Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 185064 times)

Reese Bruno and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jacorpes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1710 on: February 27, 2024, 02:18:04 PM »
Expand Quote
VM006 will not be available in shops until Fall
[close]
They’re dropping Thursday in “sun orange/gum.”

So, the VM006 can only be bought directly through LRAB for the next six months?

When I DMd them a few weeks ago they said they’d be exclusive to their site when I asked if I could order them through my local.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1711 on: February 27, 2024, 03:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When I DMd them a few weeks ago they said they’d be exclusive to their site when I asked if I could order them through my local.
They're doing a d2c soft launch I guess. People seemed to be a little caught off guard because they're in the catalogs but not slotted until far later. wonder if they're trying to get to market first so they pushed these up, as nobody I spoke to was aware of them launching before Fall. my assumption is that these will be very limited quantities, part of a push to create a tiered system as a lot of shops are having issues moving inventory. certain releases seem to go on their website first with shops getting them later down the road (or not at all, like this reptile pack that just came out). Don't know if shops are PO-ed or indifferent about this, considering the shoes are sitting at retail.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1712 on: February 27, 2024, 03:14:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone see Matt Rodriguez’s comment on those?
[close]

What’d he say?
[close]

[close]

What does “B P” mean?
[close]
Bitch please?
never would have expected Matt Rodriguez to have beef in 2024, but if I was LRAB I would have sent him a sample pair just for the heck of it 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jacorpes

« Reply #1713 on: February 28, 2024, 12:18:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
They're doing a d2c soft launch I guess. People seemed to be a little caught off guard because they're in the catalogs but not slotted until far later. wonder if they're trying to get to market first so they pushed these up, as nobody I spoke to was aware of them launching before Fall. my assumption is that these will be very limited quantities, part of a push to create a tiered system as a lot of shops are having issues moving inventory. certain releases seem to go on their website first with shops getting them later down the road (or not at all, like this reptile pack that just came out). Don't know if shops are PO-ed or indifferent about this, considering the shoes are sitting at retail.

Yeah that sounds about right. My local stopped stocking LR because there are too many sale pairs floating around. The only shoes they keep in stock are Dunks, Blazers and whatever the latest Nike SB pro model is because apparently that’s all most people are willing to buy full price. I’ve also noticed that the UK doesn’t seem to get the LR site exclusives. They don’t have the reptile pack on the site here so I suspect we won’t get the Wallabees either.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1714 on: February 28, 2024, 04:37:52 AM »
^
The VM006 will apparently be in shops during the fall. There are certain colors of shoes that we also don’t get in the US. The Jason Adams pack and the leather colorways for the VM005 are only available directly through LRAB.

It’s kind of lame seeing companies promote shoes that don’t even make it to skate shops. I expect this kind of thing from Adidas. However, it probably has to do with logistics, since it’s only for the initial release(s).

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1715 on: February 28, 2024, 04:46:33 AM »
^
The VM006 will apparently be in shops during the fall. There are certain colors of shoes that we also don’t get in the US. The Jason Adams pack and the leather colorways for the VM005 are only available directly through LRAB.

It’s kind of lame seeing companies promote shoes that don’t even make it to skate shops. I expect this kind of thing from Adidas. However, it probably has to do with logistics, since it’s only for the initial release(s).
Seems like a Pontvs kind of thing. It happened that here in CZ the local here in Prague pretty much built distribution from all this part of the continent and then Polar took distribution out for them to sell directly from their site.
No need to tell that pissed off a lot people who worked alongside Polar and felt back stabbed. Before you'd see a lot of Polar in Prague and now is a rare sight.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

thehogsniper

« Reply #1716 on: February 28, 2024, 07:09:07 AM »
Expand Quote
^

[close]
Seems like a Pontvs kind of thing. It happened that here in CZ the local here in Prague pretty much built distribution from all this part of the continent and then Polar took distribution out for them to sell directly from their site.
No need to tell that pissed off a lot people who worked alongside Polar and felt back stabbed. Before you'd see a lot of Polar in Prague and now is a rare sight.
Understand that everything I'm going to say is conjecture. I only know a limited amount from the people I talk to and I might make a mistake here. That being said, I get a feeling that their strategy has shifted as a result of basically every shop having to put at least one pair of LRAB on clearance to get rid of them. Stateside, they're really at a disadvantage on the wall at skateshops when a lot of shops already have brands offering similar product like Vans, NB#, and Nike SB. Price wise, their shoes are really $60-80 shoes marked at $90-110.
I suppose how they could spin this is that they don't have enough inventory to supply shops, but a limited release builds up hype and anticipation by getting the product into some hands. There is potential for this to go wrong, however. If the shoes were rushed out of production and have defects, shops might have a difficult time selling the shoes. I believe orders for Fall had a deadline right before they announced this release, which is suspicious timing. If that's true, they're really not helping their case with shops. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some funny business with shops needing to carry LRAB to get Polar.

Can he read

« Reply #1717 on: February 28, 2024, 11:22:07 AM »
What do you guys reckon the sizing will be like on the VM006? Never tried last resorts but I’m definitely trying to get a pair of these. Should I assume they’ll be TTS? Doubt any local shops will have them available to try on

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1718 on: February 28, 2024, 11:43:51 AM »
The plug told me the sizing will be the usual LRAB sizing, so 1/2 size down for a lot of people. However, they haven't tried them on yet so take it with a grain of salt. Should be 3 colorways on the website tomorrow

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1719 on: February 28, 2024, 12:19:57 PM »
Do we know US retail?

Can he read

« Reply #1720 on: February 28, 2024, 12:44:48 PM »
The plug told me the sizing will be the usual LRAB sizing, so 1/2 size down for a lot of people. However, they haven't tried them on yet so take it with a grain of salt. Should be 3 colorways on the website tomorrow

Thanks man. Wish I could try them on somewhere. I know they’re gonna be like $100 so I may wait before buying

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #1721 on: February 28, 2024, 02:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What’d he say?
[close]

[close]

What does “B P” mean?

Bloodclart phreak-a-leek

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #1722 on: February 29, 2024, 12:03:04 AM »
Them VM006's are now on their website. 95 euro.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1723 on: February 29, 2024, 12:39:46 AM »

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #1724 on: February 29, 2024, 06:35:31 AM »
The brown joints were the only ones I really wanted.

I’m surprised how quickly these things sold out.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #1725 on: February 29, 2024, 06:50:50 AM »
https://usa.lastresortab.com/products/vm006-moc-suede-coffee-bean-gum

A lot of sizes already oos

Not my style overall, but seeing more pictures, I'm surprisingly liking the low top cat look more than the Original

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1726 on: February 29, 2024, 06:52:50 AM »

Yea, those joints were gone quick!

I was undecided between brown and black, but the brown sold out so that helped me make my decision for the black ones lol.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1727 on: February 29, 2024, 07:09:47 AM »
As a retailer who stocks last resort I’ve noticed the only shoes we sell consistently are the vm001 low and high in black/white. A few all black ones too but mostly that’s what people want. All the colors and different styles sell a little bit, mostly just on sale in my store.
The direct to consumer model is what most brands aspire to, more money comes in, creating a relationship with the consumer and training them to shop your website. They’re a small brand in a sea of monsters, having enough money to pay a team is hard.
Doing small drops that sell out is a smart move, creates demand. Flooding the market is a bad idea. Now when the brown/gum moc drops again it will sell out for sure.

Am I bummed we didn’t get a chance to order them? Sure, but I get it. I had to cut the majority of my prebooks to catch up on shoe sales, it’s a trend, too much product in the market place. Every shop is dealing with it.

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1728 on: February 29, 2024, 07:33:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was undecided between brown and black, but the brown sold out so that helped me make my decision for the black ones lol.

I ended up settling on the black colorway as well, which at this point is mostly to test the fit and sizing. I’m really just holding out for the ipath reboot.

If there is another batch of these being released in the future in the same colors I’ll try again.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1729 on: February 29, 2024, 07:37:32 AM »
As a retailer who stocks last resort I’ve noticed the only shoes we sell consistently are the vm001 low and high in black/white. A few all black ones too but mostly that’s what people want. All the colors and different styles sell a little bit, mostly just on sale in my store.
The direct to consumer model is what most brands aspire to, more money comes in, creating a relationship with the consumer and training them to shop your website. They’re a small brand in a sea of monsters, having enough money to pay a team is hard.
Doing small drops that sell out is a smart move, creates demand. Flooding the market is a bad idea. Now when the brown/gum moc drops again it will sell out for sure.

Am I bummed we didn’t get a chance to order them? Sure, but I get it. I had to cut the majority of my prebooks to catch up on shoe sales, it’s a trend, too much product in the market place. Every shop is dealing with it.

Well said, would gnar.

Reese Bruno

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1730 on: February 29, 2024, 08:47:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What’d he say?
[close]

[close]

What does “B P” mean?
[close]
Bitch please?
[close]
never would have expected Matt Rodriguez to have beef in 2024, but if I was LRAB I would have sent him a sample pair just for the heck of it
I'm glad that he's mad. He has his fun n made some scratch from skateboarding and now it's other people's turn c:

Can he read

« Reply #1731 on: February 29, 2024, 11:24:56 AM »

I saw that they were available at like 1:30am and when I clicked most popular sizes were already sold out. They had a few left in my size but I hesitated because I’m still not sure about the sizing and didn’t want to blow $100+ on a gamble

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1732 on: February 29, 2024, 11:44:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I saw that they were available at like 1:30am and when I clicked most popular sizes were already sold out. They had a few left in my size but I hesitated because I’m still not sure about the sizing and didn’t want to blow $100+ on a gamble

That’s kind of what I feel like I did, was I made a $100 gamble. My feet are odd anyways in that they are both different sizes and widths, so there is no real perfect fit.

I wouldn’t be upset if these end up being a hair too long.

@144p

Do you know if Last Resort often does a restock in these kind of limited runs?
Do you get deja vu, huh?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1733 on: February 29, 2024, 12:34:13 PM »
This is uncharted territory, I can’t recall another drop that wasn’t done exclusively through their website. I haven’t seen them restock with a quickness on anything  that has had hype, I’m assuming they will as they can see all the web traffic it created and would be smart to make another small run and sell out quickly.

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1734 on: February 29, 2024, 12:42:56 PM »
This is uncharted territory, I can’t recall another drop that wasn’t done exclusively through their website. I haven’t seen them restock with a quickness on anything  that has had hype, I’m assuming they will as they can see all the web traffic it created and would be smart to make another small run and sell out quickly.

Thanks for the info!

I suppose all it really boils down to is a “wait and see” situation. If this first batch sold so quickly I can’t imagine there not being another.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

thehogsniper

« Reply #1735 on: February 29, 2024, 02:41:14 PM »
Probably the most hype LRAB has had in a while tbh, but I wouldn't hold your breath on a re-release anytime soon. I hate saying this and sounding like a broken record, but it's getting really difficult to justify their prices. With shipping to where I live, it would come out to $114.70 for a vulc shoe, and I almost did order a pair. Most of the shops I've bought from have cheaper shipping rates, and with their website being D2C you think they could at the very least offer free shipping.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1736 on: March 01, 2024, 10:20:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Rick, after you’ve had a chance to skate your pair a bit and wear them around as chillers would you let us know what you think of them?
I really wanted to grab a pair of the coffee/gum ones but they were already sold out. I’m hoping they’ll be another drop soon.

Can he read

« Reply #1737 on: March 01, 2024, 03:43:56 PM »

I really dislike planned scarcity. Same shit Nike does with dunks and all these dumb fashion companies with their “drops” I’m just looking for a solid shoe I can rely on and keep buying. Maybe I’m being over sensitive but seeing this smug post by LR makes me not want to try these even when they are available.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1738 on: March 01, 2024, 04:21:37 PM »
they kinda look like shit in the photos. I’m interested to see if they last beyond a session

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1739 on: March 01, 2024, 05:50:58 PM »
I would think that <10% of purchases are buying these as actual skate shoes. Not hating, I think they’re an awesome casual shoe, but they’re not a performance skate shoe. Sorta like the VM003s, I’ve bought several pairs of those but I could never skate in them