Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 184749 times)

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1350 on: April 18, 2023, 06:28:13 PM »
If people didn't talk them up so much I wouldn't be as vocal about their weak points, of which there are many. Seriously the best thing going for them is how they look, you can wear them with almost anything. The two pairs I had felt horrible after only a few days of walking, I didn't even skate them. The canvas on my pair tore after a week, once again not skated. The suede was really floppy after a week aswell. The grip is so shallow I couldn't walk over metal on the the ground as the shoes slip and skid over that material. I don't have the same problem in other vulcs. I'm still very keen to support them in the future if they can get the durability issues sorted out.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #1351 on: April 18, 2023, 10:38:52 PM »
i'm in a couple of months of skating my vm001 suedes in mustard and i have zero complaints so far.
the sole and the suede both hold up really well, the grip and flick both are still very good.
my only complaint is the sizing issue which they seem to be taking care of and maybe a tad bit the weak heel lock.
but i also bought mine for 40 bucks, so there's that. i would definitely buy them again, especially for this nice price.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1352 on: April 18, 2023, 11:31:11 PM »
i wear size 12 in vm002 suedes
do i go with 12 or 13 for the leather vm004s?
dont think i get a chance to try both sizes so any help helps
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1353 on: April 19, 2023, 08:29:50 AM »
I'll also add that here in the UK they're a similar price to Vans so that's what I'm comparing them to when I big them up. If I was paying US prices I'd probably just get Vans. They're definitely not a $100 shoe or whatever you pay.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1354 on: April 19, 2023, 08:50:04 AM »
If people didn't talk them up so much I wouldn't be as vocal about their weak points, of which there are many. Seriously the best thing going for them is how they look, you can wear them with almost anything. The two pairs I had felt horrible after only a few days of walking, I didn't even skate them. The canvas on my pair tore after a week, once again not skated. The suede was really floppy after a week aswell. The grip is so shallow I couldn't walk over metal on the the ground as the shoes slip and skid over that material. I don't have the same problem in other vulcs. I'm still very keen to support them in the future if they can get the durability issues sorted out.
NgL I bought the vm003 dancer model as chillers and was surprised at the canvas tearing and sole peeling from just walking. Retired them after a few months of just wearing, never skated.

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #1355 on: May 09, 2023, 06:22:57 PM »
I’ve skated the newest drop of the vm001’s casually a handful of times and the foxing tape is already separating from the suede at the flex point in the toe area, and the outsoles feel so slippery compared to my spanky ksl g6’s I’ve mainly been skating in. Pretty disappointed in last resort now. $90 full price at the local ain’t worth it when these are lasting like some shitty Vans quality from a decade ago :/

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1356 on: May 11, 2023, 12:50:00 PM »
Doesn’t seem like something they would make, but with that said I would prob cop anyways. Perhaps a custom 1 of 1 for Pontus, or they’re working on a slip-on, or it’s a late April Fools joke?

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #1357 on: May 11, 2023, 12:54:18 PM »
Doesn’t seem like something they would make, but with that said I would prob cop anyways. Perhaps a custom 1 of 1 for Pontus, or they’re working on a slip-on, or it’s a late April Fools joke?

Not my thing but I think they’re real and that these were posted a few pages back.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1358 on: May 11, 2023, 01:03:15 PM »
yeah they've been teased a few times in dif colorways

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #1359 on: May 11, 2023, 01:45:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not my thing but I think they’re real and that these were posted a few pages back.

Whoops my bad shoulda read the thread first

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1360 on: May 13, 2023, 10:26:32 AM »

Pretty stoked for these

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1361 on: May 13, 2023, 10:43:52 AM »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1123
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1362 on: May 13, 2023, 12:08:52 PM »

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1363 on: May 13, 2023, 01:15:47 PM »
Do we know any details on the cupsoles other than what you can see in the pictures? Like what the midsole/insole setup is like? I’d love some kind of cushioned midsole in there, but I’d be surprised to see it. Hoping it’s at least not too thin in the sole.

They must be coming out soon now - have any skate shop pals gotten to see them in person yet? Would love to know what the first round of colours will be if anyone knows that (we’ve seen olive/black and black/black so far, but I’m hoping for white ones for summer).

timemachine

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1364 on: May 13, 2023, 06:59:18 PM »
Do we know any details on the cupsoles other than what you can see in the pictures? Like what the midsole/insole setup is like? I’d love some kind of cushioned midsole in there, but I’d be surprised to see it. Hoping it’s at least not too thin in the sole.

They must be coming out soon now - have any skate shop pals gotten to see them in person yet? Would love to know what the first round of colours will be if anyone knows that (we’ve seen olive/black and black/black so far, but I’m hoping for white ones for summer).

I know there’s a very light grey one coming out in D12, not quite white but could be close to what you’re looking for

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1365 on: May 13, 2023, 09:22:03 PM »

Cup sole has been needed for over a year, but from what I am led to believe the cup sole won't probably be out until FW23.
I still haven't bought a pair of LR but I haven't been hearing hot things lately. Unsure where the brand is really going at the moment.

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1366 on: May 13, 2023, 09:44:08 PM »
I think from things I've heard that the first round of cups will be June/ July ish. But I don't know for sure.

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1367 on: May 19, 2023, 12:02:36 PM »

Dmed asking about release he just said there his personal pair
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1368 on: May 19, 2023, 12:05:28 PM »
so personal he has to post them on the lastresort instagram page for his entire audience to see, yup

used mattress

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1369 on: May 19, 2023, 02:35:04 PM »
Has anyone here wore all the way through the sole? I have a pair that have worn the tread pattern away down to some wavy horizontal lines but still not all the way through. Still skate fine like this for me.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #1370 on: May 19, 2023, 02:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dmed asking about release he just said there his personal pair

damn that sucks I would've copped those for sure

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1371 on: May 29, 2023, 10:05:39 AM »
:)

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1372 on: May 29, 2023, 10:29:56 AM »
*unless you asked for the cupsole

Gunot

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1373 on: May 29, 2023, 10:47:04 AM »
The sole looks wild

europa1991

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1374 on: May 29, 2023, 03:07:00 PM »
I just want a cupsole man

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #1375 on: May 29, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »
Slap I need halp

If I wear 8.5 in converse and 9 in everything else , what do I get for 003s in suede.

Thanks <2

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1376 on: May 29, 2023, 04:19:28 PM »
*unless you asked for the cupsole

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #1377 on: May 29, 2023, 05:00:34 PM »
:)

Jim Greco is gonna sue, or get on the team.
RIP Ben Raemers

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1378 on: May 29, 2023, 05:12:04 PM »
I like their team and I like Polar, but I really can't get behind LR. Had a pair of suede VM001s and they were honestly one of the worst pair of skate shoes I've ever owned. Sole was barely staying glued and like clear coat was flaking off, and the insole was so so so bad (I know they have insoles now), along with the fit and finish being suspect. For the prices they sell for I was massively underwhelmed.

Also, in what context do you wear a loafer with a vulc shoe? a bit weird to me for a shoe brand that prides itself on simplicity and basic silhouettes to do a gimmicky, ornamental loafer mashup. idk

/rant. Def buy them if you like them, but I can't get into them. I respect a skater-owned brand, but even still I think I'd rather just skate some emericas or something if I wanted a simple shoe
(Cool Trick GIF)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1123
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1379 on: May 29, 2023, 05:46:33 PM »
Slap I need halp

If I wear 8.5 in converse and 9 in everything else , what do I get for 003s in suede.

Thanks <2

@lilboosie 8.5