Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178974 times)

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2021, 04:24:19 AM »
I have a hard time with these, I read to get a half size down so I did, the 9.5 was tight and hurting my toe, so I returned them for a size 10 and now these are two big for me, I’m bummed because I really wanted a pair but idk, the sizing is making it hard for me to wear

doctorkickflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2021, 07:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
stitched in insole is a no. you could just get ctas they started doing suede toecaps again
[close]

Except ctas don't fit anyone who's foot is shaped not like a ballerina's

I ripped mine out very easily.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2021, 10:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
stitched in insole is a no. you could just get ctas they started doing suede toecaps again
[close]

Which is another complaint people have lobbed at last resort. Anyway I am not 14 anymore I am not doing prep work on a pair skateboarding shoes
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2021, 10:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Which is another complaint people have lobbed at last resort. Anyway I am not 14 anymore I am not doing prep work on a pair skateboarding shoes
I have a wider foot and my LR's fit great. Its snug against my instep and side of my feet without feeling constricting. With my feet, I'm always searching for shoes that don't bag out on the sides right away but don't feel like its in a foot binder either. So far, these shoes are doing it for me.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2021, 10:39:24 AM »
Yeah they aren't narrow for me. The outsole shape is a bit more streamlined though.
You actually "sit" in the shoe really well due to the midsole/foxing coming up a good height around the entire shoe, and like @camel filters said the sides dont bag out at all. the suede feels thicker too which helps.
haven't felt the need to take the insole out. not looking to skate any impact though

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 07:38:02 PM by jay_nev »

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2021, 02:16:20 AM »
Yeah they aren't narrow for me. The outsole shape is a bit more streamlined though.
You actually "sit" in the shoe really well due to the midsole/foxing coming up a good height around the entire shoe, and like @camel filters said the sides dont bag out at all. the suede feels thicker too which helps.
haven't felt the need to take the insole out. not looking to skate any impact though

Feels like the same to me, having a wider foot, these have just adapted to the shape without blowing out of shape.

Somehow the sole in the second run feels slightly thin, but again, I'll have to go out and skate them a bit to find out.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2021, 03:59:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Feels like the same to me, having a wider foot, these have just adapted to the shape without blowing out of shape.

Somehow the sole in the second run feels slightly thin, but again, I'll have to go out and skate them a bit to find out.
you have a pair of the first drop and second? And do you notice any differences? I thought the laces changed a touch too, second run being a little thinner whereas the first were oversized/thicc

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2021, 03:21:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
you have a pair of the first drop and second? And do you notice any differences? I thought the laces changed a touch too, second run being a little thinner whereas the first were oversized/thicc

Yeah but unfortunately I don't have them both here to compare 'em.

Will surely do it asap. 

I'm basing it mostly on first impression, and they somehow felt less sturdy on the sole, but as usual after a couple hours, you forget you're wearing brand new shoes as they are super comfy.

The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2021, 02:02:17 PM »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2021, 02:05:33 PM »
damn, i need to print out that sizing guide thing from LRAB cuz i can't wait to jump on all those vegan versions!  Torn between whether i'll be an 11.5 or 12.  I'm a 12 in virtually everything but an 11.5 in CTAS pros. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2021, 02:06:51 PM »
damn, i need to print out that sizing guide thing from LRAB cuz i can't wait to jump on all those vegan versions!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »
damn, i need to print out that sizing guide thing from LRAB cuz i can't wait to jump on all those vegan versions!  Torn between whether i'll be an 11.5 or 12.  I'm a 12 in virtually everything but an 11.5 in CTAS pros. 
most likely 11.5! Check the guide.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2021, 11:16:13 AM »
GREY. These must be 4th drop

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2021, 02:30:52 PM »

They are. Went over the third drop today, they are not in that one.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2021, 03:49:04 PM »

ricky bobby

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2021, 05:37:48 PM »
Lotties collaboration :-)

puddy

• Rep: -4
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2021, 05:50:11 AM »
Just got my first pair of these and figured I'd throw in my two cents on sizing. I skate Half Cabs in a size 8, but pretty much any other brand of shoe I'm an 8.5, or more often 9. Last Resort's size 8 was listed as the same length as Vans (26cm), and so I went with an 8 in the Navy Hi and they fit great.

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Spoke to Last Resort today, my mistake. Drop 3.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

so the VM002 is drop 4 ?

ballintoohard

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2021, 10:27:33 AM »
I thought I’d not like my highs, but they’re strong contender for leather Nike replacements. Awesome grip, actually good ankle support, and not as floppy feeling as a GT Blazer. Curious to see if they stay like this. They definitely feel thicker than CTAS/Nike equivalents

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2021, 01:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, I guess so.

[close]

[close]
so the VM002 is drop 4 ?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2021, 02:14:28 AM »
Everytime I see these, I can't help but think "Discount Store Converse" I'm sorry! I know y'all like em but I can't unsee it.

These don't have the notorious failings of Cons vulcs (sole separation, suede bagging out a lot once they're real broken in, etc.) from what I've been seeing. Wonder how many/many more people from Cons (sponsored people not us regular folks lol) will jump to these...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:10:16 AM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2021, 07:08:06 AM »
I knew they revised the foxing height. Even comparing my drop1 lows to drop2 highs in store it was just slightly different.

I wonder when the last changed/updated? My drop 2 lows should be arriving from orchard soon so interested to compare to drop1 lows

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2021, 02:16:46 AM »
Finally got to skate them yesterday, the boardfeel is great, I still find them a bit loose if that makes sense, but overall you forget that you're wearing 'em.

Sturdy as a Nike blazer for ankle support and flick/general skateability but I've felt the impacts on the sole a bit more.

Overall, to be a first session without almost walking in them they were great!!!

ricky bobby

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2021, 03:54:00 AM »
Gonna move onto my second pair of the lows soon and hopefully pick up a pair of the highs for the Australian autumn/winter.
Also saw that in their instagram bio they're teasing a "xxxx xxxxx" on the team. I'm hoping that those x's are Dane Brady ;).

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2021, 05:18:55 AM »
I've been waiting for those vegan models too.
I'm 8.5 in State, 8 in Vans, 7 in CTAS pro.

What size do you suggest me ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2021, 12:51:29 PM »
33% off at 303 boards online right now. Steals but sizes moving though.
https://303boards-com.myshopify.com/collections/last-resort-ab

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2021, 12:57:52 PM »
thanks, I've wanted to give these a try

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2021, 06:50:22 PM »

Managed to grab a pair finally. Was waiting and hoping I'd find them on sale at some point. Second time buying from 303 btw, got the Tom Knox NBs a couple months ago on sale too - they seem like they're one of the only shops putting such new gear on such a steep sale - hope they keep on doing that.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2021, 07:03:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Managed to grab a pair finally. Was waiting and hoping I'd find them on sale at some point. Second time buying from 303 btw, got the Tom Knox NBs a couple months ago on sale too - they seem like they're one of the only shops putting such new gear on such a steep sale - hope they keep on doing that.

Huge fan of 303 one of the best shops I’ve ever been to. Been contemplating picking up some LR’s from them all day