Author Topic: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element  (Read 43113 times)

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 910
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
Re: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2021, 08:24:45 PM »
Weck makin big moves in 2021

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2021, 08:45:11 PM »
Nike boards. Been calling it for years.

nyjah on audi boards
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2021, 08:52:06 PM »
nyjah on plan b

cookie on enjoi

dom on flow somewhere

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2021, 09:12:54 PM »

It was ever gonna happen... Guy and Koston’s shit went tits up. Nigel’s available. They’re all getting checks already.

Time machine to ten years from now: Nike decks, trucks, and wheels are the best selling hardgoods in the world. Vans are the only other shoe company still standing.

Hombreezy

« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2021, 09:13:41 PM »
Nyjah next pro for thrasher skateboards

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2021, 09:28:06 PM »
I was on their site 2 days ago & saw this atleast coming
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1659
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2021, 09:33:39 PM »
I had a premonition last night.  A new company was started that is skateboarding adjacent.

Mike Mo

Sheckler

Nyjah

Each of their mothers start a company where all of the graphics are their own photos.  All posters sold will be laminated.  All skateboard decks will be slicks.....because.... you know.

Brand name: Succulent
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 09:43:24 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2021, 09:41:21 PM »
I’d love to see nyjah on zero, only to imagine the arguments between him and jt over pants.
Imagine those dueling out of touch arguments. Only for neither of them to realize that baggy is the pant trend to jump on for clout currently. Maybe they'll get lucky in 2022 when shit moves on from 93, but I doubt it.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2021, 11:17:18 PM »
Nyjah to Plan B makes sense.

Could see Coookie on Krooked, Uma Landsled, or Worble (seems like they do their own one-off boards occasionally) in the meantime until he gets on something else.

Domo, I have no idea. I don't follow him. Could see flow for Primitive/April or something with Maxallure.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2021, 12:51:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was ever gonna happen... Guy and Koston’s shit went tits up. Nigel’s available. They’re all getting checks already.

Time machine to ten years from now: Nike decks, trucks, and wheels are the best selling hardgoods in the world. Vans are the only other shoe company still standing.

Why are people so convinced that Nike wants to make hardgoods? What’s the business sense behind it - The margins from it would be dogshit compared to what they already make from shoes and clothing. The board companies that make the most money are the ones that also sell the most clothing (FA, Polar, Palace, Anti-Hero), since they already got an SB apparel line then what’s the point?

Nike doesn’t even have the best selling basketball (Wilson does), and their golf balls are literally some other brand they just paint a swoosh on. If they aren’t investing in the hardgoods of those markets (especially hoops) why the hell would they invest in skateboarding like that?

I know this is Slap, but we’re smarter than this. At most you will see cheap completes that are sold in international markets that lack skateshops like China or India, but I even doubt that.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2021, 01:09:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why are people so convinced that Nike wants to make hardgoods? What’s the business sense behind it - The margins from it would be dogshit compared to what they already make from shoes and clothing. The board companies that make the most money are the ones that also sell the most clothing (FA, Polar, Palace, Anti-Hero), since they already got an SB apparel line then what’s the point?

Nike doesn’t even have the best selling basketball (Wilson does), and their golf balls are literally some other brand they just paint a swoosh on. If they aren’t investing in the hardgoods of those markets (especially hoops) why the hell would they invest in skateboarding like that?

I know this is Slap, but we’re smarter than this. At most you will see cheap completes that are sold in international markets that lack skateshops like China or India, but I even doubt that.

Doubt that Nike would be interested in making hardgoods, for the reasons stated above.

Didn't Nike quit their golf program at large, stopped making clubs etc. They just make golf shoes and clothing. They got out of snowboarding a few years ago (as did Adidas last year). Same thing with hockey skates and equipment. I seems like they are not engaging in anything outside their core business, which is clothing and shoes.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2021, 01:15:54 AM »
Did they not notice Ray left?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2021, 03:09:44 AM »
nike is never gonna make hardgoods, they could make billions producing other stuff, which is all they care about. the only thing they'd do is license the swoosh to put on chinese hardwear. they will make zero money making skateboard components and they know this. i'd rather think they cut the sb program and all riders and have some models release under regular nike, basically killing their skateprogram, since their goal is to sell their shoes to hypebeasts and as many regular people as possible anyway. making hardgoods is a pure waste of resources for them.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2021, 03:24:41 AM »
nike is never gonna make hardgoods, they could make billions producing other stuff, which is all they care about. the only thing they'd do is license the swoosh to put on chinese hardwear. they will make zero money making skateboard components and they know this. i'd rather think they cut the sb program and all riders and have some models release under regular nike, basically killing their skateprogram, since their goal is to sell their shoes to hypebeasts and as many regular people as possible anyway. making hardgoods is a pure waste of resources for them.

I could see them cutting the skate program soon.

I mean everyone buys sb shoes now. Including brain dead hypebeasts. They really dont need skaters at all. They may keep a select few.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2021, 03:25:27 AM »
Did all this happen because johnny s left like when mason, evan, and greyson dipped when the TM left after that full length came out? Honestly just hope westgate can find a better home.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2021, 03:45:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember being stoked when Underworld Element first came out with the graffiti style, I had the Chris Hall everslick. So dope. Sad to see what they have become  :'(
[close]

It's not like they became this overnight.
[close]

Yeah really Stranger rode for them

Sorry Brehs I was of skateboarding for 20 years and didn‘t keep up so I missed the decline of Element and a bunch of other brands that used to be cool in the 90s such as Blind, Stereo or Plan B etc...
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2021, 05:03:38 AM »
Weck makin big moves in 2021

Chaz Ortiz beef at comments. But chad deleted his comments

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2021, 05:05:52 AM »
chaz on beef with everyone, lol.

alecjahr

• Rep: -111
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2021, 06:01:40 AM »
If they put cookie on Kroger with lame ass sebo walker I’ll be upset

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2021, 06:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I could see them cutting the skate program soon.

I mean everyone buys sb shoes now. Including brain dead hypebeasts. They really dont need skaters at all. They may keep a select few.

Part of the appeal of said shoes is the SB branding. It allows non-skaters to vicariously feel like they're a part of the (sub)culture. No way in hell they are going to get rid of the SB branding. None of those goofy dunk colorways (or even those Sperry-looking Janoskis) would sell if they were not marketed and sold as skateboarding footwear.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2021, 06:12:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Doubt that Nike would be interested in making hardgoods, for the reasons stated above.

Didn't Nike quit their golf program at large, stopped making clubs etc. They just make golf shoes and clothing. They got out of snowboarding a few years ago (as did Adidas last year). Same thing with hockey skates and equipment. I seems like they are not engaging in anything outside their core business, which is clothing and shoes.

Y’all are probably right. I’m just deeply distrustful of Nike. I could see them coming up with an evil plan to wipe out competitors and finally raise the price of decks when they own the market. Too much punk rock, corporate hate indoctrination for me to see that it’s not worth their time. Just let me believe they’re evil, ok?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2021, 06:27:52 AM »

Cookie on Kroger would be sick, ultimate gas discount
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2021, 06:35:21 AM »
cookie on kirkland not kroger g

get ya facts straight boul

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2021, 06:46:32 AM »
In other professional sports, does Nike have a large, eclectic team that they actively promote? Or a handful of household names?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2021, 06:51:16 AM »
In other professional sports, does Nike have a large, eclectic team that they actively promote? Or a handful of household names?

Nike doesn't promote skaters, skaters promote nike.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2021, 06:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Y’all are probably right. I’m just deeply distrustful of Nike. I could see them coming up with an evil plan to wipe out competitors and finally raise the price of decks when they own the market. Too much punk rock, corporate hate indoctrination for me to see that it’s not worth their time. Just let me believe they’re evil, ok?

It does amaze me how trustful a lot of people are of Nike who must be (maybe willfully) ignorant of how aggressive huge corporations can be in their business strategies. Nike don't own such a huge share of the skate shoe market just because they make good shoes and sponsor people's favourite skaters. Saying that though I'm not sure they'd have the same success taking over the deck market purely because they'd have no advantage with their products. Their decks would be identical to everyone else's so they'd have to either

A) come up with some new wonder tech, but they don't have any experience in that field like they did with shoes
B) undercut the competition massively for years until other deck companies dried up, but there probably aren't the margins to do this.

Neither of these things would really be worth it unless they decide that decks are a strong enough advertising tool, although everyone on the company would already be on Nike SB so it doesn't spread awareness much more.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2021, 06:58:50 AM »

What's wrong with free groceries?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2021, 07:16:36 AM »
It does amaze me how trustful a lot of people are of Nike who must be (maybe willfully) ignorant of how aggressive huge corporations can be in their business strategies. Nike don't own such a huge share of the skate shoe market just because they make good shoes and sponsor people's favourite skaters.

Wow great point because skater-owned shoe brands have been squeaky clean and ethical year after year.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2021, 07:24:23 AM »
I miss Kroger. Haven't had Kroger around me since 1986 I think. Used to buy hella 3 Musketeers in that MF.

The building still stands and exterior is the same, but it is one of those outdoorsy North Face, Patagonia, Columbia stores now. I'm a big fan of Patagonia, but every time I go in there, I get asked questions that come across to me like "r u sure u can afford Patagonia brah? Our clearance section is over here". Most likely me being paranoid, but I don't see them hounding other customers like that. Which usually sends me into a purchase-cheaper-online tizzy

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 57
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2021, 07:33:28 AM »
Surprised it took this long but... Who??