Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178976 times)

DaleCooper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2021, 06:37:58 PM »
I wear 10.5 Blazers, 10 in LRAB

Wearing the lows currently. Once the shiny surface of the sole is worn down it feels great on flick.
I'm incredibly flat footed, therefore a pretty wide foot and these work great for feeling tight but not crowded.

All i'm saying is, these are my new shoes and Pontus deserves an award for melding alot of great things into one shoe and trying to balance it really well while also being incredibly pleasant to look down at.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2021, 06:59:55 PM »
Agree wore the toecap a bit and the flick is great

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2021, 11:54:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bumming out so hard because after waiting forever for them I got the highs and felt a tiny bit big like others have mentioned, so i ripped out the glued in insole thinking different insoles would fix it but to no avail...still feel a tad big and im bummed. Haven't worn them at all and tags still on but insole ripped out...
[close]
what size? Maybe someone here could make it work. Does the stock insole still work, or did you tear/damage when ripping out?
[close]

Size 9.5, it left some foam glued on the inside of the shoe but would probably go back in fine. Trouble is I'm not sure if the 9 would perhaps be too tight just barely...That was always my problem with Hufs. 9.5 felt a quarter size too big, and 9 felt a quarter size too small so I could never wear hufs.

I, like many others, am insane about the way my shoes fit (gotta be snug) and if it's not quite right all hell breaks loose
[close]

If you end up wanting to sell em I'd cop. I'm a size 10 so they'd probably work for me.

What i did is rip out the insoles then got some fp 7mm flat insoles. Fit perfect in my 10s, im usually a 9,5

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2021, 01:40:03 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/ddNmsDi

After seeing this, I've messaged them (LIKE A MAN) and for Europe they recommend Junkyard.com  as they aren't gonna be able to fulfil orders.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2021, 11:51:03 AM »
Does anybody have a true unbiased opinion on these?
Seems like everyone that has them bought them because they like Pontus/Polar and haven't said much about cushioning or durability. Ripping out non-removable insoles already sounds like the shoes aren't amazing.
I'd like to hear how these differ from Vans/Cons, because I like them but I know the leather collar is probably gonna rub my Achilles and having no stitching on the upper is a sure sign of bagging out. For $85-95US that's a lot for sub-par footwear no matter where it's made.

ballintoohard

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2021, 11:59:52 AM »
My friend has had 4 pairs of the first run. Finds them to flop out less than normal vulcs and feel between a Cons CTAS Pro and Vans Old School Pros without the bulky insole. At the end of the day it's still a thin vulc. I'm breaking in mine right now and they feel better than my Blazer Hi premiums in terms of having some bend at the ankle while offering minimal support there. I don't see why the suede would last any less long than any other shoe.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »
Suede feels a much higher grade than a typical vans pro. They do feel (and fit!) similarly to a cons ctas pro. half size down.
I've worn mine to work past two days and spent some good time at a standing desk and hasn't been an issue. I forget they are on my feet and at 205lbs I do like supportive footwear. haven't found much to complain about except the suede making the white laces discolored. I switched to black laces and adjusted the lacing to under/over and I can slip them on well now.

DaleCooper

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2021, 03:16:51 PM »
Seems like everyone that has them bought them because they like Pontus/Polar and haven't said much about cushioning or durability. Ripping out non-removable insoles already sounds like the shoes aren't amazing.
I'd like to hear how these differ from Vans/Cons, because I like them but I know the leather collar is probably gonna rub my Achilles and having no stitching on the upper is a sure sign of bagging out. For $85-95US that's a lot for sub-par footwear no matter where it's made.

They're great. But that's my opinion. I have skated them and I like them, they seem like they'll hold up.

However, that's my opinion and you won't trust it unless you try them for yourself.

gin

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2021, 03:27:28 PM »
As someone who really digs Pontus + Polar, I personally kind of hate the shoes. However, it is largely due to the fact that I became very acclimatized to skating leather + shoe-goo'd Reeboks (for ~3 months prior), and these were much grippier to adjust to. I'm about a week and a half in, with maybe 20 hours on the shoes, and I couldn't even kickflip properly until my last sesh, with the flick still feeling a bit off.
Another weak point for me is the sole/tread, it seems to wear down pretty quickly. Lastly, having a non-removable stock insole really annoyed me. I pulled the trigger on swapping for my usual FP insoles when I primo'd real hard right to the arch, but that involved an exacto knife and more elbow grease than seemed necessary. Swapping out did make me feel a lot more comfortable in the shoe, though. I'll probably come to a more lukewarm response with the shoe by giving it another week or two, but if you like cupsoles or more slippery shoes I would steer clear.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2021, 12:38:58 AM »

I haven't had them long enough to give a full review or anything, but my feedback so far...

The DMs they share on their stories of people saying the best shoe ever, marvel of shoe creation, masterly crafted etc is way way way over the top, like they are good, but by no means extraordinary. Yes, I'd say they are well made for the price and have premium looking aspects and do feel comfortable, but don't expect to be wowed by them, they're just plain skate shoes.

Cushioning is fairly standard, I'd say they feel better that Converse by a mile, close to a Blazer, but the insole is not close to the thickness of a Vans pro insole, but in my preference Vans Pro insoles are too thick and soft.

That leather bit inside isn't real leather, it's softer, I haven't had the issue of any rubbing.

One thing I am happy with is how it seems there is sturdy canvas under the toe box, which feels like it gives the shoe proper structure and hopefully prevents sagging out. This was something I didn't like about Blazer GTs, the toebox is super soft and get's a bit out of shape pretty quick.

All in all if you like how the shoes look, you'll by no means disappointed with the quality and how they feel on foot. They are just another decent option on the market for those who want something new.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2021, 06:25:09 AM »
A friend gave me a pair because they were too big. They're just a plain vulc with decent build quality. I don't hate them but there's no way i'd pay full price. Havn't skated them because i'm loving my Rowans right now.

Daniel

• Rep: 6
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2021, 07:22:29 AM »
Should I shoot for half size down? Usually a 10 and 9.5 in ctas... ballpark idea of sizing on LRAB?
Been on the Louie pro and these look sick, want to pull the trigger.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2021, 02:22:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven't had them long enough to give a full review or anything, but my feedback so far...

The DMs they share on their stories of people saying the best shoe ever, marvel of shoe creation, masterly crafted etc is way way way over the top, like they are good, but by no means extraordinary. Yes, I'd say they are well made for the price and have premium looking aspects and do feel comfortable, but don't expect to be wowed by them, they're just plain skate shoes.

Cushioning is fairly standard, I'd say they feel better that Converse by a mile, close to a Blazer, but the insole is not close to the thickness of a Vans pro insole, but in my preference Vans Pro insoles are too thick and soft.

That leather bit inside isn't real leather, it's softer, I haven't had the issue of any rubbing.

One thing I am happy with is how it seems there is sturdy canvas under the toe box, which feels like it gives the shoe proper structure and hopefully prevents sagging out. This was something I didn't like about Blazer GTs, the toebox is super soft and get's a bit out of shape pretty quick.

All in all if you like how the shoes look, you'll by no means disappointed with the quality and how they feel on foot. They are just another decent option on the market for those who want something new.
Thanks for the responses for those who have them, my assumption was close to what you wrote above...
I think there is probably lots of hype and fan boys (I usually buy Polar boards so don't hate me) that are over hyping the brand, also I think a lot of skaters are just trying to get hooked up by the new hot think so they're pushing the shoes.

Not hating on them at all, just looking for justification on buying a pair of simple vulc shoes that obviously cost a bit more because of the company name or artist behind it, nothing new.
I still want to try them, as they could potentially solve issues that I had with similar shoes (Cons OneStar, Vans everything)

ballintoohard

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2021, 02:52:19 PM »
I love Nike's for skating, don't love Cons, don't love how Vans end up. The LR will end up like more structured Blazers/GT Blazer hybrid. That's almost perfect and it's not made by Nike. I can't identify another skater-owned brand that can do that. Lakai certainly can't, Sole tech is often failing to do so, what else is there?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2021, 07:46:49 PM »

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2021, 06:22:02 AM »
Just got the navy with black sole low top. They're definitely a higher quality vulc option and quite comfy(I ordered a half size down as many other suggested). Not a shoe I plan on skating but I really like how they look for a pair of chillers and also like to support a skater owned shoe company. Probably wouldn’t pay full price for another pair. I got these and a pair of skate highs when kcdc had their bogo 50% off sale

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2021, 06:56:32 AM »
Just got the navy with black sole low top. They're definitely a higher quality vulc option and quite comfy(I ordered a half size down as many other suggested). Not a shoe I plan on skating but I really like how they look for a pair of chillers and also like to support a skater owned shoe company. Probably wouldn’t pay full price for another pair. I got these and a pair of skate highs when kcdc had their bogo 50% off sale
did you get feee ship? I was just about to checkout and it’s saying $12.50 to ship 2 pairs that ruins it

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2021, 11:30:06 AM »
These look gorgeous. I know people have been mentioning the Vans vulcs as a comparison but while some of you describe the Vans insoles as thick, to me the extra high arch and lack of midsole make the forefoot ball to toe bed feel ultra thin. Do the Last Resorts have that thin vulc feel or that SB Blazer mid cushioned type feel?

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2021, 12:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
did you get feee ship? I was just about to checkout and it’s saying $12.50 to ship 2 pairs that ruins it
Na I didn’t. I think the 2 pairs of shoes shipped came out to like 120

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2021, 02:07:12 PM »
Just got a raise. Debating buying two pairs or one pair and never skating them. Trying to find a board size I can stick with and don't have the capital to support my shoe craze
The chillest1

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Na I didn’t. I think the 2 pairs of shoes shipped came out to like 120
you in NY? Probably why

Just got a raise. Debating buying two pairs or one pair and never skating them. Trying to find a board size I can stick with and don't have the capital to support my shoe craze
Congrats! Good stuff. Enjoy

Should I?

• Rep: 0
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2021, 08:43:10 PM »
These look gorgeous. I know people have been mentioning the Vans vulcs as a comparison but while some of you describe the Vans insoles as thick, to me the extra high arch and lack of midsole make the forefoot ball to toe bed feel ultra thin. Do the Last Resorts have that thin vulc feel or that SB Blazer mid cushioned type feel?

Nah they're flat as shit, like the toe area of a Vans Pro insole at best, but from heel to toe. It's comfy foamy stuff, but I think maybe a couple of millimetres of extra foam counldn't hurt, even for just low impact skating. Bit pricey too, depending on how long they last.

Other than that, they look good and they seem like an all around good, comfy well made pair of shoes.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2021, 09:05:32 PM »
i missed on the first drop and after my homie gave me his review, i decided on getting a pair next drop. i'm a 10 and they fit just a little too big. i tried on the 9.5 and they were way too tight, so i went with the 10s and laced them a little more snug than usual and they're a fucking great shoe. a nice flick and toe. the laces haven't ripped on me yet. they're placed just high enough where they barely get touched. i was gonna say the suede wears out quick but i looked at the pair i'm skating in and the suede looks fine. more durable if anything especially since i set up a brand new deck when trying this pair. the insole looks hella fancy like a dress shoe, i kinda like that. like the greco shoe. i haven't had any heel problems and that's one of the major things i look for in shoes. stitching hasn't blown out yet either. it's been about 2 weeks.

that being said, i went and bought 2 more pairs.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »
they are $120 canadian, they better out perform/outlast blazers for that price.

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2021, 10:24:12 PM »
Just chiming in on the sizing: I’m a perfect 10.5 in Vans and shell toed Adidas, a snug 9.5 in CTAS, and the Last Resort 10 fits me absolutely perfectly. Feet are slightly wide with a medium arch.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2021, 12:44:30 AM »
stitched in insole is a no. you could just get ctas they started doing suede toecaps again
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2021, 10:36:42 AM »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2021, 10:37:17 AM »

Think these greens are the vegan.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »
stitched in insole is a no. you could just get ctas they started doing suede toecaps again

Except ctas don't fit anyone who's foot is shaped not like a ballerina's

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2021, 03:52:10 AM »
Finally got my hands on the hi-tops!!!

I've ended up getting a smaller size (usually a US12, here an US11) and they fit like a glove.

Will give an update as soon as I get to skate them, but they feel amazing.

https://imgur.com/a/7RLT3Aw

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 04:00:45 AM by Giza Butler »
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.