Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 182734 times)

Gene_Harrogate and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

europa1991

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 52
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #690 on: April 07, 2022, 10:52:19 AM »
Predictions for LRAB video: Very “Midwest college rock in 89-92 radio station” music choices, Chris Millic skates to Lemonheads (Probably something off of It’s A Shame About Ray), Jesse Alba does a slappy crook, Aaron Lorenth with exclusively west park clips and it’s fucking nuts followed by an easy transition into heavy David Strenstrom park footage, a lot of sick fits and Paris spots in Paul Grund and Ludvig footage (Ppl start to speculate if sk8 fashion is moving back to more #menswear #ootd vibes) uhhhhh Dane Brady skates to Talent Show by The Replacements and Nick Rios closes the video skating to a Prince deep cut or something idk

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #691 on: April 07, 2022, 07:28:50 PM »
Predictions for LRAB video: Very “Midwest college rock in 89-92 radio station” music choices, Chris Millic skates to Lemonheads (Probably something off of It’s A Shame About Ray), Jesse Alba does a slappy crook, Aaron Lorenth with exclusively west park clips and it’s fucking nuts followed by an easy transition into heavy David Strenstrom park footage, a lot of sick fits and Paris spots in Paul Grund and Ludvig footage (Ppl start to speculate if sk8 fashion is moving back to more #menswear #ootd vibes) uhhhhh Dane Brady skates to Talent Show by The Replacements and Nick Rios closes the video skating to a Prince deep cut or something idk

Pontus is reading this and taking notes.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #692 on: April 09, 2022, 03:52:32 PM »

I caved on these because I really like their aesthetic. When I first put them on I said to my girlfriend, “Oh shit these are hella comfortable.” So, I’m impressed. Went TTS.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #693 on: April 09, 2022, 04:47:00 PM »

I caved on these because I really like their aesthetic. When I first put them on I said to my girlfriend, “Oh shit these are hella comfortable.” So, I’m impressed. Went TTS.
Those new vm003 are so good, I’m not usually a canvas guy but they feel so comfortable right out the box, and just give you a great feel during skating; I hope they make a mid

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #694 on: April 09, 2022, 04:52:29 PM »
Look so sick.
I wonder how they hold up to an ‘onslaught’ of terrible kickflip attempts?

mamba

• Rep: 138
  • Sucka free
« Reply #695 on: April 09, 2022, 08:26:30 PM »

don’t think i could skate em but damn those are a nice lookin shoe. definitely potential chillers

doublesteveburger

« Reply #696 on: April 09, 2022, 09:21:03 PM »
I’m a sucker for metal eyelets and an even bigger sucker for anything really. Want these even though I blow through canvas in one sesh. Getting these would basically be me buying a $85 roll of duct tape.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #697 on: April 10, 2022, 05:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

don’t think i could skate em but damn those are a nice lookin shoe. definitely potential chillers
my wife has the cream joints, down looking shoe!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #698 on: April 10, 2022, 06:54:12 AM »

I sincerely hope everything here is true except the Prince part.
ok thanks

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #699 on: April 10, 2022, 11:02:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Those new vm003 are so good, I’m not usually a canvas guy but they feel so comfortable right out the box, and just give you a great feel during skating; I hope they make a mid

There's a high coming out in suede at least. I'd imagine canvas too

Acky Jacky

« Reply #700 on: April 10, 2022, 12:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I skated them today, I don’t think I’m gonna be doing it much in the future unless I can squeeze an FP insole in there. I might use them more for cycling. The canvas held up to a handful of kickflips and plenty of ollies, but I’m used to cupsoles, and these were kinda killin me today.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #701 on: April 10, 2022, 12:33:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I've got canvas hi's already from the second or third drop...or did you mean for this current drop?
ok thanks

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #702 on: April 10, 2022, 12:36:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I've got canvas hi's already from the second or third drop...or did you mean for this current drop?

I assume they mean a VM003 Hi

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #703 on: April 10, 2022, 12:36:53 PM »
With each shoe LRAB drops, they continually look ugly to me. I cannot shake the discount/budget/bootleg appearance of these models from them.

I'm happy y'all are enjoying them! I'm interested to see what their cupsole model looks like, though.
Super Champion Fun Zone

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #704 on: April 10, 2022, 12:56:55 PM »
With each shoe LRAB drops, they continually look ugly to me. I cannot shake the discount/budget/bootleg appearance of these models from them.

I'm happy y'all are enjoying them! I'm interested to see what their cupsole model looks like, though.

ok thanks
ok thanks

mamba

• Sucka free
« Reply #705 on: April 10, 2022, 01:03:11 PM »

I've never gotten more compliments on my shoes tbh

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #706 on: April 10, 2022, 02:10:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

same here. besides a few pairs of Vans, my LRABs always get complimented. Sure they aren't for everyone, but I would argue they are pretty clean lookin

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #707 on: April 10, 2022, 02:43:14 PM »
I think they look better than CTAS or JP. They're simple and don't have obnoxious branding. You can wear them with anything besides suits, and it'll probably look clean.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #708 on: April 10, 2022, 02:43:25 PM »

I definitely didn’t get them at first when they showed up at my local shop, but I’m fully wheezing the jui-ice now. And as other people have said, I get a ton of compliments, especially on the non-white/black ones I have. I totally get not loving the look though, they’re like a generic starting shoe in an off brand skate video game.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #709 on: April 10, 2022, 02:51:04 PM »

all I can say is they look better in person.  they just look and feel a step above your average vulk construction.

just started my 3rd pair.  i keep wearing through the bottom of the soles, but no where near getting any holes in the ollie areas.  i'd say im getting about a month and half out of each pair before the soles get too bald
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #710 on: April 10, 2022, 05:58:15 PM »
You think they have sold more pairs this year, than State have in their entire existence?

State had a moment in 2016, but failed to build on that, and now they are running on fumes.

Looking forward to trying these cupsoles.

mamba

• Sucka free
« Reply #711 on: April 10, 2022, 07:02:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
same here. besides a few pairs of Vans, my LRABs always get complimented. Sure they aren't for everyone, but I would argue they are pretty clean lookin

there is beauty in simplicity. another thing i really like about these shoes is that besides other skaters, no one really has these shoes. I don't mean that in a dunk scarcity way, I just mean that you won't see a lot of people wearing them. it adds an air of mystery to them. in a world where logos on shoes reign supreme, it is a nice change of pace.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #712 on: April 11, 2022, 12:00:44 AM »
Looking forward to trying these cupsoles.
IG: @flowterspace

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #713 on: April 11, 2022, 12:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

there is beauty in simplicity. another thing i really like about these shoes is that besides other skaters, no one really has these shoes. I don't mean that in a dunk scarcity way, I just mean that you won't see a lot of people wearing them. it adds an air of mystery to them. in a world where logos on shoes reign supreme, it is a nice change of pace.

I wonder if it'll stay like that. I have 3 non-skater friends who've started wearing them after seeing mine. One of them even broke a 5-year streak of not wearing trainers to get a pair.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #714 on: April 11, 2022, 12:39:34 AM »
In Australia tonnes of non skaters where em. Basically a uni student normy shoe. I like em though. I feel like Pontus' plan is to slowly undermine Converse or something lol.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #715 on: April 11, 2022, 12:49:04 AM »
what does the "ab" stand for
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #716 on: April 11, 2022, 03:35:27 AM »
I got 2 pairs of the V003 because I like the classic styling so much. A touch of Airwalk ones/Cons, but cleaner.

I also found they fit me better than the V001s I tried as well.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #717 on: April 11, 2022, 06:24:43 AM »
I got 2 pairs of the V003 because I like the classic styling so much. A touch of Airwalk ones/Cons, but cleaner.

I also found they fit me better than the V001s I tried as well.

Did you go TTS on the VM003s?

I’ve skated a few pairs of the VM001s and like them a lot  but the sizing always still being slightly off when I go down a half size kind of annoyed me. 

IpathCats

« Reply #718 on: April 11, 2022, 06:31:27 AM »
what does the "ab" stand for

Its like a Swedish "inc." or "llc." or "co" that you see at the end of a business name.

IpathCats

« Reply #719 on: April 11, 2022, 06:32:53 AM »
Been checking this thread for those cups. I am definitely interested in trying a pair.