Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 186469 times)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
  • What, me worry?
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1170 on: November 28, 2022, 02:22:32 PM »

Drop 9 releasing on friday. These go hard ngl

I don't love the move to nearly black foxing tape on all the models, but maybe that's what people are buying. However, those mocha/white suede joints have my name all over them

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1171 on: November 28, 2022, 02:47:12 PM »
Those brown suede/orange label are so, so nice.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Bob Loblaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #1172 on: November 29, 2022, 08:54:10 AM »
I haven't tried LRABs since they first dropped.
Has the insole been changed? Wasn't feeling the original insole design

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1173 on: November 29, 2022, 08:59:56 AM »
I have a new pair of all black leather joints and I'm still undecided if I should skate them or not

anybody skate the leather ones yet?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1174 on: November 29, 2022, 09:25:18 AM »
I haven't tried LRABs since they first dropped.
Has the insole been changed? Wasn't feeling the original insole design

It's essentially the same. Slightly more cushioned and not as much glue, but if you didn't like it before, you probably won't like it any more now.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1175 on: November 29, 2022, 09:30:54 AM »
Obvs a million shoes look like a million other shoes but these came up while scrolling and look like their cupsole uppers. Would be cool if they can get them kinda tighter looking like these

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1176 on: November 29, 2022, 12:43:08 PM »
I have a new pair of all black leather joints and I'm still undecided if I should skate them or not

anybody skate the leather ones yet?

Skated mine. Loved them. So durable. Leather is soft and skates great. Unsure if I prefer them over the suede 001s but they've lasted longer (might have been the drop with the more durable grip but unsure).

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1177 on: November 29, 2022, 01:35:24 PM »
Thanks! I'm going for it. You guys can't stop me.

IpathCats

« Reply #1178 on: December 12, 2022, 06:56:49 AM »
I've been wanting a pair of suede low top vm001 for chillers for a while, and man, I sure am glad i waited until i could try them on in person. Everyone was saying halfsize down, I went TTS just fine.

edit:

Also, I was super worried about my toes being crunched together since they look pretty narrow. But they're honestly not too bad. The high foxing tape makes them look more narrow than they are. Blazers feel more narrow imo

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1179 on: December 12, 2022, 09:55:24 AM »
does anybody else think these shoes just look like overpriced walmart shoes?

i cant justify them

a lotta people saying theyre the pinnacle of simplicity, but i just dont see it

the wavy stitching just looks stupid to me

the shoe also looks like it only fits a narrow foot well

Let's just compare some popular competitors:

Vans Authentic/Era/Slip On: The Lo have a bit thicker/better collar padding and are more form fitting in the heel. My heel lock is perfect in them, but it moves around a decent amount in newer Vans. Thinner insoles, but slightly thicker sole if you look at the Wear Tested cutaway. Doesn't have insane amount of foxing rubber yet it seems from wear tests that they are really durable and don't have Vans QC issues.

Cons CTAS- Thicker suede, have an actual heel and collar. Same points as above.

Cons One Star- Maybe the closest model, but seem to be preferred for durability by user reports.

Blazer- Not a Nike. Inferior insole, less foxing tape. For the VM001 probably the closest competitor. GT Blazers are too narrow for me yet LR don't have foot spillover.

eviltgirl

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1180 on: December 12, 2022, 10:00:12 AM »
Do you guys find that the sole wears really quickly on these?  Ive skated mine for less than 10 days and walked in them a fair amount, but I feel like the sole is wearing way faster than the soles on my blazers did

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1181 on: December 12, 2022, 10:07:42 AM »
Do you guys find that the sole wears really quickly on these?  Ive skated mine for less than 10 days and walked in them a fair amount, but I feel like the sole is wearing way faster than the soles on my blazers did
Yeah LR's are notorious for soles burning out quick. Supposedly their newer drops have a harder compound but I can't vouch for it since I haven't tried.

IpathCats

« Reply #1182 on: December 12, 2022, 10:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah LR's are notorious for soles burning out quick. Supposedly their newer drops have a harder compound but I can't vouch for it since I haven't tried.

They could use some more tread depth/thicker soles

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1183 on: December 12, 2022, 10:44:28 AM »
As stated a bunch in this thread previously, the tread wears down on the quicker side but the grip remains. Also they’re specifically designed with shallow tread so nothing gets stuck in them.

IpathCats

« Reply #1184 on: December 14, 2022, 07:10:46 AM »
As stated a bunch in this thread previously, the tread wears down on the quicker side but the grip remains. Also they’re specifically designed with shallow tread so nothing gets stuck in them.

I def appreciate that aspect of their design, a thoughtful touch.

But im sure they could improve it.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
« Reply #1185 on: December 14, 2022, 07:50:42 AM »

I had a pair which I skated for half a session before I couldn't handle the toe box any longer, and in that time the right shoe (my leading foot, I am goofy) developed noticeable wear. I thought maybe it was just breaking in, but you're not the first person to mention how quickly the soles wear down, and for me, this matter much more than the sides, because the sole is the one piece I cannot repair with suede, ShoeGoo or super glue.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

eviltgirl

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1186 on: December 14, 2022, 08:07:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had a pair which I skated for half a session before I couldn't handle the toe box any longer, and in that time the right shoe (my leading foot, I am goofy) developed noticeable wear. I thought maybe it was just breaking in, but you're not the first person to mention how quickly the soles wear down, and for me, this matter much more than the sides, because the sole is the one piece I cannot repair with suede, ShoeGoo or super glue.

Yea thats pretty much what I'm thinking.  I've got a set of blazers on ice rn so I'll probably be returning to those pretty soon.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1187 on: December 14, 2022, 09:31:57 AM »
the soles do wear fairly quick but I do think it's gotten better on later drops, and it hasn't affected me too much except at suuuuuper slick skateparks like westchester skate plaza. It's pretty funny going to push and having your foot completely slip as if you're on ice.

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #1188 on: December 31, 2022, 11:31:24 AM »
Do the crocodile VM001s fit the same as suede?

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1189 on: January 01, 2023, 11:12:06 AM »
Can't answer on crocodile. I'd say though that I'm half size down in suede, but went true to size leather and they're fine. Maybe could have gone half size down, but they are slightly more snug.

Also sole on black leather 001s (drop 7 or 8 maybe) lasted much better than the earlier drops. Looking forward to the new changes and the Milic pro model.

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1190 on: January 06, 2023, 08:01:28 AM »
Does vm003s hi's fit like 001 hi's? think i read that 003 was slimmer but cant remember..

Also anyone tried to stretch out suade shoes? My friend told me to try shoes half a size down for better flips.. But I busted my toe instead cause they were too small lol. Left foot fits perfect, right one is too tight.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1191 on: January 07, 2023, 01:29:35 AM »
Does vm003s hi's fit like 001 hi's? think i read that 003 was slimmer but cant remember..

Also anyone tried to stretch out suade shoes? My friend told me to try shoes half a size down for better flips.. But I busted my toe instead cause they were too small lol. Left foot fits perfect, right one is too tight.

Can’t comment on the highs but on the lows the 003 are slightly wider than the 001. I would assume the same for the highs.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #1192 on: January 07, 2023, 12:15:41 PM »

I had a pair of 001 in my usual 11 and just got the 003 in a 10.5 both in suede/low top. I've only worn the 003 around the house since I got several shoes to go through first but it seems like the toe box is slightly wider. I didn't care for the extra length on the 001 and the width made me nervous on sizing down but it worked out on the 003. The 003 in suede half size down might give you just enough space you need. If you're busting your toes up though you might want to try some on first since it may not be enough extra space.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1193 on: January 08, 2023, 09:59:21 AM »
All LRAB on sale at my local, free shipping over $99:

https://theoryskate.com/collections/last-resort

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1194 on: January 10, 2023, 10:11:51 PM »
Had mine for just under a week now, got a size 11.5 usually wear 12 and they're good looking shoes, but mine are slightly "baggy" already. Skated them twice just an hour on a mini ramp nothing crazy, so can't really tell you about flick or impact but the board feel is nice. The squishy bagginess isn't too rough, reminds me of the feel of slip-ons kinda. They are nice enough that I ordered some vm003's.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #1195 on: January 11, 2023, 07:56:35 AM »
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #1196 on: January 11, 2023, 07:58:49 AM »

can confirm, currently skating a pair of Drop 6 VM001 hi and even if there are no threads left, the sole grips unlike the first ones.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1197 on: January 11, 2023, 08:40:47 AM »

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1198 on: January 11, 2023, 08:51:53 AM »

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1199 on: January 11, 2023, 09:03:36 AM »
i'd buy some cause i like supporting smaller companies but damn them shits are ugly as a mf, look like some glorified bowling shoes