Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178932 times)

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2021, 05:08:35 AM »
Just got the low ones in the mail. I usually skate nb cups cause I m old but I m seriously impressed by the feel and look. First time my girlfriend asked if they made them in women’s sizes because she thinks they look so good.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2021, 06:22:17 AM »
Been skating them for a week now.

The insole has actually adapted a lot more to the shape of my foot and it's very very comfy.

Not a lot of damage being done but I haven't flipped my board much, but the grip is great.

As pointed out by a friend, this shoe has all the best features from Cons, Nike and Vans combined.

Very happy with them overall, I finally got the black on black too, stoked!
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2021, 09:42:26 AM »
Just got the low ones in the mail. I usually skate nb cups cause I m old but I m seriously impressed by the feel and look. First time my girlfriend asked if they made them in women’s sizes because she thinks they look so good.

DLX has the black/white VM001 down to mens 5 (roughly women’s 6.5) if you’re looking.
SPB!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2021, 04:03:23 PM »
Just got a pair of the blue/black hi tops on sale via Paradeworld/303 boards.  Went down 1/2 size to 9.5.  Gonna reiterate what others said, these things are solid, well built, look and fit great.  Feel broken in out of the box.  These might just get me off the teat of “big shoe” for a little bit
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2021, 05:15:25 PM »
Lace swap thurz

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2021, 04:00:24 AM »

New model! Looks like it has a Gazelle toe.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2021, 04:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

DLX has the black/white VM001 down to mens 5 (roughly women’s 6.5) if you’re looking.

Thanks for the heads up, I´m in Europe though. My local had them in girls sizes as well, my gf already tried them but she would need a half size, so she passed.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2021, 05:56:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for the heads up, I´m in Europe though. My local had them in girls sizes as well, my gf already tried them but she would need a half size, so she passed.

7Hills in Rome (Italy) has small sizes of the first run.

https://7hillsroma.com/it/footwear/last-resort-ab.html

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2021, 06:26:31 AM »

the sketch does but the actual shoe looks more like a cons toecap or even old skool.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2021, 09:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the sketch does but the actual shoe looks more like a cons toecap or even old skool.

The T-Toe in that Sharpie doodle would be way cooler than those yellow jawns on the assembly line... all those are is an Old Skool with an early 80's adidas-ish wavy eyerow. Make that T-Toe happen, Pontus!!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2021, 09:59:03 AM »
I don’t think it was meant to be a “T” toe cap like gazelle.. it is just the perspective of the drawing. Definitely made some revisions during production samples it seems. The texture on the foxing looks great.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2021, 10:12:02 AM »
there's no way those drawings and those production samples are the same shoe.  It's a fundamentally different toe and sidewall (ollie area) design.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2021, 02:30:34 AM »
Forgot to screenshot but I've seen a leather version of the VM0001 low.

They look so good, better than the cow/cheetah prints.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2021, 06:54:12 AM »
A few weeks skating them and they are pretty solid except for the insole. The sole it self is thick enough for a vulc but the fixed insole is feeling rough coming off of a popcush insole before this. The upper is holding strong tho. Contemplating ripping out the insole or just toughing it out til my pair is dead. Prob wouldnt get another pair for skating though i do like how they look.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2021, 09:18:49 AM »
A few weeks skating them and they are pretty solid except for the insole. The sole it self is thick enough for a vulc but the fixed insole is feeling rough coming off of a popcush insole before this. The upper is holding strong tho. Contemplating ripping out the insole or just toughing it out til my pair is dead. Prob wouldnt get another pair for skating though i do like how they look.

Strange, I feel like the insole is the true game changer, while I hate Vans whatever-cush, I felt that the sole on LR was thin but as the insole held up and adapted to the foot, it made them more comfy and durable.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2021, 09:59:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Strange, I feel like the insole is the true game changer, while I hate Vans whatever-cush, I felt that the sole on LR was thin but as the insole held up and adapted to the foot, it made them more comfy and durable.
I'm also on the heavier side so that might play into it. I don't like how pop cush pushes your foot out of the shoe which makes LR better for everyday wear but i need a bit more cushion. Maybe the skate vans will be good for me since it sits lower into the shoe.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2021, 06:41:20 PM »
Haven’t skated mine, but I’m honestly surprised to see people trashing the insoles. They’re so goddamn comfortable. Shoes that look this basic and thin have no business being that comfy. Got the black low tops in suede and will definitely be getting another pair.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2021, 06:50:08 PM »
Haven’t skated mine, but I’m honestly surprised to see people trashing the insoles. They’re so goddamn comfortable. Shoes that look this basic and thin have no business being that comfy. Got the black low tops in suede and will definitely be getting another pair.
agreed I’m good with it. Ctas I would say are a softer density removable insole but bottom out

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2021, 08:56:19 PM »
It's a solid insole but once that initial solid feeling goes away, my feet just feels a bit at risk in these. It's usable, just not optimal. Again, thats just me and my feet. Many people are loving these.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2021, 03:07:13 AM »
Probably been answered so apologies..... But what's the board feel like?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »
Anybody rocking these shoes with Polar Big Boys for the full Pontus support kit?
I just wanna see how ridiculous that combo looks with massive pants and thin 1930's shoes.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2021, 12:29:35 PM »
Had a pair of these, great quality kicks across the board and they lasted me forever but the kinda super minimalist Converse look isn't really my vibe; never was that stoked looking down at these. If they do some techier shoes at some point i'll be back.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2021, 11:33:59 PM »
On another note, does anyone know where I can get laces that are similar to the last resort stock laces? I'm really liking the thickness and the way it wears down.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2021, 11:40:14 PM »
I wear an 11 in authentics and converse L.Lopez's. I think my slip pro's were 11.5. Anyways, what size should I consider for some LR's?
The chillest1

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2021, 05:13:29 AM »
I wear an 11 in authentics and converse L.Lopez's. I think my slip pro's were 11.5. Anyways, what size should I consider for some LR's?

The size guide on their website says it all I think.

https://www.lastresortab.com/pages/size-guide

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2021, 08:42:57 PM »
https://www.weartested.com/last-resort-ab-vm001-hi/

“... features premium quality materials and stands out with its impressive durability, boardfeel and grip, solidifying its status as one of the top vulcanized skateboard shoes on the market. The only flaw noticed were the shoe’s cushioning features, but then again, who’s really out there skating El Toro every session?”

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2021, 07:36:49 AM »
I wasn't able to rip my insoles out of the second pair of these that I bought so I just put my special insoles right on top of the ones it comes with lol. Fit is fine, if a bit narrow.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2021, 07:42:54 AM »
Probably been answered so apologies..... But what's the board feel like?

Id say closest thing ive felt to last resorts is the academy low/high from that bobby/sage collection. Which i think is basically just a chuck 70 insole on a normal cons outsole

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2021, 05:11:11 PM »
Anybody rocking these shoes with Polar Big Boys for the full Pontus support kit?
I just wanna see how ridiculous that combo looks with massive pants and thin 1930's shoes.

Make sure to get the Dane 1 setup with Aces as well

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2021, 02:36:05 AM »
https://www.weartested.com/last-resort-ab-vm001-hi/

“... features premium quality materials and stands out with its impressive durability, boardfeel and grip, solidifying its status as one of the top vulcanized skateboard shoes on the market. The only flaw noticed were the shoe’s cushioning features, but then again, who’s really out there skating El Toro every session?”

seems pretty on point to me.