Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 120745 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #1380 on: April 16, 2024, 10:53:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The pricing of the AVE 2.0 in Australia is absolutely fucked in the head.  Might cop em on sale in a few months for $70 though.

[close]

That’s fucking insulting.
[close]
Just so people have a comparison Leo Baker and ishod 2 Nike's, tyshawn Adidas are all about $150-160 and tiagos are about $200 here
[close]
Still blows em out of the water.  No one could afford to skate those without a sponno.  Are they hoping to hypebeast it?
Honestly no idea. And how good could they even be? Even if they're the best shoes ever made I don't see how they could be better than two pairs of basically any other shoe.
It will be like those all titanium theeves. Even for hypebeast shit I can't see people paying more for some vans than Jordans or TNs or whatever 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1381 on: April 17, 2024, 12:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The pricing of the AVE 2.0 in Australia is absolutely fucked in the head.  Might cop em on sale in a few months for $70 though.

[close]

That’s fucking insulting.
[close]
Just so people have a comparison Leo Baker and ishod 2 Nike's, tyshawn Adidas are all about $150-160 and tiagos are about $200 here
Here is even sounds worse. Ave 2.0 are 3500 CZK and Ishod 2 are 2700 for example and 1010 2800 CZK
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 273
  • often correct
« Reply #1382 on: April 17, 2024, 07:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skating the AVE 2 and want to offer some feedback?
[close]

I bit the bullet and bought them with 15% vans family discount. Haven’t skated em yet but the knit makes em fit like a glove(suctions to your foot).  The laces are almost satin-like I don’t really like them they don’t stay tied. Very stiff for being knit material, dare I say supportive. Gonna take a minute to break in, also they’re tts.
you skate the zahbas by any chance? how do they compare, fit-wise and width-wise?

CronsX

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1383 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:58 AM »

I bought them under heavy discount and skated them already several times.
Can confirm they fit like a glove which i really like (TTS, for me at least).
Can also confirm the shoelaces will untie every five seconds. Very annoying.
I think people with a wider foot will hate those things cause they are very, very tight.
Even a half size bigger i had pain in my right foot cause im wearing a bandage on that side and the shoe just pressed it into my arche.
Flick is good.
Grip was fine after the first 30 minutes or so, nothing special in my opinion.

For me, they feel exactly like the old AVE, without the stability.
Cause that knit stuff is not stopping your foot from moving around, obviously.

Maybe it will get better and the changes will be more noticable when the non- knit version arrives.
Until then its just some overpriced AVE 1 with hypebeast knit.

Sadly i can't compare them to the Zahba. Can't stand any of the colorways they're releasing that thing in...

Big fan of the Rowan 2s. Much better shoe in my opinion and the best shoe Vans released in a long time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 08:36:30 AM by CronsX »

Chimppimpin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1384 on: April 17, 2024, 08:53:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I bit the bullet and bought them with 15% vans family discount. Haven’t skated em yet but the knit makes em fit like a glove(suctions to your foot).  The laces are almost satin-like I don’t really like them they don’t stay tied. Very stiff for being knit material, dare I say supportive. Gonna take a minute to break in, also they’re tts.
[close]
you skate the zahbas by any chance? how do they compare, fit-wise and width-wise?
They are a little narrow, if u have a wider foot a half size up should fix that. The mids aren't as narrow as the lows.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 72
« Reply #1385 on: April 17, 2024, 11:37:06 AM »
Those blue suede authentics from jcrew look like hot fiya

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1386 on: Today at 09:47:22 AM »
Those blue suede authentics from jcrew look like hot fiya

People complaining about the price of'em but it's 'proper' suede not 'skate shoe' suede; totally different grade of suede.

Suede.