Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 184945 times)

IpathCats

Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1440 on: June 21, 2023, 11:04:51 AM »
I think they definetly look better on feet and on these pics kinda sick. I still need to see them live though.

This all suede one looks much better, the difference in between the colors of suede is smaller too.

I much prefer this to the other colorways so far

Wizard0f0dds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1441 on: June 21, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote
I think they definetly look better on feet and on these pics kinda sick. I still need to see them live though.

[close]

This all suede one looks much better, the difference in between the colors of suede is smaller too.

idk but I don't think that's suede all over. I believe that's the grey from a few posts back with off white-ish leather. Maybe the lighting of the picture makes it look closer in color or they look better once worn in a little.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #1442 on: June 21, 2023, 11:51:17 AM »

Some other new colorways dropping on friday

Dunno, but these look like bowling shoes.

IpathCats

« Reply #1443 on: June 21, 2023, 01:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

idk but I don't think that's suede all over. I believe that's the grey from a few posts back with off white-ish leather. Maybe the lighting of the picture makes it look closer in color or they look better once worn in a little.

ah yea, i see what you're saying

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1444 on: June 21, 2023, 01:21:41 PM »
My guess for cups is $109.99

Milic is $94.99.. so

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1445 on: June 21, 2023, 02:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can’t wait for the 40 minute gifted hater video of him gaslighting 14 year olds into thinking this shoe is revolutionary.

What’s up with that heel? Looks like it woood push right into your Achilles. Was that the only way to prevent heel slip? It looks insane. They look like knock offs of themselves

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1446 on: June 21, 2023, 02:33:02 PM »
The cups just showed up at our store, I got hooked up with a promo pair. Been wearing them around for about an hour or so.

They definitely fit a half size small. I had to half size up (8.5 to 9) and they still feel a little short on my bigger foot, but that might just be the shape. I tried a full size big and they were definitely too big. My homie had to half size up as well (10 to 10.5) so that's probably consistent across the size range.

Besides that, they feel really good. I thought it was going to be an ultra thin cup like an Accell Slim but it's thicker than that. Not too thick. Actually feels in the perfect range of a cupsole thickness to me. Proportions are good. Not too slim to wear with baggy pants, not too bulky. Lots of people have been wondering about the heel lock, I feel locked in. They're also fairly wide. I have thick feet in height so across the thickest part of my foot lots of shoes dig in weird. These don't.

The leather in the on-foot pic looks shinier than it does when you're actually holding them and looking at them.

The back up laces are like two tone hiker lace. I'm definitely gonna put flat black laces in these to make them as Airwalk as possible.

Daydream

« Reply #1447 on: June 21, 2023, 02:51:51 PM »
“Perfect range of a cupsole thickness” sounds right! LR has a knack for those things for sure

fakienoseslide

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1448 on: June 21, 2023, 02:55:41 PM »
Those look really sick! Now that you meantion it, they give that nineties hiker gear vibes/color scheme. Hope my local carries them so I can try them on before getting them.

I would want to save these till autumn because of the colors :D

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #1449 on: June 21, 2023, 03:30:51 PM »
LRAB should pay you for those pics Watson because they look a lot better than some of their official promo stuff.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1450 on: June 21, 2023, 03:38:59 PM »
LRAB should pay you for those pics Watson because they look a lot better than some of their official promo stuff.

For real.

I'm an 8.5 in all three VM’s (haven’t tried millics), so you’re saying I should prob go with a 9 then @Watson ?

Thanks so much for the info/pics.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1451 on: June 21, 2023, 04:02:53 PM »
The cups just showed up at our store, I got hooked up with a promo pair. Been wearing them around for about an hour or so.

They definitely fit a half size small. I had to half size up (8.5 to 9) and they still feel a little short on my bigger foot, but that might just be the shape. I tried a full size big and they were definitely too big. My homie had to half size up as well (10 to 10.5) so that's probably consistent across the size range.

Besides that, they feel really good. I thought it was going to be an ultra thin cup like an Accell Slim but it's thicker than that. Not too thick. Actually feels in the perfect range of a cupsole thickness to me. Proportions are good. Not too slim to wear with baggy pants, not too bulky. Lots of people have been wondering about the heel lock, I feel locked in. They're also fairly wide. I have thick feet in height so across the thickest part of my foot lots of shoes dig in weird. These don't.

The leather in the on-foot pic looks shinier than it does when you're actually holding them and looking at them.

The back up laces are like two tone hiker lace. I'm definitely gonna put flat black laces in these to make them as Airwalk as possible.

thanks for the write up, one q for u - how stiff is the leather?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1452 on: June 21, 2023, 04:20:47 PM »
i will soon

buy these

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1453 on: June 21, 2023, 04:49:53 PM »
I'm an 8.5 in all three VM’s (haven’t tried millics), so you’re saying I should prob go with a 9 then @Watson ?

For sure. I tried on the VM001s and the Millics at the shop here to be sure (I thought you said you had Millics) and 8.5 fit me good in them. Actually felt like both 8.5s in those had a bit more room than the 9s in the cups. To be honest after a couple more hours in the cups a half size up is even feeling tight for toe room. I think they'll break in fine though and another half a size was for sure too big.

Like butter baby. Not stiff at all.

Daydream

« Reply #1454 on: June 21, 2023, 06:22:48 PM »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #1455 on: June 21, 2023, 07:36:41 PM »
Has anyone had issues with soles coming completely separating from the vulc wrap? Was skating a pair of vm001s from drop 10 today and noticed my sole flopping around.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1456 on: June 21, 2023, 07:54:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For sure. I tried on the VM001s and the Millics at the shop here to be sure (I thought you said you had Millics) and 8.5 fit me good in them. Actually felt like both 8.5s in those had a bit more room than the 9s in the cups. To be honest after a couple more hours in the cups a half size up is even feeling tight for toe room. I think they'll break in fine though and another half a size was for sure too big.

Expand Quote
[close]

Like butter baby. Not stiff at all.

great news, very stoked

switch_stance_student

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1457 on: June 22, 2023, 11:05:13 PM »
does anybody else think these shoes just look like overpriced walmart shoes?

i cant justify them

a lotta people saying theyre the pinnacle of simplicity, but i just dont see it

the wavy stitching just looks stupid to me

the shoe also looks like it only fits a narrow foot well

Dude it’s super hard for me to make a decision on if they’re dope or not I see on foots and like em tho so shiiiii

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1458 on: June 23, 2023, 12:26:09 AM »
Expand Quote
does anybody else think these shoes just look like overpriced walmart shoes?

i cant justify them

a lotta people saying theyre the pinnacle of simplicity, but i just dont see it

the wavy stitching just looks stupid to me

the shoe also looks like it only fits a narrow foot well
[close]

Dude it’s super hard for me to make a decision on if they’re dope or not I see on foots and like em tho so shiiiii
I agree, for me makes no sense to spend that much on a sock with laces. Sure they look good in general but those cups look like a toddler shoe.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #1459 on: June 23, 2023, 12:43:09 AM »
95 euro for the CM001's...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1460 on: June 23, 2023, 01:58:44 AM »
Okay, I’m down like a clown as soon as they drop a vegan cup

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1461 on: June 23, 2023, 07:57:05 AM »
Me too
Cocteau Twins

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1462 on: June 23, 2023, 07:42:07 PM »
Can anyone confirm the Milic shoe with the new insole is true to size? Sorry if I missed it. Also the dude who said the cups are a bootleg of themselves got a gnar fo sho.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1463 on: June 23, 2023, 08:23:18 PM »
Can anyone confirm the Milic shoe with the new insole is true to size? Sorry if I missed it. Also the dude who said the cups are a bootleg of themselves got a gnar fo sho.

i wear a 10 in vm003s and got a 10.5 in the milic and it's still a bit snug, fits lengthwise though so i don't know if i would have sized up. ftr, 10.5 is my all around size in most shoes these days

used mattress

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1464 on: June 24, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »
After seeing the cupsoles in person and trying them on (needed a full size up) I just wasn’t feeling them. I skate the VM001 all day every day so maybe I’m just not the target for the CM001?

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1465 on: June 26, 2023, 03:01:43 AM »
Yeah fo sho, definitely look a lot better presented in those photos. Especially as someone who wears baggier stuff I thought they might be a bit too slim. I dig the Enigma sort of ode with the colour way.

I'm used to skating bulkier cupsoles but usually find any cupsoles with a decent insole are fine enough. So might give them a whirl down the line if they drop a decent vegan option, then.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1466 on: June 26, 2023, 05:15:07 AM »
I have been dreaming of a more "foot shaped" skate shoe (i.e. wide) for some time and I'm wondering if the cup model is that shoe. I always struggled flicking with popular super pointy skate shoes that everyone else seemed to love.

Can anyone with the cup model do a good top - down view or attest to the width of the toe box?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1467 on: June 29, 2023, 03:32:00 PM »

Just picked up the new LRAB cups, shout out to Kingswell. Crazy how comfortable they are. Ugly as fucking hell.

These are size 12 which is what I wear in VM001-2-3 so it's been relatively consistent for me. However, they're definitely slightly snugger than the rest of the line, so some of y'all may need to size up if you're borderline. Visually they look a little funky on foot like they're a little puffier? Haven't placed it yet. To the earlier question, I think visually they look like a wider toe box, but I don't know if that's actually true, the proportions just make it seem that way. Tbh I think the VM003 has the most space in the toe/widest toe box.

Excited to skate them for sure.

manuduncan

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1468 on: June 29, 2023, 04:15:14 PM »
i have the blue suede two toned high tops and love them, but i saw the black milics in the wild and they looked bizarre imo

the contrast between the two materials is too much, like the suede part is very matte and dull (in a good way) and the leather part is so shiny it looks weird together

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1469 on: June 30, 2023, 01:43:04 AM »
i have the blue suede two toned high tops and love them, but i saw the black milics in the wild and they looked bizarre imo

the contrast between the two materials is too much, like the suede part is very matte and dull (in a good way) and the leather part is so shiny it looks weird together

Thats the adidas samba color scheme (save for the gum sole)