Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 182750 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1230 on: January 17, 2023, 01:23:29 AM »
Expand Quote
I remember when we came here to discuss shoes.
[close]
Any news on the cupsole? That's really why I check this thread every day

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1231 on: January 17, 2023, 03:01:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Not trying to gaslight or anything, but Mike Gigliotti is Jewish. That was the first thing he said when people were upset about Two Felons being included on that skateshop shirt/list thing that he made a few years ago. So while the art may be reminiscent of WWII propaganda I’m fairly certain there was no intent of it being antisemitic.
[close]

Yeah. I’m sure it wasn’t meant that way but when you’re out and about in your daily life no one’s gonna ask you if Mike lottie himself is Jewish. They’re just gonna assume your anti semetic.  I’m not arguing with what you’re saying just saying if someone wears that shirt every Tom dick and Harry out in the world isn’t gonna care about if lottie is  Jewish. They’re just gonna assume you are an anti semite.

Just to add, I have this Polar jacket (https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skate-clothing-c9/jackets-c22/alv-doodle-coach-jacket-black-p32888) and I’ve been asked what it means by offended christians quite a few times. When you explain that it’s a reference to an old skate video they understand, but I’m surprised how much attention it gets off randos. If that jacket pisses people off there’s no way I’d feel comfortable wearing that LRAB shirt.

That said I do think the design is probably just down to Pontus being a goofy guy and I love the shoes so I’ll keep buying them. Shirt is whack though.

treeebark

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1232 on: January 31, 2023, 03:24:29 PM »
Finally got a pair of the vm003's and they're my new fav skate shoe. Loved my VM001's but the 11.5's were a tad big, 11's felt a little tight — thought I just wouldn't be able to consistently skate LRABs. For me vm003's in size 11 are absolutely perfect, with a little more room in the toebox compared to vm001 and vm002. (For context I'm a true 11.5 in Vans Slip-ons or Nike Blazers, 11 in Cons CTAs highs — narrow foot, but I've had forefoot surgery so I need a little more room there)

IpathCats

« Reply #1233 on: January 31, 2023, 03:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember when we came here to discuss shoes.
[close]
Any news on the cupsole? That's really why I check this thread every day
[close]

Was doing this for a while, until I saw the samples

pops

• Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1234 on: January 31, 2023, 08:30:26 PM »
Finally got a pair of VM001 highs to test. They definitely fit tts and not too big. I would say the canvas version felt way too snug in my size and would 1/2 size up. Suede highs are in my top favorite shoes atm.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #1235 on: January 31, 2023, 11:58:35 PM »
i have some low suede vm001 and vm002 and i think they fit too big and i should have gotten them one half size down, 11.5 instead of the usual us 12. what gives. it's winter and i wear thicker socks now. they skate good and have solid grip. they are a tad too low at the ankles for my liking and i have to get used to the heel lock, but i may be still biased coming from a nike sb koston 3 haha.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 03:47:54 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

ambiguousclarity

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1236 on: February 09, 2023, 03:01:10 AM »
i have some low suede vm001 and vm002 and i think they fit too big and i should have gotten them one half size down, 11.5 instead of the sual us 12. what gives. it's winter and i wear thicker socks now. they skate good and have solid grip. they are a tad too low at the ankles for my liking and i have to get used to the heel lock, but i may be still biased coming from a nike sb koston 3 haha.

Too snug for me. Length went down one size. I suspect they use UK sizing? Did a very quick look and couldn’t confirm it though.

TonySquared

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1237 on: February 09, 2023, 04:20:07 PM »
Quick question because Im lazy and don’t want to scroll through the board. If i wear a 13 in blazers am I safe to assume I should get 13s in Last Resorts? Really want to try them out but one friend said size down and one said sizing is the same.

TonySquared

« Reply #1238 on: February 09, 2023, 04:22:27 PM »
Quick question because Im lazy and don’t want to scroll through the board. If i wear a 13 in blazers am I safe to assume I should get 13s in Last Resorts?

Really want to try them out but one friend said size down and one said sizing is the same.

TonySquared

« Reply #1239 on: February 09, 2023, 04:21:01 PM »
Quick question because Im lazy and don’t want to scroll through the board. If i wear a 13 in blazers am I safe to assume I should get 13s in Last Resorts? Really want to try them out but one friend said size down and one said sizing is the same.

TonySquared

« Reply #1240 on: February 09, 2023, 04:26:09 PM »
how is the sizing on last resorts? im a 13 in blazers but really want to try a pair of these out.

i have a friend that says to size down and one that says that i should get the 13.

TonySquared

« Reply #1241 on: February 09, 2023, 04:28:01 PM »
how is the sizing on last resorts? im a 13 in blazers but really want to try a pair of these out.

i have a friend that says to size down and one that says that i should get the 13.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1242 on: February 09, 2023, 04:41:23 PM »
@TonySquared get the 12 UNLESS they're canvas VM001, then go TTS

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #1243 on: February 10, 2023, 03:35:20 PM »
@TonySquared get the 12 UNLESS they're canvas VM001, then go TTS

Exactly. I just picked up a pair of suedes (I am a 13) and I am swimming in them. Totally spaced on that.
Also realized I liked the Canvas better.
ok thanks

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1244 on: February 10, 2023, 06:15:48 PM »

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
« Reply #1245 on: February 20, 2023, 06:02:25 AM »
9us suede vm001 high is snug, and 9.5us has enough space for me to put a zoom air insole on top of the stock insole. if i get suede vm003 lows in 9.5 with the intent of putting that other insole on top, are they going to fit me well or am i asking for heel slip? i used to wear 9us half cabs but i got a pair of 9.5s and they fit me much better.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #1249 on: February 20, 2023, 10:38:38 AM »

IpathCats

« Reply #1250 on: February 20, 2023, 10:40:54 AM »
These all black ones look better than the two tone cups I saw before. Will def give a high top cup a chance from last resort is they have one that looks decent.

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1251 on: February 20, 2023, 11:11:29 AM »
Ice creams are back?

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #1252 on: February 20, 2023, 01:07:57 PM »
that sole looks great, at 1st glance i was a bit taken aback but it's growing on me.

Ice creams are back?

lolololololololol

DERBY

• Rep: 249
« Reply #1253 on: February 27, 2023, 08:38:26 AM »
how’s the vm003 fit compared to fastbreaks or crocketts? ive heard to size down with lr’s

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -294
« Reply #1254 on: February 27, 2023, 08:44:14 AM »

I can dig these. They remind of like a Cole Haan, or some other fashion sneaker.

Damn those look so nice. Would cop

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1255 on: February 27, 2023, 09:32:33 AM »
how’s the vm003 fit compared to fastbreaks or crocketts? ive heard to size down with lr’s
If they’re canvas, go with your Fastbreak size. I went down 0.5 (US) for the Dancer collab but it was too tight. The general consensus is to go down if they’re suede, in regards to VM003, but hopefully someone else can verify this soon.

I’ve wasted way too much money buying and then having to resell shoes because they don’t fit, based on other people’s recommendations to size up or down. What I found to work is using the cm size as TTS. US/EUR/U.K. sizing varies by brand. Other than CONS CTAS, I’m able to get the perfect fit by using socks of varying thickness, from thinnest to thickest: Stance, Gildan, Dickies, HUF.
TLDR: Using the centimeter size and adjusting for size discrepancy with socks works better for 95% of shoes than trying to size up or down, unless the sizing is truly messed up.

DERBY

« Reply #1256 on: February 27, 2023, 09:39:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If they’re canvas, go with your Fastbreak size. I went down 0.5 (US) for the Dancer collab but it was too tight. The general consensus is to go down if they’re suede, in regards to VM003, but hopefully someone else can verify this soon.

I’ve wasted way too much money buying and then having to resell shoes because they don’t fit, based on other people’s recommendations to size up or down. What I found to work is using the cm size as TTS. US/EUR/U.K. sizing varies by brand. Other than CONS CTAS, I’m able to get the perfect fit by using socks of varying thickness, from thinnest to thickest: Stance, Gildan, Dickies, HUF.
TLDR: Using the centimeter size and adjusting for size discrepancy with socks works better for 95% of shoes than trying to size up or down, unless the sizing is truly messed up.

thanks for the looks man!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1257 on: February 27, 2023, 07:10:19 PM »
Untitled by , on Flickr

DERBY

« Reply #1258 on: February 27, 2023, 07:59:04 PM »

used mattress

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1259 on: February 27, 2023, 09:23:27 PM »
Are those part of drop 10? I hope so (itching to spend another $85+ on shoes)