Author Topic: Any word on the new satoris?  (Read 1672 times)

Bugsytootsie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Any word on the new satoris?
« on: January 21, 2021, 02:12:15 PM »
Anyone try the new satori wheels yet? Loved the old ones before they went into hiatus. Any comparisons to the f4s in terms of feel or durability?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
Re: Any word on the new satoris?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 02:54:24 PM »
don't ride spits, but I have the satori vinyl cut (Slim) 101a 53mm. Been riding them for 2 or 3 months now and I'm enjoying the, so far. First 101a I've ridden in a while that I liked. I usually ride bones 83b, but I like to experiment. The only other slim 101a I've had recently is crupie, and those were trash. So yeah, better than Crupie if that's enough of a review.

Bugsytootsie

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 05:06:09 PM »
Nice. How's the slide and grip compared to the bones? I've skated a set before

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 05:27:07 AM »
Nice. How's the slide and grip compared to the bones? I've skated a set before

A lil grip pier then the bones, but still slide pretty easily.

Bugsytootsie

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 11:23:47 AM »
Legit. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated

ballintoohard

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 12:00:55 PM »
I briefly rode someone's board with them and they felt a bit grippier than my new-ish 99 F4. Seem fine.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 03:05:03 PM »
Waiting on a flat-spot report... Thanks!
If I come across some I will pick them up and share my experience, I've been interested in their resurgence.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.highgradedistribution.com/talking-trees-farms-humboldt-county-cannabis/%3famp
Haven’t ridden satori wheels in years but I have come across High Grade Distribution’s talking trees brand at my local dispensary. Not bad for the price in my opinion. Sorry to derail this thread but it is interesting the link above they even use satori branding on herbal tea

frankie5000

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 03:48:13 PM »
i am pretty sure the dude Craig that owns satori owns talking trees as well. i have been skating them since the come back and i usually only skate crusty shit. from my experience they have been sick ! no flat spots no chucking good grip when you want it good slide when you need it. good push around street wheel not so hard that your eyes feel like they are going rattle out like bones or f4s. put it this way they feel like better classics.       

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 03:59:26 PM »
they feel like better classics.       

This is what others have said in the wheel thread a while back too.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Glurmpz

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »
They’re still Creative urethane manufactured from what I can tell. That’s the place most smaller brands go to get wheels made. Hate to be negative but I would never pay for wheels made there - guaranteed flat spots. I don’t think I’ve ever ridden a wheel made by creative that lasted a full session before flatspotting. If you can get a crazy deal on em and F4’s or STF’s aren’t available, and you don’t mind a softer feeling wheel that flat spots easy, go for it. I’m sure pros who get them for free don’t care cause they can just keep putting new ones on.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 05:07:27 PM »
i am pretty sure the dude Craig that owns satori owns talking trees as well. i have been skating them since the come back and i usually only skate crusty shit. from my experience they have been sick ! no flat spots no chucking good grip when you want it good slide when you need it. good push around street wheel not so hard that your eyes feel like they are going rattle out like bones or f4s. put it this way they feel like better classics.       

satori has only been possible because of the OG 215 weed money. they've been growing weed up in the hills for a minute. yes, talking trees=satori wellness=satori wheels
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 05:28:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

satori has only been possible because of the OG 215 weed money. they've been growing weed up in the hills for a minute. yes, talking trees=satori wellness=satori wheels

Are they the last skate brand standing under High Grade? I think I remember Creation folding but Upful hardware, Yellow brand, looks like even paradox grip was under them for a while

cky enthusiast

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 08:12:26 AM »
Expand Quote
they feel like better classics.       
[close]

This is what others have said in the wheel thread a while back too.

wowww and i just passed up on a set- i and i  kicking i self

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 11:20:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are they the last skate brand standing under High Grade? I think I remember Creation folding but Upful hardware, Yellow brand, looks like even paradox grip was under them for a while

I have no idea. I just live up the street ;) other than the new wheels, I haven't seen those products locally in a minute, but then again I'm not looking. They used to have pretty epic warehouse sales though. 215 halcyon days
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty