Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178977 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2021, 05:45:15 AM »
Vm002 has a toecap. Although pretty minimal right at the toe a la vans style 36.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2021, 06:16:35 AM »
VM003

would gnar

I don't know what antartica is about but they feel paper thin to me, I can feel every grain of my jessup grip through the sole

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2021, 07:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote
I really hope last resort starts moving towards more of a huf look, atleast aesteically , with their shoes. I find their shoes they have out right now look and feel way too thick and bulky. I noramlly just skate plain canvas converse or chuck 70s but i really want to support pontus and a genuine skater owned brand. Hopefully next shoe they drop is going to be something thin and light and mayyyybe have a toe cap, would be too sick.

Also Dane is confirmed on last resort, seen two clips of him in their shoes floatong around aswell as a story that ace posted that was just a pic of his setup  and his foot ontop in which he had the all black lows on.
[close]

You surely don't sound like a fan of Pontus if you just want him to make a Converse replica for you to skate. How long have you had a pair of Last Resorts on your feet/skated them?
Or he just wants LR to make something he prefers to skate and can support and also loves Pontus' companies and skating? Being a fan doesn't mean everything the person puts out is to your taste...

Pontus pre-LRAB did alot of collabs with cons so it makes sense a fan of him would be used to cons shoes.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2021, 03:24:52 PM »

puddy

• Rep: -4
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2021, 05:41:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really hope last resort starts moving towards more of a huf look, atleast aesteically , with their shoes. I find their shoes they have out right now look and feel way too thick and bulky. I noramlly just skate plain canvas converse or chuck 70s but i really want to support pontus and a genuine skater owned brand. Hopefully next shoe they drop is going to be something thin and light and mayyyybe have a toe cap, would be too sick.

Also Dane is confirmed on last resort, seen two clips of him in their shoes floatong around aswell as a story that ace posted that was just a pic of his setup  and his foot ontop in which he had the all black lows on.
[close]

You surely don't sound like a fan of Pontus if you just want him to make a Converse replica for you to skate. How long have you had a pair of Last Resorts on your feet/skated them?
[close]
Or he just wants LR to make something he prefers to skate and can support and also loves Pontus' companies and skating? Being a fan doesn't mean everything the person puts out is to your taste...

Pontus pre-LRAB did alot of collabs with cons so it makes sense a fan of him would be used to cons shoes.

Where in my post did I define what being a fan meant to me? I didn't even say he was not a fan. I said he doesn't sound like a fan. I said this because he mentioned wishing Last Resort would move in the aesthetic direction of HUF and that he basically wants a Chuck Taylor knock off. So those were the reasons I said he doesn't SOUND like a fan, and why I asked if he'd ever actually tried the shoes. Thanks for the standard douchebag response though... Orrrrrr like maybeeeeee.... did you like consider... umm.... duhhh.....  ::)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2021, 05:48:55 PM »
Yo. Hold up. I feel like I’m taking mentally unstable pills here or something: the ab’s are already very, very similar to a cons shoe, no? Like if it was much more similar, it’d just be the other thing. What am I missing?

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2021, 06:43:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Where in my post did I define what being a fan meant to me? I didn't even say he was not a fan. I said he doesn't sound like a fan. I said this because he mentioned wishing Last Resort would move in the aesthetic direction of HUF and that he basically wants a Chuck Taylor knock off. So those were the reasons I said he doesn't SOUND like a fan, and why I asked if he'd ever actually tried the shoes. Thanks for the standard douchebag response though... Orrrrrr like maybeeeeee.... did you like consider... umm.... duhhh.....  ::)

Ive skated a pair of the highs for about 3 weeks and while they are thin, theyre not as thin as I prefer for skating. I didnt say that I want Pontus to make a knock off chuck taylor, I just said I hope they make a shoe comparible in thickness to a classic chuck. I dont get how me liking skatin thinner shoes and liking how a toe cap skates make me "not a fan" of pontus. You sound incompetent as fuck.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2021, 10:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

"You surely don't sound like a fan of Pontus if you just want him to make a Converse replica for you to skate."

Reread your own post out loud. My response to that was fine. My post had none of the "standard douchebag response" tropes you claimed. All I did was respond to what your post read as. And why does wanting a chuck rip off make it sound like hes not a fan? Polar did assloads of cons collabs before LRAB. The LRAB sole pattern is literally a rip of the chuck sole.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:54:25 PM by camel filters »

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2021, 02:19:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ive skated a pair of the highs for about 3 weeks and while they are thin, theyre not as thin as I prefer for skating. I didnt say that I want Pontus to make a knock off chuck taylor, I just said I hope they make a shoe comparible in thickness to a classic chuck. I dont get how me liking skatin thinner shoes and liking how a toe cap skates make me "not a fan" of pontus. You sound incompetent as fuck.

The canvas hi-tops might actually be more like Cons? That's my main concern.

For me it's the actual opposite, I'm glad that they have made a thick padded "plain/cons looking" shoe.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2021, 09:41:18 AM »
If anyone is interested, I'm selling a few pairs in size 13 here: https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=116213.0

I bought two too many pairs and I'd rather spend that cash on the vegan version when it drops.

Marsellus Wallace

• Rep: 2
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2021, 01:36:45 AM »
so if I´m wearing US10 for vans halfcabs pro (basically any vans pros) which size should I get?

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2021, 07:09:59 AM »
Anyone with inside knowledge know when drop 3 is? Looks like there are some nice colours coming.

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2021, 08:12:29 AM »
I am also really looking forward to the new drop. A few locals that Pontus is flowing shoes already have the new colorways so the shoes should be dropping soon enough.

ricky bobby

« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2021, 04:36:35 PM »
so if I´m wearing US10 for vans halfcabs pro (basically any vans pros) which size should I get?
I would just get an US10. I buy the same size Vans as I do Last Resorts.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2021, 05:05:56 PM »
I am also really looking forward to the new drop. A few locals that Pontus is flowing shoes already have the new colorways so the shoes should be dropping soon enough.
what colors?

Curious what the lotties collab is gonna be, which sounds like it’s real soon

Roald Dahnkle

« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2021, 08:50:50 AM »
Drop 3 so far...

Noticed Flatspot have the Yellow and Green in a high now too which I'd not seen anywhere

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2021, 02:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what colors?

Curious what the lotties collab is gonna be, which sounds like it’s real soon

I saw the mids in white/white a few times, not sure if those have been posted here yet. Also the lotties collab and the new VM002 is up on the official instagram. Release on April 9th.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2021, 02:51:35 PM »
If you can afford 2 pairs of "no frills" skate shoes, buy some States and a pair of these, if you can only afford one pair, get the States. I say this because I need State to continue to exist so I can continue skating their shoes. Also, they did it first and without making a gimmick out of the fact they have no gimmick.

Big fan of Pontus but I suspect he doesn't need your money and this company will do fine anyway (I hope it does).

Roald Dahnkle

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2021, 02:14:58 AM »
If you can afford 2 pairs of "no frills" skate shoes, buy some States and a pair of these, if you can only afford one pair, get the States. I say this because I need State to continue to exist so I can continue skating their shoes. Also, they did it first and without making a gimmick out of the fact they have no gimmick.

Big fan of Pontus but I suspect he doesn't need your money and this company will do fine anyway (I hope it does).

Problem is State don't look great and for most people don't have the same appeal. In the UK they just end up in Route One's bargain bin. It's a shame, yeah, but buying stuff you don't really like that much just so it exists isn't how most people make their purchases.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2021, 06:18:47 AM »
There was a VERY sus pic of a lotties T-shirt in the LR insta of what looked like cartoon Satan and a very nazi-era caricature of a Jewish man.

Slide #4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNYFHUvFrK3/?igshid=iy5zmrqgs4gu

Compared with

Maybe its that particular artist’s R. Crumb rip-off style, but hooked noses on seedy looking dudes is a little too close to the images that come up when you search for nazi caricatures of Jews.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2021, 06:37:52 AM »
There was a VERY sus pic of a lotties T-shirt in the LR insta of what looked like cartoon Satan and a very nazi-era caricature of a Jewish man.

Slide #4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNYFHUvFrK3/?igshid=iy5zmrqgs4gu

Compared with

Maybe its that particular artist’s R. Crumb rip-off style, but hooked noses on seedy looking dudes is a little too close to the images that come up when you search for nazi caricatures of Jews.

FWIW Mike Lotti (the artist) is Jewish and went as far as to remove Two Felons from his skate shop shirt when he found about their WP connection. Not in a position to elaborate on his motives but felt it worth mentioning.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2021, 06:41:46 AM »
Thank you for the background. Without that info the graphic is weird. It’s weird anyways.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2021, 06:58:00 AM »
https://www.stepneyworkersclub.com/

Maybe a bit of Cons influence but Stepney WC is what Alv is ripping off. My pal has a pair of the lows in all black and they seem ordinary. Just a court shoe. Last Resort is just the discounted Stepney WC....

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2021, 08:10:51 AM »

Maybe a bit of Cons influence but Stepney WC is what Alv is ripping off. My pal has a pair of the lows in all black and they seem ordinary. Just a court shoe. Last Resort is just the discounted Stepney WC....
i don't know, at this point, it has all been done. last resorts are like all basic vulcs in one. little bit of cons, little bit of vans, little nostalgia like sheep or airwalk(fat and strong laces) little bit of higher prized skate inspired sneakers like swc, no doubt.

swc have that weird little nub on the inside of the outsole. that always rubs me the wrong way. have thought about buying a pair a few times though. i'm sure they skate fine and they seem well made. but i agree, they look pretty ordinary.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »

Well, Stepney's are a knock off Adidas Loveset (an old archival Adidas silhouette) but with a higher sidewall anyway... Nothing's 100% original at this point and smaller brands take inspiration from everywhere since they dont have a legacy to base stuff from.
I still think Last Resorts look a lot more like a Cons without branding (One Star CC) than SWC. Panelling, shoe shape wise and even the fuckin' outsole is basically the same, so I dont see why you think the other way around... maybe colorways?!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2021, 10:40:46 AM »
those eyelet/lace panels and toebox look nothing like the last resort VM001.  The shape and the tongue opening panel is pretty similar, yeah. But as @Sk.A.T.A.N said, everything "new" takes inspiration from other footwear silhouettes and history. Those SWC are a clear rip of those adidas...

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2021, 10:44:17 AM »
as earlier mentioned, these are available in the UK but coming soon to US with the next drop i'd guess. Probably see the vegan model at the same time? not sure.

Last Resort AB VM001 Hi Shoes - Moss Green

Last Resort AB VM001 Hi Shoes - Moss Green

Last Resort AB VM001 Hi Shoes - Mustard Yellow

Last Resort AB VM001 Hi Shoes - Mustard Yellow

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2021, 01:13:29 PM »
That was quick, green and yellow lows restocked and also hi's available now. Interesting enough both the same $85 price, instead 85/95 for lows/highs

https://usa.lastresortab.com/

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2021, 03:11:55 PM »
Quick yes/no: did I fuck up by ordering these in the same size as my vans pros?