Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 183739 times)

newguy

Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2021, 08:40:08 AM »
Went to my local to try them, wow they do run big,
It’s pretty odd. Otherwise they’re really comfortable and look great, every skater in the shop were saying they’re awesome and I almost pulled the trigger on a pair myself but I already have to chew through 3 pairs lol. Pontus delivers again, apparently he also gave shops carrying his brand (where I live anyway) very good deals so that’s awesome.

newspaperparty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
« Reply #421 on: September 12, 2021, 09:48:02 AM »
1 month update on my canvas highs

So far I've only managed to break a lace. Kick flips are basically the only trick I do, so I expected the flick area to be decimated, but there's virtually no wear on them aside from some fuzzy stitches. The only minor annoyance is that they're doing the converse thing where the rubber opens up a little bit by the ball of your foot when you crouch. Otherwise, no issues at all.

Highly impressed with these and I expect to get another pair when the tread wears out.

Did you go tts on these or 1/2 size down?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
« Reply #422 on: September 12, 2021, 12:43:27 PM »
is general consensus to go 1/2 size down in the suedes but stay tts for canvas? i had suede highs in half size down and loved them and want to try some canvas highs now

I’ve skated a few pairs of the suede lows so far that I went half a size down on for all and for me they’re comfortable without being too snug.  I have one pair of canvas lows half a size down that I didn’t skate yet and they feel a little too snug.  I’d probably go true to size on the canvas lows (just reread you’re asking about the highs my bad).

newguy

« Reply #423 on: September 12, 2021, 02:04:35 PM »
Expand Quote
is general consensus to go 1/2 size down in the suedes but stay tts for canvas? i had suede highs in half size down and loved them and want to try some canvas highs now
[close]

I’ve skated a few pairs of the suede lows so far that I went half a size down on for all and for me they’re comfortable without being too snug.  I have one pair of canvas lows half a size down that I didn’t skate yet and they feel a little too snug.  I’d probably go true to size on the canvas lows (just reread you’re asking about the highs my bad).

I’m a EU 44, went to try the highs this week and highs definitely fit TTS, for reference I’m a 44 in nike and 45 in vans if that helps. Cheers!

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2021, 05:13:46 PM »
Getting a new pair of suede low vm001's this week, cannot wait to skate em again.

Patiently awaiting the day for a Last Resort edit to drop, I really wanna see footage of this team skating together.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2021, 05:34:27 PM »
Getting a new pair of suede low vm001's this week, cannot wait to skate em again.

Patiently awaiting the day for a Last Resort edit to drop, I really wanna see footage of this team skating together.

Looks like they have been going on trips (the American team at least), to Portland and some other places. The team is really sick and I'm excited to see what they put out. Pontus has come out firing with with this company.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2021, 05:31:25 AM »
Got a pair in the mail today and they run HUGE. I’m a true US12 and I easily could go a full size down. Have to send them back. Even with an thick extra inner sole they are too big. If I kept them I’d have to lace them so tight and I can’t do that to the poor shoe.

Apart from that, they look and feel really good quality. Nice looking shoe on foot.

newguy

« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2021, 07:56:26 AM »
Got a pair in the mail today and they run HUGE. I’m a true US12 and I easily could go a full size down. Have to send them back. Even with an thick extra inner sole they are too big. If I kept them I’d have to lace them so tight and I can’t do that to the poor shoe.

Apart from that, they look and feel really good quality. Nice looking shoe on foot.

Huh that’s weird, they felt half a size too big to me.

animalflesh

« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »
Dane confirmed

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #429 on: September 15, 2021, 11:06:17 AM »
Dane confirmed

I heard he’s been on the team for a long time, they only announced it today though

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #430 on: September 16, 2021, 01:27:43 AM »
Fuck yeah! It was somehow known that he was gonna end up riding for LR but I'm still stoked.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

pops

• Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2021, 06:31:05 AM »
About one month of skating a pair of canvas lows. Broke a hole on the side of my front foot in two weeks but only the canvas layer has a hole because there's rubber layer under it. Put there some shoe goo and these will last me long. The sole is almost bald under the ball of my first toe but hasn't bothered at all, grip is perfect. Favorite shoes so far.

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2021, 03:32:04 AM »
Suede VM002’s - same 1/2 size large-ish fit as the suede VM001’s? What’s the consensus?

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2021, 01:04:04 PM »
Suede VM002’s - same 1/2 size large-ish fit as the suede VM001’s? What’s the consensus?

I have both in the exact same size. i actually think the fit on the VM002s is better. :-)

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2021, 06:26:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have both in the exact same size. i actually think the fit on the VM002s is better. :-)

Good to know - thanks

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #435 on: September 30, 2021, 03:15:58 PM »
I’m running VM001 in black suede lows.
I got them in US10.5. I’m usually US11 in Nike, Vans, Emerica.
I have super slim feet. I tried the VM001 in US11 and I could have done it, wasn’t too much longer but felt I would have to lace up way too tight. The 10.5 is snug but I would say there is just enough toe room. Does really feel like they are a true 10.75 in size if that was a thing.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #436 on: October 20, 2021, 03:47:08 PM »
Saw on insta a few days ago that the next lineup includes an all black leather vm001. I hope they come out soon... anybody know when the next drop is scheduled?

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #437 on: October 21, 2021, 02:53:18 AM »
Saw on insta a few days ago that the next lineup includes an all black leather vm001. I hope they come out soon... anybody know when the next drop is scheduled?

Those are drop 6 which is late november, drop 5 which introduces the vm003 canvas should be out soon but with shipping problems worldwide atm who knows when it will arrive.

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #438 on: October 22, 2021, 04:34:50 PM »
Got the canvas highs and like them so far, has anyone else had a thin layer of the vulc peel off day one ? It’s like a snake shedding skin around the entirety of both soles. 

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #439 on: October 22, 2021, 04:40:10 PM »
Got the canvas highs and like them so far, has anyone else had a thin layer of the vulc peel off day one ? It’s like a snake shedding skin around the entirety of both soles.
That happened on my first pair. They seem to have fixed it with the latest drop though; my current pair doesn't have it.

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #440 on: October 22, 2021, 05:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That happened on my first pair. They seem to have fixed it with the latest drop though; my current pair doesn't have it.
Thanks ! I can't wait to try lows.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #441 on: October 22, 2021, 05:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had the same thing too, mine were black suede lows. I noticed while hiking

now that i think about it though, it probably wasnt the best idea to hike Mount Tam on my second day wearing them

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #442 on: October 26, 2021, 07:24:44 PM »
Just got a pair and they feel / look great. Any secret to removing the glued in insole? Or just get under there and start ripping?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #443 on: October 26, 2021, 07:45:29 PM »
Just got a pair and they feel / look great. Any secret to removing the glued in insole? Or just get under there and start ripping?
get your finger under there (not all parts are glued down) and then just be gentle. On my left shoe I left a tiny bit of residue but on the right, I was able to do it perfectly.
What insoles are you going with? I went with states and the fit is great, my feet still kinda hurt after a long session though …

Edit: the common assumption is they run a quarter size too big but once I changed out the insole, I actually think they run tts, at least for my feet!

Also, if LARB did a simple cupsole I’d be so down!!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 07:52:14 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #444 on: October 26, 2021, 11:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
get your finger under there (not all parts are glued down) and then just be gentle. On my left shoe I left a tiny bit of residue but on the right, I was able to do it perfectly.
What insoles are you going with? I went with states and the fit is great, my feet still kinda hurt after a long session though …

Edit: the common assumption is they run a quarter size too big but once I changed out the insole, I actually think they run tts, at least for my feet!

I got some incredibly flat feet so I go with harder athletic ones with hardened arch support with some gel padding near the ball of the foot. FP is way too floppy for my feet.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I got some incredibly flat feet so I go with harder athletic ones with hardened arch support with some gel padding near the ball of the foot. FP is way too floppy for my feet.
yo these insoles sound great and I have the same floppiness issue with FP, mind sharing what they are?

astro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2021, 01:04:18 AM »
anyone have a proper pic of the new colorways? hard to see anything besides the blue/black in the new thrasher ad

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2021, 03:10:22 AM »
Will be keen to see what vegan options they have for the holiday drop; my wife thinks my “elmo” shoes are cute and wants a pair for herself lol

In other larb news, I put Lakai vulc insoles in mine (used to have state ones in there) and the fit is so fricken good!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 06:44:33 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2021, 03:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those are drop 6 which is late november, drop 5 which introduces the vm003 canvas should be out soon but with shipping problems worldwide atm who knows when it will arrive.

Anybody got screenshots or other images of those black leather VM001's they previewed on their story a few weeks back? Wanted another look...

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #449 on: November 18, 2021, 02:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Anybody got screenshots or other images of those black leather VM001's they previewed on their story a few weeks back? Wanted another look...

https://imgur.com/a/GOu60nZ

Wouldn't show as an image but heres a link to a picture