not dropping Yuto.

I don’t think there will be an olympics this year
listen to cosmic psychos

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2021, 04:27:30 PM »

i would not look good in these.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2021, 04:28:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it’s incredibly unlikely that they are dropping their star athlete who everyone assumes is going to win Olympic Gold in six months
[close]

You're right. They're not dropping Yuto.
In this case, being an American Gold Medal contender means the most. A ridiculous amount of free coverage comes from that. While, I do think nationality in terms of marketing in skateboarding is generally bullshit, when it comes to mainstream coverage in the United States, an American winning a gold medal is insanely valued by a company like Nike or Adidas. An American on Nike winning gold is likely more valued by them than anyone else on the team winning even if they have contenders from Brazil, Australia and Japan. Obviously though, Nyjah winning in Nike than all these rumors being substantiated with him on Nike is a massive PR nightmare.

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2021, 04:49:43 PM »

I appreciate the placement of the graphic draws ones eye to your moose knuckle

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2021, 05:51:04 PM »
theres a rumor going around that the olympics have been cancelled and it just hasn't been announced yet. putting my tinfoil hat on, imma say nike knows that and is making the calculated assessment that ninejahs stock is going to bust soon 

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2021, 06:55:39 PM »
These are different times, but everyone saying Nike is going to drop Nyjah as a result of social media rape rumors are forgetting they rode with Kobe during an actual tape trial.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2021, 07:11:12 PM »
These are different times, but everyone saying Nike is going to drop Nyjah as a result of social media rape rumors are forgetting they rode with Kobe during an actual tape trial.
Nyjah is closer to Daryl Angel on the Nike corporate radar than Kobe. NikeSB is a trendy department that makes a ton of hypebeasts who don't really care about Nyjah, and a ton of different skaters who will stay a fan of Nike Nyjah or not. Kobe was their Jordan replacement. Nyjah is their P-Rod replacement.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2021, 07:38:39 PM »

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2021, 07:59:39 PM »
Nyjah's demographic isn't the 30+ crowd. It's kids with the 25+ scenester crowd that he hangs out with. If his brand is done correctly it'll do well, I think people are underestimating his selling power. 

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2021, 08:11:01 PM »
theres a rumor going around that the olympics have been cancelled and it just hasn't been announced yet. putting my tinfoil hat on, imma say nike knows that and is making the calculated assessment that ninejahs stock is going to bust soon

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/japan-govt-has-privately-concluded-tokyo-olympics-will-have-to-be-cancelled-because-of-coronavirus-the-times-citing-senior-ruling-coalition-member-20210122-p56w3i.html

confirmed
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2021, 08:29:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/japan-govt-has-privately-concluded-tokyo-olympics-will-have-to-be-cancelled-because-of-coronavirus-the-times-citing-senior-ruling-coalition-member-20210122-p56w3i.html

confirmed
Why don't they just put them in a bubble like the NBA did? Have them take a test maybe a month or so beforehand, fly them out to Japan, and stay bubbled until the end? I know this is a way bigger scale than the NBA but it's possible.

conqueso

« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2021, 08:54:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nyjah is closer to Daryl Angel on the Nike corporate radar than Kobe

this is not true. jah has had big time nike commercials. can daryl angel even get a box in 2021?

CAaegir

• Rep: 2
    • Aegir Boardworks avatar image
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2021, 08:57:01 PM »

That 17 year difference is crucial, tho. Whole nother world.
Aegir Boardworks
Brooklyn's Surf & Skate Shop Since 2012
www.aegirboardworks.com

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2021, 09:11:13 PM »
I can see Nyah making it to the next Olympics but can nike out up with his shenanigans for another 3 years? Doubt it.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2021, 09:11:25 PM »
I was suckered by a tweet.

I don't know how you do a bubble with something as complicated as the Olympics. Thousands of athletes from all over the world? Do you know how much sex they have in Olympic Village? Nyjah goes super spreader every opportunity he gets. David Loy probably caught COVID twice. Sinner three times. Arf.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 10:13:45 PM by n0torious »

Wallysaves

• Rep: -6
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2021, 09:14:15 PM »
Nyjah on Monster Energy Skateboards

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2021, 10:12:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nyjah is closer to Daryl Angel on the Nike corporate radar than Kobe. NikeSB is a trendy department that makes a ton of hypebeasts who don't really care about Nyjah, and a ton of different skaters who will stay a fan of Nike Nyjah or not. Kobe was their Jordan replacement. Nyjah is their P-Rod replacement.
there was really no need to insult p-rod, damn. although he is partly responsible for opening the floodgates of "selling out," he has at least shown some class over the years as opposed to nyjah. when i read that p-rod had no intention of ever being in the olympics for skating, it almost renewed my faith in humanity. plus, like you said, nyjah is closer to daryl angel on the nike radar.
i dunno, maybe im just talking out of my ass

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
Why don't they just put them in a bubble like the NBA did? Have them take a test maybe a month or so beforehand, fly them out to Japan, and stay bubbled until the end? I know this is a way bigger scale than the NBA but it's possible.

There's no way they won't bubble, Olympics approaching 6 months away and US Covid numbers are out of control.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2021, 02:05:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
[close]

There's no way they won't bubble, Olympics approaching 6 months away and US Covid numbers are out of control.

Hopefully the Olympics are no more?  I remember seeing a documentary where they were reporting that Barcelona '92 was the last event that actually brought positivity to the city (see all the spots) but take Athens for example and it has been just prepped up for the events and left there.

We used to do a fair in an Olympics stadium there and it looks like a high school gym from the 80's.

Olympics are a money scam regardless.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2021, 03:49:27 AM »

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2021, 05:09:56 AM »
^ I wanna see a Baker, Zero, 5Boro(2000's) version of that.