Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178956 times)

ricky bobby

Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2021, 03:56:54 PM »
Quick yes/no: did I fuck up by ordering these in the same size as my vans pros?
No, you should be fine

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »
Anyone see these at a shop in the bay area? I really wanna cop, but I wanna try em on first. I'm making a trip this weekend, and I really doubt any of the shops near me have these (central coast, CA)
The chillest1

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2021, 04:47:09 PM »
Anyone see these at a shop in the bay area? I really wanna cop, but I wanna try em on first. I'm making a trip this weekend, and I really doubt any of the shops near me have these (central coast, CA)

Check Bill’s Wheels in Santa Cruz on your way to the bay. They had them recently.

Also check Atlas in San Mateo

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2021, 08:34:36 PM »
I noticed that their recent drop finally have size 13s so I’ll probably cop a pair during their next drop.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2021, 09:00:59 AM »
Chiming into say I’m on my fifth session of the VM-001 Hi blue/black and they’re the most comfortable skate shoe I’ve ever had straight out of the box; holding up super well on brand new grip tape too.

I’ve never fucked with athletic footwear; skated state and puma on and off for a while, mainly vans for years, but last resort is lightyears ahead of all three in terms of comfort and quality. Def going to be skating them indefinitely despite the hefty price tag. Stoked to have another option out there that’s skater owned.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

doublesteveburger

« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2021, 09:22:58 AM »
Shamelessly posting this cause I’m currently decluttering before a big move - if anyone wants to scratch that itch and pull the trigger on these.

https://depop.app.link/jy8QWCobnfb

I skated a pair and love them. The fit reminds me of a vans epoch sport. Already eyeing a second pair - I’m just not a fan of this color way so I’m sellin’.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2021, 09:39:53 AM »
One size too small, or I would. I bet someone cops soon
The chillest1

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
i buy green hitop fi last resrt ah website an dem ah charge i $14 fi ship, wi da only option ah be 2 day express pon fedex. an sizzla, i getta trackin numba anna i zimmi fedex website an last resort dem ship i dem shoes onna fedex ground. now be week affa i purchase dey kixx anna i still no haffi i last resort green hitop. weh dem fi come off fi rob i ova $10 fi shippin. last resort ah geedy babylon rassholes. bun fyah pon pontus ah new mansion inna portugal ya bandit!
I an I haff nah white god

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2021, 02:47:59 PM »
i buy green hitop fi last resrt ah website an dem ah charge i $14 fi ship, wi da only option ah be 2 day express pon fedex. an sizzla, i getta trackin numba anna i zimmi fedex website an last resort dem ship i dem shoes onna fedex ground. now be week affa i purchase dey kixx anna i still no haffi i last resort green hitop. weh dem fi come off fi rob i ova $10 fi shippin. last resort ah geedy babylon rassholes. bun fyah pon pontus ah new mansion inna portugal ya bandit!
shoulda stuck with I-path

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2021, 05:45:40 AM »
I just saw on LR’s feed live what looks like coated canvas
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2021, 08:31:52 AM »
what happened to the vegan drop tho? Was supposed to happen in April no?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

chat noir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2021, 10:54:45 AM »
I have no evidence to back this up but I feel like they are going to drop a Dane Brady part with the announcement of him on the team. Haven't seen the dude for years tho, just have a feeling.

I may try a pair, but my feet are so wide... not sure I can fit. Don't feel like trying shoes on at the store right now...

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2021, 11:08:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what happened to the vegan drop tho? Was supposed to happen in April no?
Somebody posted here or in the general upcoming thread that they DM'd Pontus and he said "soon"
I'd bet by the end of the month. 

Kevve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2021, 05:31:39 AM »
Hos does low & high shoes differ when skating? Pulled the trigger on some lows last night, but really i like the looks of highs more..

Chose the lows because thats what im used to skate but the high ones are just cooler right??

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2021, 06:13:16 AM »
Hos does low & high shoes differ when skating? Pulled the trigger on some lows last night, but really i like the looks of highs more..

Chose the lows because thats what im used to skate but the high ones are just cooler right??

I luv I hitops
I an I haff nah white god

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2021, 09:25:04 PM »
I have no evidence to back this up but I feel like they are going to drop a Dane Brady part with the announcement of him on the team. Haven't seen the dude for years tho, just have a feeling.

I may try a pair, but my feet are so wide... not sure I can fit. Don't feel like trying shoes on at the store right now...

I have wide feet as well, with no arches, and the lo's fit me really well. have not tried on the hi's.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2021, 12:20:17 AM »
i ordered hi top a size up after literally measuring my foot like the size guide on the website said I should. I'm a true 12.5 but have sized down to 12 w footprints for the last couple years in vans and non-chuck converse. Pretty wide feet I guess. Plan to trade em in for a 12 if they're really too big, but I might not skate them at all because of the stitched in insole/they look nice/vulcs are getting harder for me to skate.

To be frank it's funny to me to give Pontus more money but even if it's corny occasionally, he's never done wrong w his companies. Weird that theres only been like insta footage so far, but covid severely hinders the whole pontus filming thing, right?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2021, 12:47:33 AM »

yes correct.  unless you're dealing with ankle issues that would do well with the support/protection, or have a delicate butterfly's flick that would be restricted by it.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2021, 01:30:57 AM »
Any europals order directly from Last Resort website recently?

I'm wondering where they ship from because if they're shipped from UK I don't want anything to do with it. Since Brexit, anything shipped from UK is a mess. But if they're shipping from EU it should be fine.

I already DM'd them like a man but also wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience with it lately... Thanks!

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2021, 01:42:00 AM »

I'm wondering where they ship from because if they're shipped from UK I don't want anything to do with it. Since Brexit, anything shipped from UK is a mess. But if they're shipping from EU it should be fine.

I already DM'd them like a man but also wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience with it lately... Thanks!

It seems that they are shipping from within' the EU, the last drop wasn't even available for Europe as all the shoes were in the UK, so I guess this time they have all sorted out.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2021, 01:44:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It seems that they are shipping from within' the EU, the last drop wasn't even available for Europe as all the shoes were in the UK, so I guess this time they have all sorted out.

cool thanks!

EDIT: They answered my DM... They're shipping from Holland now! CONFIRMED.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:36:21 AM by beatifk »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2021, 04:11:09 PM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2021, 04:41:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

cool thanks!

ahahaha pontus on tax evasion

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2021, 08:59:02 PM »
So completely fucking annoyed with the changes to Vans I went on and out of pure frustration just bought a pair of LRAB His and one pair of Lo's (and a tee). I fucking hate vans for what they've done to their shoes, but I hope this wasnt a mistake copping so much LRAB in one go, sight unseen, but they have some 13s now so I went for it.
ok thanks

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

cool thanks!

[close]

I think it was already clear when he moved to Portugal, which probably has the lowest taxations in the whole of Europe.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2021, 05:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

cool thanks!

[close]

[close]

I think it was already clear when he moved to Portugal, which probably has the lowest taxations in the whole of Europe.

That is not true. You are confusing it with cheap cost of living (which is not even that cheap when your salary is -/+ 700 a month). Taxes are pretty high in Portugal, that's why there's a lot of Portuguese companies that suddenly are based in the Netherlands (for example), for obvious tax invasion reasons... You do get some exceptions on taxes for a few years if you're a foreigner creating a new business in the country (I think, at least it used to be like that).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2021, 06:02:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

cool thanks!

[close]

[close]

[close]

That is not true. You are confusing it with cheap cost of living (which is not even that cheap when your salary is -/+ 700 a month). Taxes are pretty high in Portugal, that's why there's a lot of Portuguese companies that suddenly are based in the Netherlands (for example), for obvious tax invasion reasons... You do get some exceptions on taxes for a few years if you're a foreigner creating a new business in the country (I think, at least it used to be like that).

I didn't know about companies but for what I know personal taxes and living costs are pretty low.

I remember reading about a lot of people would retire there because of no taxation on their income.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
ok thanks