Author Topic: Awkward Situations at the Skatepark  (Read 55825 times)

scab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 200
Re: Awkward Situations at the Skatepark
« Reply #510 on: January 31, 2023, 07:59:36 AM »
Some girl at my local recently told me that I have aged very well. I'm 33.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #511 on: January 31, 2023, 08:15:03 AM »
some guy came in and started talking about how there needs to be narcan behind the quarterpipe in the back

IpathCats

« Reply #512 on: January 31, 2023, 08:17:58 AM »

Sounds like something Brian Patch would say.

nutsass

• Rep: 8
« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2023, 08:40:04 AM »
When I was pretty young (maybe 12 or 13) some older guys at my park who were probably all in the range of 16-24 years old kept calling me gay and other homophobic slurs. My park was notorious for the regulars being extremely territorial. Anybody they didn’t know including kids were not welcome. It’s started to really bother me to the point of not wanting to go anymore. I didn’t like being harassed obviously, but I also grew up with gay relatives and was and still am repulsed by homophobia. I told my mom and she told me to ask what they’re gonna do about it. She guaranteed me they’d stop. I knew I personally wasn’t gay, but I decided to try it. I didn’t care if they thought I was gay, I just wanted them to leave me alone.

So sure enough next time I go to the park, I am about to drop in and one of the older guys cut me off and called me a faggot. When he comes back around, some of the other guys were around and I go “yeah I am fucking gay. What are you guys gonna do about it?” And they all got quiet and just looked confused as hell. It was super awkward. He then starts chuckling and says “haha he admits it.” So then I go “you guys seem to be really interested in the sexuality of little boys.” And then shit got REALLY awkward. They just kind of all shut up and finally left me alone. They never did accept me, but they never fucked with me again other than snaking me here and there. But man it was awkward as fuck every time I ran into those guys after this, but I loved it every time.

Hates homophobia yet uses the f slur

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2023, 08:47:26 AM »
I just read this whole thread and  "GORDON MY ANGEL" is still #1 I think.

Some interesting, crazy, and tragic stories though.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2023, 08:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like something Brian Patch would say.

Damn. As a guy with a shaved head and a beard, that one hit a little too close to home.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2023, 09:57:31 AM »
I just read this whole thread and  "GORDON MY ANGEL" is still #1 I think.

Some interesting, crazy, and tragic stories though.

Bro AHAHAHA

From time to time that story pops in my head and I can't not laugh it's too good

my bad cuh

« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2023, 06:13:21 PM »
was at the park the other day, just me, this other dude maybe a year older than me that seemed chill and these little ass kids that were getting in the way
was gonna try to make conversation with the guy but i busted my ass on something really easy and was therefore too embarrassed to speak to him for the rest of my time there
we were pretty much skating the exact same features and would exchange glances every few minutes when the little kids would populate the spots we were hitting
i feel awful but i think there was a mutual understanding

ThlapPalth

• Rep: -10
« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2023, 11:38:06 PM »
About 11 years ago I took my 12 year-old nephew to a skatepark in town he'd never been to and was really excited to skate. At some point a high school-aged couple walks past the park and starts asking everyone for money but no one is having it. They walk a few yards away from the park and start talking and all I hear is the dude say, "Come on, this'll work for sure." The chick walks back to where me, my nephew and most of the people at the park were and starts offering to show her titty for a dollar, or both for $2. Before I can even get my nephew out of there, she singles him out because he's youngest one there and, in her words, "definitely never seen no titties before."

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #519 on: February 01, 2023, 12:08:51 AM »
I was at the skatepark on a weekend morning with my wife one time and she was learning how to skate a little bit. This guy was there, probably like 50, full pads and helmet, and he's riding around learning to skate too. Nothing against old guys learning how to skate and padding up but I'm sure you know the kind of guy I mean.

I start skating the bowl for a bit and he comes up and starts watching me and then I get out and he starts talking my ear off about how he just learnt to skate in Costa Rica or something and he took lessons down there and all this shit. One of those guys who talks at you, not with you. I go in to take another run and as soon as I'm out he's talking to me again except this time he's talking about women and saying how he needs to find new women because he's already slept with all of the chicks in whatever nearby town he was from. At this point I'm over it so I skate off and start avoiding being near him.

I go over and hang with my wife again who is going down this little bank and then trying to kickturn on a QP and she's starting to get it and she's stoked just doing her own thing. I go to take a quick run on something else and when I come back 5 mins later this dude is like skating around my wife trying to teach her how to skate. My wife can generally handle her own shit so I give her a look and she raises her eyebrows at me and then I go and take another run on something else. I come back and the dude is still like hovering around her and he's telling her to do some thing where you ride up a bank, then turn sideways and tap the front trucks twice and then ride back down and idk I guess he was saying it's meant to unlock some tricks or whatever. She's trying it a little bit and then I make eye contact with her again and she gives me another 'look' so I roll over to the guy and say 'hey man just let her skate, she doesn't need your advice. by the way that tapping shit is wack'.

Well the guy puts on this whole victim thing and idk how but my wife starts to feel sorry for him and she's like 'you should apologize to him, he was just being nice' and I'm like 'fuck that' so she's like 'youre being a skatepark bully' and storms off and actually takes the car and drives off. My wife has a bit of crazy in her so i was just like whatever and rolled with it. So now I'm at the skatepark with this fucken weirdo dude who probably just thinks he's caused a divorce between my wife and I and he's still rolling around doing his wack tapping shit. It's definitely hella awkward and then he leaves and my wife ends up calling me and she's like sorry I just felt sorry for the guy and I told her the shit he was saying about sleeping with women and she's like omg sorry I didn't realize you were just looking out for me yadda yadda yadda...

That's my awkward story. I still see that guy around on weekend mornings and he just avoids me, like he'll leave 5 mins after I get there
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #520 on: February 01, 2023, 04:31:39 AM »
went to the park an early weekend morning and found hobos doing homo shit in the miniramp

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #521 on: February 01, 2023, 04:55:55 AM »
You know what it’s called when they do that in there?
It’s called a soup kitchen, pretty rough stuff
listen to cosmic psychos

IpathCats

« Reply #522 on: February 01, 2023, 11:03:43 AM »
I was at the skatepark on a weekend morning with my wife one time and she was learning how to skate a little bit. This guy was there, probably like 50, full pads and helmet, and he's riding around learning to skate too. Nothing against old guys learning how to skate and padding up but I'm sure you know the kind of guy I mean.

I start skating the bowl for a bit and he comes up and starts watching me and then I get out and he starts talking my ear off about how he just learnt to skate in Costa Rica or something and he took lessons down there and all this shit. One of those guys who talks at you, not with you. I go in to take another run and as soon as I'm out he's talking to me again except this time he's talking about women and saying how he needs to find new women because he's already slept with all of the chicks in whatever nearby town he was from. At this point I'm over it so I skate off and start avoiding being near him.

I go over and hang with my wife again who is going down this little bank and then trying to kickturn on a QP and she's starting to get it and she's stoked just doing her own thing. I go to take a quick run on something else and when I come back 5 mins later this dude is like skating around my wife trying to teach her how to skate. My wife can generally handle her own shit so I give her a look and she raises her eyebrows at me and then I go and take another run on something else. I come back and the dude is still like hovering around her and he's telling her to do some thing where you ride up a bank, then turn sideways and tap the front trucks twice and then ride back down and idk I guess he was saying it's meant to unlock some tricks or whatever. She's trying it a little bit and then I make eye contact with her again and she gives me another 'look' so I roll over to the guy and say 'hey man just let her skate, she doesn't need your advice. by the way that tapping shit is wack'.

Well the guy puts on this whole victim thing and idk how but my wife starts to feel sorry for him and she's like 'you should apologize to him, he was just being nice' and I'm like 'fuck that' so she's like 'youre being a skatepark bully' and storms off and actually takes the car and drives off. My wife has a bit of crazy in her so i was just like whatever and rolled with it. So now I'm at the skatepark with this fucken weirdo dude who probably just thinks he's caused a divorce between my wife and I and he's still rolling around doing his wack tapping shit. It's definitely hella awkward and then he leaves and my wife ends up calling me and she's like sorry I just felt sorry for the guy and I told her the shit he was saying about sleeping with women and she's like omg sorry I didn't realize you were just looking out for me yadda yadda yadda...

That's my awkward story. I still see that guy around on weekend mornings and he just avoids me, like he'll leave 5 mins after I get there

That's pretty fucked up how rude you were to the guy trying to tic tac himself into your wifes pants.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #523 on: February 01, 2023, 11:47:18 AM »
Funny how people think kids are so sensitive these days…..

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #524 on: February 01, 2023, 07:38:26 PM »
went to the park an early weekend morning and found hobos doing homo shit in the miniramp

FOR THE LAST TIME, ITS CALLED VERT DOUBLES
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2023, 07:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote
When I was pretty young (maybe 12 or 13) some older guys at my park who were probably all in the range of 16-24 years old kept calling me gay and other homophobic slurs. My park was notorious for the regulars being extremely territorial. Anybody they didn’t know including kids were not welcome. It’s started to really bother me to the point of not wanting to go anymore. I didn’t like being harassed obviously, but I also grew up with gay relatives and was and still am repulsed by homophobia. I told my mom and she told me to ask what they’re gonna do about it. She guaranteed me they’d stop. I knew I personally wasn’t gay, but I decided to try it. I didn’t care if they thought I was gay, I just wanted them to leave me alone.

So sure enough next time I go to the park, I am about to drop in and one of the older guys cut me off and called me a faggot. When he comes back around, some of the other guys were around and I go “yeah I am fucking gay. What are you guys gonna do about it?” And they all got quiet and just looked confused as hell. It was super awkward. He then starts chuckling and says “haha he admits it.” So then I go “you guys seem to be really interested in the sexuality of little boys.” And then shit got REALLY awkward. They just kind of all shut up and finally left me alone. They never did accept me, but they never fucked with me again other than snaking me here and there. But man it was awkward as fuck every time I ran into those guys after this, but I loved it every time.
[close]

Seriously? He used it in an explanation of what someone said to him, as a negative, thus basically condemning it's use. I really hope you're joking.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1920
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2023, 11:06:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

FOR THE LAST TIME, ITS CALLED VERT DOUBLES

Full backside lipslides on each other.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jennydeath

• Rep: 6
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2023, 11:43:05 PM »
not "awkward" but a story none the less.

When I started skating as a kid  my pops took me to Sayreville skatepark, I believe it was my first time at any skatepark. I was trying to gain the confidence to go down a bank, my dad stepped in and though he never skated before, he tried to show me what to do. He stood on the board and accidentally started going down the bank, within a flash he was down and broke his ankle. His foot was literally sideways from his leg, it was gnarly..cast up to his upper thigh for 9 months. To this day neither of us are sure what he was trying to exemplify to me by standing on the board(the one and only time he ever stepped foot on a board)but hey, he was being a dad. He still let me skate after that too.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -446
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #528 on: February 02, 2023, 06:36:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Seriously? He used it in an explanation of what someone said to him, as a negative, thus basically condemning it's use. I really hope you're joking.

Bro just a heads up, if you’re telling a story where somebody dropped the n word, don’t actually say the fucking n word when you’re retelling it

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #529 on: February 02, 2023, 07:22:26 AM »
when i was 13 i went to woodward and did a melon grab and a counselor came up and went “whoa you’re really good, how old are you?” and i said 13 and he said “oh never mind i thought you were way younger”

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #530 on: February 02, 2023, 07:44:28 AM »
when i was 13 i went to woodward and did a melon grab and a counselor came up and went “whoa you’re really good, how old are you?” and i said 13 and he said “oh never mind i thought you were way younger”
Hahahaha holy shit, sorry man but that’s fucking hilarious

I was stretching at the park, smoking a joint, some nineteen year old comes up to me asking for a lighter. We talk for a second, he sits down on his board and starts rolling up. Some crackhead makes eye contact with me and flashes me a huge grin. He runs full speed at the kid with a huge smile on his face and literally leapfrogs over him and goes “AHHHHH”. Kid gets up in immediate fight or flight mode, freaked out a bit, starts yelling for the guy to fuck off. The crackhead thought he knew the dude and starts apologizing profusely but he’s obviously incredibly high so it’s not exactly calming the kid down. Shit was funny but I felt bad for the kid, imagine you’re just rolling up and some guy literally jumps on top of you hahaha

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #531 on: February 02, 2023, 07:59:31 AM »

Damn that's brutal.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -208
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #532 on: February 02, 2023, 08:23:00 AM »
One time a guy died by the Gentleman’s Ledge at the bottom of the fountain at Love. He was lying there on the grass at the top of one of the ledges, still in his going out clothes from the night before.

I thought he was passed out or napping, but then I saw his eyes were wide open.

We had been skating back and forth past him for a while not knowing he was dead.

The police came and finally put caution tape around him. They didn’t bother us as we skated either.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

IpathCats

« Reply #533 on: February 02, 2023, 11:04:15 AM »
This might be my favorite SLAP thread.

Last three were great
@fulltechnicalskizzy @Sizzle @PatrickSkateman

Gnars for all

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #534 on: February 02, 2023, 11:21:25 AM »
This kid who’s kind of an asshole shows up to the park one day. He starts saying what’s up to everyone and giving high fives. My friend sticks his hand out for one but the dude jerked his hand back and coldly said “ I don’t know you”. He was turned around looking at us as he said that, not paying attention where he was going. As soon as he turned around it was too late. He accidentally rolled off the edge of the park and face planted in to the mud.

Another time a guy was shredding and his board slipped out and went in to that same mud puddle. But it had just rained or somethin because that puddle was basically a lake. One of the park pileout teenagers was standing right next to the mud. He watched as the board slowly traveled the entire length of the park and in to the mud like 3 inches from him. He had 5 seconds to process and stop this dudes board but he didn’t. It was like he was observing a putt for birdie. The shredder comes over pissed and fishes his board out, while the kid is half aplogizing. Shredder starts clowning this dude in front of the whole park, yelling and shit. He then focused his now wet board then left. Was hilarious, I’ve never laughed that hard at the skatepark before.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 11:45:39 AM by willphansbiggestfan »

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #535 on: February 02, 2023, 11:30:41 AM »
not "awkward" but a story none the less.

When I started skating as a kid  my pops took me to Sayreville skatepark, I believe it was my first time at any skatepark. I was trying to gain the confidence to go down a bank, my dad stepped in and though he never skated before, he tried to show me what to do. He stood on the board and accidentally started going down the bank, within a flash he was down and broke his ankle. His foot was literally sideways from his leg, it was gnarly..cast up to his upper thigh for 9 months. To this day neither of us are sure what he was trying to exemplify to me by standing on the board(the one and only time he ever stepped foot on a board)but hey, he was being a dad. He still let me skate after that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMvyTlcUoD4
The pant situation is out of control at this point

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2023, 11:54:46 AM »
This kid who’s kind of an asshole shows up to the park one day. He starts saying what’s up to everyone and giving high fives. My friend sticks his hand out for one but the dude jerked his hand back and coldly said “ I don’t know you”. He was turned around looking at us as he said that, not paying attention where he was going. As soon as he turned around it was too late. He accidentally rolled off the edge of the park and face planted in to the mud.

Sounds like that punk bitch got what he deserved. It takes 0 effort to be cordial and say what's up to someone you don't know, especially if that person is a friend of a friend. Your friend who stuck their hand out was obviously kicking it with everyone else so its not like he was some random. Can't stand people who act like that

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2023, 12:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bro just a heads up, if you’re telling a story where somebody dropped the n word, don’t actually say the fucking n word when you’re retelling it
you don't have any critical thinking skills do you

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2023, 12:09:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
you don't have any critical thinking skills do you
I’m pretty dumb but yeah, if you’re retelling a story where people were using slurs you really shouldn’t include them when you’re retelling it, not even arguing about it but just definitely social convention in 2023 to censor it. Remember the curb your enthusiasm episode where Larry says the N word and gets Richard Lewis kicked off the transplant list?

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2023, 12:13:55 PM »
Cody Chapman used to skate mike fox park a lot back when he was still in high school n I would always see him there but am like 3-4 years younger/ never was his friend or talked to him much- but when I was a freshman and he was a senior at my high school he broke his leg or something and my art teacher was like “hey my morning class made this get well soon card for Cody - you skate right? Go drop off this card for him at this address and I’ll ignore your absences” or something like that - either way I go over to his house and knock on his door with the card ( it’s really cringy it was like a drawing of him with hearts all over it I think ) ( also i figured the teacher would have told the family that someone would be dropping a card off or some sort of idea ) and his like grandma or someone opens the door and it’s him and like entire family all staring at me from the living room and I j had to be like “ hey I’m supposed to drop this off” and tried walking away immidiatly but they were all like “what’s this?” “Did you do this” “you like Cody?” N I was like no but they seemed confused All while he was j starring at me like I was a total kook. Anyways after that I always felt like a weirdo stalker whenever I saw him at the skatepark.
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)