Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 185077 times)

Rick Trapasso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1740 on: March 02, 2024, 04:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The brown joints were the only ones I really wanted.

I’m surprised how quickly these things sold out.
[close]

Yea, those joints were gone quick!

I was undecided between brown and black, but the brown sold out so that helped me make my decision for the black ones lol.
[close]

Rick, after you’ve had a chance to skate your pair a bit and wear them around as chillers would you let us know what you think of them?
I really wanted to grab a pair of the coffee/gum ones but they were already sold out. I’m hoping they’ll be another drop soon.

I don't plan on really skating them. I might cruise around on them a little though. I don't think my fragile ankles could stand up to these lol.

I'll return with whatever thoughts I have on them though.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #1741 on: March 02, 2024, 06:54:23 AM »
I know there was discussion about the shipping cost here on the previous page, but my cats-alikes are out for delivery already.

I live in the north east US, so that is extremely quick.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #1742 on: March 02, 2024, 07:04:12 AM »
they kinda look like shit in the photos. I’m interested to see if they last beyond a session

The collar looks like it’ll eat your Achilles to shreds.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #1743 on: March 02, 2024, 07:16:05 AM »
i have never seen anyone skate these shits irl

everyone dissing on matt rod is bugging & on some middle manager ish. save it for curb chat with ur lil group of chubby friends

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1744 on: March 02, 2024, 09:05:29 AM »
i have never seen anyone skate these shits irl

everyone dissing on matt rod is bugging & on some middle manager ish. save it for curb chat with ur lil group of chubby friends

Lmfao

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1745 on: March 02, 2024, 09:28:55 AM »

all suede CMs
this page has most of drop 14 posted

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1746 on: March 02, 2024, 09:44:25 AM »

all suede CMs

Black and white ones look nice

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #1747 on: March 02, 2024, 11:42:31 AM »
Just tried on my VM006, and these are my first impressions/thoughts.

The quality seems quite nice, and the suede thick. Nothing really noteworthy to comment on about the stitching or anything of that nature. The shoes came with an extra set of waxed laces (flat), and the shoes themself are laced with a set of round wax laces. The laces feel sticky to the touch, and likely won’t have any issues coming undone while skating. The Insole feels squishy and more substantial than I anticipated.

Now, onto skating. I probably actually wouldn’t skate these just for the fact that you can only lace a shoe like this so tight. I do a lot of flip tricks and these don’t fit all that snug (due to the design). They also don’t offer a whole lot of heel lock, if any at all. I feel like the Ipath reboot will actually  have the advantage here, as the extra material will likely help keep the heel snug.

I can’t really give input on sizing because my feet are different sizes. I’m often a 10.5 but I purchased these in 11. The 11 is perfect for my longer foot.

In conclusion I’m happy with these as chillers, but for my skating these would probably be a tad sketchy. 
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1748 on: March 02, 2024, 01:23:15 PM »
Agree with most everything above.

As far as sizing goes, I'm a 10 but usually on the smaller side of 10 and these fit me great. So if you're a large 10, and sometimes go 10.5/11 maybe go a half size up?

Only other last resorts I've gotten are some vm01's from drop 6, so I haven't felt the new insole before. It's a welcome addition in my book.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 03:54:56 PM by Rick Trapasso »

2fakie

• Rep: 0
  • Dr. Pepper's kidney stone champion
« Reply #1749 on: March 02, 2024, 04:14:18 PM »

all suede CMs

Oh sweet, the toebox doesn't look too different from the first model. That was my main concern, cause i love the shape of the cms but this pleather materiel sucks.

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1750 on: March 02, 2024, 06:15:33 PM »
yeah looks like they rounded out the edge of the toe panel and the bottom of the eye stay though, which looks a lot cleaner imo. my old pair is a lot more squared off.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1751 on: March 02, 2024, 06:20:10 PM »
I would think that <10% of purchases are buying these as actual skate shoes. Not hating, I think they’re an awesome casual shoe, but they’re not a performance skate shoe. Sorta like the VM003s, I’ve bought several pairs of those but I could never skate in them

i wanted a skateable wallabee. couldn’t pull the trigger on these in time, didn’t know sizing blah blah.

my vm003 canvas low tops are so comfortable. for walking and sneaking around.
they are somewhat frightening to skate in.

agree that the smugness is annoying.

i am certain it’s been listed, but what is the sizing like on the cupsole model? i’ll need to order by mail, without trying on. any help appreciated.

newguy

« Reply #1752 on: March 02, 2024, 06:27:34 PM »
Wow last i looked at the brand was a year ago and they really started carving their own path, cool to see. Ngl the white ones look very, very clean.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1126
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1753 on: March 02, 2024, 06:34:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I would think that <10% of purchases are buying these as actual skate shoes. Not hating, I think they’re an awesome casual shoe, but they’re not a performance skate shoe. Sorta like the VM003s, I’ve bought several pairs of those but I could never skate in them
[close]

i wanted a skateable wallabee. couldn’t pull the trigger on these in time, didn’t know sizing blah blah.

my vm003 canvas low tops are so comfortable. for walking and sneaking around.
they are somewhat frightening to skate in.

agree that the smugness is annoying.

i am certain it’s been listed, but what is the sizing like on the cupsole model? i’ll need to order by mail, without trying on. any help appreciated.

The cm001 runs slightly smaller than the vm003, so I’d say go a half size up from your vm003 size unless you like it snug.

For reference I wear 12 in all Lrab models but the cm001 is definitely a little snug. 13 would be too big though.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1754 on: March 02, 2024, 06:53:31 PM »
@BartHarleyJarvis

thanks!
i regret not getting the airwalk colorway.

i got 10 (same as what i wear in dunks etc) in my vm003s, in part because at the time i was talking a lot of shit on here about how it’s dumb to wear shoes that are too small. so i tried to live my lyrics and these shoes are loose as hell. but it’s kinda good because my feet are wide-ish, so maybe i was right to talk that shit.

i think i’ll order the 10 and hope to get lucky.
i like that the shoes have little branding.

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1755 on: March 03, 2024, 07:22:35 AM »
Also, if you really plan to skate the vm06 moc toes, a careful application of super glue to the outside stitches will probably double the lifespan of the shoe. Since those are clearly the weakest point of the shoe.

Just make sure it soaks into the stitches a bit. If done carefully you probably won't even be able to tell they've got glue on them since the seam is tucked under.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1756 on: March 04, 2024, 12:46:27 AM »
they kinda look like shit in the photos. I’m interested to see if they last beyond a session
Since they're LRAB I would say no.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jacorpes

« Reply #1757 on: March 04, 2024, 01:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I managed to make my last pair of canvas VM003s last 81 hours of skating and the average I get out of Vans is about 50 hours. My last pair of Orange Label Blazers got too floppy and unsupportive at 55 hours and they're supposed to be the best vulc on the market, so I don't know where this idea that LRAB fall to bits immediately comes from. Even the pairs from the first few drops lasted me around 60 hours.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1758 on: March 04, 2024, 09:46:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I managed to make my last pair of canvas VM003s last 81 hours of skating and the average I get out of Vans is about 50 hours. My last pair of Orange Label Blazers got too floppy and unsupportive at 55 hours and they're supposed to be the best vulc on the market, so I don't know where this idea that LRAB fall to bits immediately comes from. Even the pairs from the first few drops lasted me around 60 hours.
Do you use super glue or shoe goo? I’ve skated canvas VM001 and VM003 from the earlier drops and they did not last as long as yours.

I wouldn’t say that the shoes fall to bits, but the sole separated from the uppers on the VM003. It happened twice but was fixable with super glue. Maybe, the glue loses adhesion as the years go by. They aren’t bad shoes but I would have been disappointed if I paid retail.

Jacorpes

« Reply #1759 on: March 04, 2024, 11:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Do you use super glue or shoe goo? I’ve skated canvas VM001 and VM003 from the earlier drops and they did not last as long as yours.

I wouldn’t say that the shoes fall to bits, but the sole separated from the uppers on the VM003. It happened twice but was fixable with super glue. Maybe, the glue loses adhesion as the years go by. They aren’t bad shoes but I would have been disappointed if I paid retail.

Yeah I shoe-goo the high wear ollie spot around my little toe before the first session and eventually I have to patch up the side. I think that’s pretty standard for canvas shoes though. Also worth noting that I only weigh about 8.5 stone so I’m probably not wearing out the soles as fast as most people.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1760 on: March 04, 2024, 09:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I shoe-goo the high wear ollie spot around my little toe before the first session and eventually I have to patch up the side. I think that’s pretty standard for canvas shoes though. Also worth noting that I only weigh about 8.5 stone so I’m probably not wearing out the soles as fast as most people.

are you using Strava to record the hours in your shoes or just tracking yourself? I’m not asking to make fun of you either, I think that’s pretty cool.

HeavyLow

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1761 on: March 05, 2024, 12:10:51 AM »
Considering skating in the CM's. I wear an 11,5 in the vm001. Should I size up to a 12 in the CM's? I got the impression from this thread that they run a bit snug.

Cheers!

Jacorpes

« Reply #1762 on: March 05, 2024, 12:22:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

are you using Strava to record the hours in your shoes or just tracking yourself? I’m not asking to make fun of you either, I think that’s pretty cool.

I just skate 2 and a half hours every Saturday and Sunday with the odd after work session everyone once in a while so it’s easy to tally up the hours. I started doing it years ago because I bought a pair of expensive shoes and wanted to know exactly how much they cost me per hour of skating, and I just never stopped doing it. Usually it works out to just over 1 hour = £1. I’m skating my first pair of dunks at the moment and I’m interested to see if they last me 110 hours.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1763 on: March 05, 2024, 02:52:32 AM »
The sole on my VM001 lasted no more than 8 hours. After flat it looked like a F1
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jacorpes

« Reply #1764 on: March 05, 2024, 03:08:16 AM »
The sole on my VM001 lasted no more than 8 hours. After flat it looked like a F1

Yeah the original ones went bald for me on about hour 10, the new rubber around 15-20 hours. I think they skate great, maybe even better with a bald sole though because it’s a very sticky rubber and you have more contact with the board, more board feel etc. If you’re throwing them out as soon as the tread goes there’s no way you should be buying these things lol.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1765 on: March 05, 2024, 05:26:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah the original ones went bald for me on about hour 10, the new rubber around 15-20 hours. I think they skate great, maybe even better with a bald sole though because it’s a very sticky rubber and you have more contact with the board, more board feel etc. If you’re throwing them out as soon as the tread goes there’s no way you should be buying these things lol.
I have come to realize rubber compound is more important to me than tread in some cases. The tiago 1010s barely have any grooves and have a lot of flat sections but grip very well for me throughout the lifespan of the shoe. Not that those are on the same planet as LRAB shoes.

herecomesaregular

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1766 on: March 05, 2024, 05:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is a point I rarely see come up in these debates but you’re 100% right

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1767 on: March 05, 2024, 07:15:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good point, I had from the first drops.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #1768 on: March 05, 2024, 07:20:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve posted this a bunch already but even with the treading wearing down quickly the soles remain very grippy in my opinion.

Also the folks asking about sizing for the CM’s I went an entire size up: 8.5 in the VM’s and 9.5 in the CM’s.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

HeavyLow

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1769 on: March 05, 2024, 11:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’ve posted this a bunch already but even with the treading wearing down quickly the soles remain very grippy in my opinion.

Also the folks asking about sizing for the CM’s I went an entire size up: 8.5 in the VM’s and 9.5 in the CM’s.

Thanks for the insight on the CM's!