Author Topic: back from the dead / any old NYC'rs looking to skate?  (Read 1339 times)

overwaxed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 83
back from the dead / any old NYC'rs looking to skate?
« on: January 20, 2021, 08:06:31 AM »
Super excited to see this still exists - I was a regular way back when. The vibe seems the same!

I got back on a board for the first time in a long time and am enjoying it, anyone looking to skate in NYC (I'm in Greenpoint BK, but down for wherever). I'm 35 and rebuilding my muscle memory, so it would be cool to have someone to hang with while kids 20 years younger than me shred circles around me.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
Re: back from the dead / any old NYC'rs looking to skate?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:13:35 AM »
shout out to being 35 and living in Greenpoint. I've been trying to get back on the board but some injuries/the cold/being fat has made it impossible, so I stick to golf mostly.

Theres a ton of great spots in the hood though. The curb on Jewel btwn Meserole and Cayler was great but the TV shows are back in production so trailers are parked up and down the block

overwaxed

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 12:13:44 PM »
Oh word, I have a studio space right by there actually.

I've been hitting the basketball / racquetball court at the American Playground, nice little parking block situation there. 

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 12:20:59 PM »
You might be a little too young.

overwaxed

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 12:22:53 PM »
I'm an old soul - I migrated to the OG slap message board from alt.skate-board back in like 01'

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 04:39:39 PM »
Super excited to see this still exists - I was a regular way back when. The vibe seems the same!

I got back on a board for the first time in a long time and am enjoying it, anyone looking to skate in NYC (I'm in Greenpoint BK, but down for wherever). I'm 35 and rebuilding my muscle memory, so it would be cool to have someone to hang with while kids 20 years younger than me shred circles around me.

Beat it narc

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 05:13:26 PM »
If you dont mind me being 10 years younger lol I’m down. I hit up blue park every once in awhile.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 06:49:39 PM »
I'm an old soul - I migrated to the OG slap message board from alt.skate-board back in like 01'

the grey boards. yes I
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

overwaxed

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 07:35:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Beat it narc

Wait is this not the QAnon board? Sorry I'm in the wrong place!